CAA Radio - Episode 25 - "World Domination"

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio - Episode 25 - "World Domination"

Postby Link Antilles » Sun May 23, 2010 8:01 pm

In this show, we are slowly covering all time zones with our special guest, discuss blind purchases, talk about British TV, and tons more!

You can directly download the show from this link: Right Click and Save As. Or stream the show from here.

Enjoy and tell me if you notice an improvement in the audio quality!
Link Antilles

Postby goldenspines » Sun May 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Talk about British TV? 8D

*downloads*

EDIT: Why didn't someone respond after me? D: I don't want to double post though, so I'll edit this post and hope everyone sees it. >_>;;

Bluetooth earbuds, Mech. D: After watching Doctor Who, I will never use Bluetooth earbuds EVER. I’m horrified of them.

And plungers.

And the list really goes one from clothing store dummies to potholes in the ground. XD;

I would not have minded an all Doctor Who cast. 8D

Even with a very weird title, Mighty the Birdy does seem worth the watch.

Also, since I’ll finally have some free time, I may check out Cassern Sins. (as well as finish Gurren Lagann. >_>;; )

Was the break and ending music from Giant Robo? I do need to get that series.....someday. >_>
(hey, my birthday is coming up, guys~ *is shot*)

As far as the sound quality went, it was great most of the time. It went in and out of light static as times, though. But overall, it seemed improved. ^_^d

Also, I have to go watch FMAB 58 just to see where they are at. O:
goldenspines

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 am

goldenspines (post: 1396114) wrote:Was the break and ending music from Giant Robo?

No, the break music was from Grim Fandango, but the end music was from Giant Robo. :)
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 am

Great, great show everyone! J was a really cool guest and brought fresh insight (and accent) to the pod. Casshern Sins deserves all the praise it gets! J's "political" Heidi story was funny, as was the whole Northern Sotho bit was pricelsss. BTW...did I hear mech say "capital?" :cool:
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Fish did a good job identifying what's wrong with Samurai Deeper Kyo. I lost track of it at some point and I honestly can't remember how far I'd read since the villains can be kind of generic. Definitely past the killer hippie, though.

bigsleepj wrote:No, the break music was from Grim Fandango, but the end music was from Giant Robo.

Good to have you on the show. Speaking of music, what about the intro? Did someone manage to find it, or is it just an alternate version of the theme song?
uc pseudonym

Postby bigsleepj » Tue May 25, 2010 12:23 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1396564) wrote:Speaking of music, what about the intro? Did someone manage to find it, or is it just an alternate version of the theme song?

I managed to find an alternate, newer souped-up version of the theme-song, which is what Link used. As for the original, which is magnificently off-key, that seems to be harder to find. :)
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

bigsleepj

Postby blkmage » Wed May 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I really liked Eureka Seven and I enjoyed Pocketful of Rainbows. What you absolutely must do is divorce your preconceptions of what the characters are supposed to be and take the movie for what it is: a completely new story that has nothing to do with the old one. I mean, it would have been worse if it had done the expected thing and shoehorned in a continuation of a story that had complete closure.

It definitely achieved what it set out to do, which was to take the world and themes and shape a new story out of it.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm

So impressive show, the censor was amusing, topics were great. I envy that bigsleepj is so near World Cup.

And while I haven't seen it, Pocket Full of Rainbows sounds like what blkmage said, and I plan on watching it someday.

Can't wait to listen to the next one! I'm glad Link liked Eureka Seven.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ich1990 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 am

Your constant efforts have worn down my resolve, and today I cracked; Doctor Who season 1, disc 1 (of the reboot) is now on its way to my abode.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby bigsleepj » Thu May 27, 2010 9:17 am

[quote="ich1990 (post: 1396935)"]Your constant efforts have worn down my resolve, and today I cracked]

Erm, just a word of warning; I'm saying this entirely as a big fan of the reboot - the pilot episode, Rose, is a load of crap and is a low-point for me in the reboot right next to the 4th season episode The Unicorn and the Wasp.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

bigsleepj

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am

Link- GREAT idea with the censor! That was fabulous and I laughed long and hard hehe.

I really enjoyed working on this episode! Bigsleepj has some really interesting factoids that I never knew. I wonder if we could all go without television if the Government banned it?

blkmage (post: 1396742) wrote:I really liked Eureka Seven and I enjoyed Pocketful of Rainbows. What you absolutely must do is divorce your preconceptions of what the characters are supposed to be and take the movie for what it is: a completely new story that has nothing to do with the old one. I mean, it would have been worse if it had done the expected thing and shoehorned in a continuation of a story that had complete closure.

It definitely achieved what it set out to do, which was to take the world and themes and shape a new story out of it.

Yes, you are correct here. That is one aspect of the movie that I could appreciate.
However, the E7 fangirl in me was just shocked more than anything haha!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby GeneD » Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 am

I absolutely DIED at the Northern Sotho part!! I had to pause because I was laughing too hard. Then went back and listened to it a few more times, not being able to get past it due to laughing too much.

Then I played it to my parents and brother. Maybe I should send it to a local radio station. :P XD XD Best podcast ever!

I'm hoping to get into Birdy the Mighty since it's available in SA for legal streaming. (This is a giant beef I have with the streaming people, since almost nothing is available here and I had to stop watching Durarara and FMA: Brotherhood because of it. /rant I could also rant about Animax, but I won't.)

If anyone knows of any way to find out what is available here without checking each individual show, I'd love to know how.

Also, I want to see a diski dance youtube link!
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby bigsleepj » Thu May 27, 2010 1:27 pm

GeneD (post: 1397008) wrote:Then I played it to my parents and brother. Maybe I should send it to a local radio station.

Please, please please please please DON'T!
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

bigsleepj

Postby ich1990 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm

bigsleepj (post: 1396964) wrote:Erm, just a word of warning]Rose[/I], is a load of crap and is a low-point for me in the reboot right next to the 4th season episode The Unicorn and the Wasp.

Would this be a quality or a content warning? I would like to know because I was under the impression that Doctor Who is a fairly clean series and suitable for family night fodder.

EDIT: I also watched FMA: Brotherhood episodes 57 and 58. Whooboy, you guys are getting into the good stuff. Seeing those fights animated and set to music, along with a little rearranging of the scenes and improvisation on the part of the animators really made my day. I had planned on just reading the manga and calling it good, but now I think I will have to watch the anime as well. It looks positively first rate.

Oh, and for episode 58, imagine watching the episode and getting to the part where the blood sprays from a certain character right near the end. Now imagine stopping at that instant and having to wait a whole month for the rest of the episode to come out. That was what reading the manga was like. I am glad they didn't put you through such a thing with the anime; it is cruel and unusual punishment.
ich1990

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu May 27, 2010 7:52 pm

ich1990 (post: 1397067) wrote:I think I will have to watch the anime as well.
...DO IT!
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby mechana2015 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:29 am

ich1990 (post: 1397067) wrote:Would this be a quality or a content warning? I would like to know because I was under the impression that Doctor Who is a fairly clean series and suitable for family night fodder.

My guess is quality. The episode, so far as I remember is a load of cheeseyness and some iffy special effects. Not really fanservice. This isn't Torchwood.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Angel37 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Glad to see you guys are back in business! Give me a holler if you need a new guest! I'd be more than happy to make a cameo and remind you all that this is not the gamecast. XD
Angel37

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:09 am

Not bad guys! Though all the british TV talk went over my head....

the censor was INGENIOUS!!!!! LUV'ed IT!!!!!!!!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 pm

And I gotta say:
who designed their uniforms anyway?

-roy mustang?

my response EXACTLY. XD

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby ich1990 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:27 pm

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1397095) wrote:...DO IT!

Okay, I did. It was great.
mechana2015 (post: 1397133) wrote:My guess is quality. The episode, so far as I remember is a load of cheeseyness and some iffy special effects. Not really fanservice. This isn't Torchwood.
You were right. The first episode isn't that great, but the rest have been excellent. I will have more thoughts when I finish the first season.
ich1990

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 pm

ich1990 (post: 1400224) wrote:You were right. The first episode isn't that great, but the rest have been excellent. I will have more thoughts when I finish the first season.

I'm glad you enjoyed the first season. Because the first episode is so, erm, shoddy / cheesy, I've found people were sometimes quite hostile to the series after watching it(until the got further and began to enjoy it). Because of that I make a point of it to always warn people about its quality.

Some more heads ups: the second season is remarkably better. The third season has the most low points (most of the episodes just don't gel, not counting BLINK, which is awesome) but the fourth is equal to the second. I can't comment on season 5 yet, but I'm REALLY looking forward to it.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

bigsleepj

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Is it just me, or is this link broken, I can download it, but it doesn't play, doesn't for stream either...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:31 pm

It does seem to be down.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:31 am

The podcast download and stream should be working fine now. Sorry about that.
Link Antilles

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts