Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue May 04, 2010 11:54 am

Wyntre Rose (post: 1392104) wrote:Actually, I could send you a pm. I already have one written up for x/1999 that I did for another CAA'er a while back, I just haven't submitted it here. I'll have it and one for Tokyo Babylon for you in just a while. Heading out the door for a doctor's appointment, or I'd do it now. :)

OK, thank you! I'll be waiting.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Well, I was looking through the reviews, and came across the review for Earth Maiden Arjuna- there seems to be a misunderstanding about the sexual content, where the reviewer states that the baby in the womb enjoyed it when the mom was having sex- having seen the anime, the baby doesn't enjoy the sex- in fact, the baby was very distressed by it. Also, the reviewer forgot to mention that there was a part in a later episode where Juna and her boyfriend attempt sex. It doesn't happen, but you see them kissing and then it cuts to them laying on the beach- they're both clothed but Juna's shirt is undone and you can see her bra, and the guy's shirt is unbuttoned.

I'm also bumping my question from earlier:
Atria35 (post: 1388078) wrote:Okay, I was thinking of writing a review for the beloved Aria series- am I right for thinking that the series should be reviewed as a whole, instead of a different review for each season? And should there be a different review for the OVA? I also noticed that the review for Victorian Romance Emma is incomplete- there's two seasons to it, for a total of, well, more than 12 episodes as the original reviewer indicates, which makes me think she only saw the first season. Would it be possible to write up a review for the whole series, or should I just send one in for the second season?
Atria35

Postby Hohenheim » Mon May 10, 2010 2:37 pm

I would like for a review to be done on 'Baccano!'. It is such a fun show, but so few people know about it. I feel like someone should do a review to help get the word out about it.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby airichan623 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Code Geass R2 review submitted! Yay!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby MightiMidget » Mon May 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Hohenheim (post: 1393373) wrote:I would like for a review to be done on 'Baccano!'. It is such a fun show, but so few people know about it. I feel like someone should do a review to help get the word out about it.

I second this. Especially considering how many people on CAA rave about Baccano!'s awesomeness (which it lives up to), but it would be nice to have the content warnings. It's not exactly butterflies and sunshine. :)
MightiMidget

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Atria35 wrote:Well, I was looking through the reviews, and came across the review for Earth Maiden Arjuna- there seems to be a misunderstanding about the sexual content, where the reviewer states that the baby in the womb enjoyed it when the mom was having sex- having seen the anime, the baby doesn't enjoy the sex- in fact, the baby was very distressed by it. Also, the reviewer forgot to mention that there was a part in a later episode where Juna and her boyfriend attempt sex. It doesn't happen, but you see them kissing and then it cuts to them laying on the beach- they're both clothed but Juna's shirt is undone and you can see her bra, and the guy's shirt is unbuttoned.

I think in this case we should leave this unless a mod can confirm this either way.

Atria35 wrote:Okay, I was thinking of writing a review for the beloved Aria series- am I right for thinking that the series should be reviewed as a whole, instead of a different review for each season? And should there be a different review for the OVA? I also noticed that the review for Victorian Romance Emma is incomplete- there's two seasons to it, for a total of, well, more than 12 episodes as the original reviewer indicates, which makes me think she only saw the first season. Would it be possible to write up a review for the whole series, or should I just send one in for the second season?

Respectively: review as a whole, different review for OVA, review as a whole.
uc pseudonym

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I just submitted a review for xxxHOLiC.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 am

Just submitted a review for the adorable Ponyo!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wyntre Rose » Tue May 25, 2010 7:17 am

Sorry it's taken so long, but I'm finally putting together that Mushishi review I promised long ago. If all goes well, it should be ready today or tomorrow. Also, I will more than likely be submitting a review for X/1999, since I've gotten 3 requests for the content in that anime already. It'll just take a little tweaking to put it into review format.

Edit: Mushishi is finished and submitted. Still working on X/1999.
Wyntre Rose

Postby Atria35 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:22 pm

*phew* Finally got a review written up and submitted for the Aria series. Woot!
Atria35

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Submitted reviews for Macross Frontier and Victorian Romance Emma (I know there's already a review for this, but the original review was only for the first season, according to the review, so since it now has a second season and they're both licensed....)
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Poors mods have too many reviews to look over XD

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:41 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1398897) wrote:Poors mods have too many reviews to look over XD

Lolz!
And they'll have one more when I finish my Time of Eve review! XD
Atria35

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 pm

NOOOOO!

Joking aside, it's only really a burden for the mod who's actually watched that particular series. ;-)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby steenajack » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Just submitted a review for Origin: Spirits of the Past. XD!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 am

steenajack (post: 1399208) wrote:Just submitted a review for Origin: Spirits of the Past. XD!

Yay!!!! Steena-chan, I can't wait to read it! *is wanting to see it* I wonder if there's any familiar voice actors, both dub and seiyuu in there.

[quote="shooraijin (post: 1399193)"]NOOOOO!

Joking aside, it's only really a burden for the mod who's actually watched that particular series. ]

XD!!!! Well I know they have alot to look over, we've all become review-happy. XD

AnimeGirl

Postby steenajack » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:19 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1399215) wrote:Yay!!!! Steena-chan, I can't wait to read it! *is wanting to see it* I wonder if there's any familiar voice actors, both dub and seiyuu in there.

Actually you may recognize Monica Rial who played Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicles. XD!

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 pm

steenajack (post: 1399299) wrote:Actually you may recognize Monica Rial who played Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicles. XD!

Yay!! She's one of my favorite dub voice actresses! So far, I've never seen her in a major role where the chacter she voices ISN'T my favorite character! Let's see what happens with this one....

AnimeGirl

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:01 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1399319) wrote:Yay!! She's one of my favorite dub voice actresses! So far, I've never seen her in a major role where the chacter she voices ISN'T my favorite character! Let's see what happens with this one....

[color="Plum"]She talks for Bulma on Dragon Ball Z Kai on NickToons Monday-Thursday at 8:00 p.m. EST and 5:00 p.m. PST.

I like Monica's voice for Bulma better than Tiffany Vollmer's.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Juliannesan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

So hello everyone! I'm new here.
But I was wondering, is there another review page I'm missing? Because I'm not seeing the newly updated reviews on the other page. Can someone link me?
Juliannesan

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1399587) wrote:So hello everyone! I'm new here.
But I was wondering, is there another review page I'm missing? Because I'm not seeing the newly updated reviews on the other page. Can someone link me?

If you're talking about on the review page, then they still need to be looked over by the mods and then the mods will post announcements about them going up. If you mean on the page you click on before reaching this link, if you scroll down, you'll see a button that shows 'show all posts for...' and you can choose the time span.
Atria35

Postby Juliannesan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah, I was talking about the review page. I forget now how I got to it originally, but it doesn't seem updated. But maybe as you said its still being looked over by the moderators. Thanks. :)
Juliannesan

Postby steenajack » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 pm

You mean the place where all the finished and approved reviews are located? Well, On the top of the screen, there should be a button that says "reviews". Click that, and you'll find 3 catagories: Anime, manga, and Video Games. Just click on the catagory you want, then all the reviews for that catagory should show up on screen. They are listed alphabetically, and you can search for titles by both age-rating and names. I hope that was of help to you. :D! BTW, welcome to CAA.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

thank you kindly. I did manage to find it. ^_^
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Yukio Masachita » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:58 am

I suggest Maria+Holic.
It's a comedy anime about a lesbian girl named Kanako Miyamae transfering to a Catholic-based school to find her true love. She meets someone, who meets her expectations, named Maria Shidou however an unfortuntate turn of events reveal that Maria is a sadistic cross-dressing boy.

Plus Kanako has nosebleeds over the other female characters.
Yukio Masachita

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:32 am

Atria35 (post: 1399590) wrote:If you're talking about on the review page, then they still need to be looked over by the mods and then the mods will post announcements about them going up. If you mean on the page you click on before reaching this link, if you scroll down, you'll see a button that shows 'show all posts for...' and you can choose the time span.

So does one have to meet certain qualifications to write reviews?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 am

PatrickEklektos (post: 1402293) wrote:So does one have to meet certain qualifications to write reviews?

SDG

Thankfully, no. They just ask that you try and keep the grammar and spelling mistakes to a minimum. Anyone can submit- when you're logged in, there's a 'submit your own review' button on the anime recs page. Same for the manga reviews.
Atria35

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:47 am

OK! Sweet! :D I love doing reviews and it seems kinda pointless just reviewing the anime and manga I am watching/reading just to tell my brother, "this is great" or "This is trash!" LOL Sweet, so for spelling I gots spellcheck! LOL And for grammar, well, I was homeschooled so other than my style oddities, I should be good! LOL Well, just a few more posts and they'll know I'm not a spammer for some mega corp. LOL Thanks! :D

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:48 am

PatrickEklektos (post: 1402302) wrote:OK! Sweet! :D I love doing reviews and it seems kinda pointless just reviewing the anime and manga I am watching/reading just to tell my brother, "this is great" or "This is trash!" LOL Sweet, so for spelling I gots spellcheck! LOL And for grammar, well, I was homeschooled so other than my style oddities, I should be good! LOL Well, just a few more posts and they'll know I'm not a spammer for some mega corp. LOL Thanks! :D

SDG

No prob- I can't wait to see which anime you decide to review!
Atria35

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 am

If one submits a review and two weeks pass with no contact from CAA, does one still PM the person in the submission guide thread?
TheSubtleDoctor

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews