Superhero Anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Superhero Anime

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Hey I was wondering if people could give me a list of Superhero/Tokusatsu anime. I tried searching it on Google but couldn't really find anything. I am looking for anything in the vain of Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, or Ultraman.
I know a few already: Astro Boy, Guyver, Gatchaman, Skull Man, and a few others. I was just wondering if there were others that I did not know about. Thanks!
Wolf-man

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1385526) wrote:Hey I was wondering if people could give me a list of Superhero/Tokusatsu anime. I tried searching it on Google but couldn't really find anything. I am looking for anything in the vain of Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, or Ultraman.
I know a few already: Astro Boy, Guyver, Gatchaman, Skull Man, and a few others. I was just wondering if there were others that I did not know about. Thanks!

Gatchaman! You being a toku fan, I think you'll like the opening and ending theme. Granted that's not what makes a show, but its a great start.
Solid Ronin

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 am

If you're really interested, there's an Ironman anime coming out. There's also one called Heroman. Again, I think it's just started airing.

You're probably not going to find many more, since the traditional Superhero is an American thing. Or at least, they'd be far more obscure. The only reason I know these is because I saw the poster for the Spring anime season ^^"
Atria35

Postby battletech » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am

Tekkaman Blade?
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Atria35 (post: 1385567) wrote:If you're really interested, there's an Ironman anime coming out. There's also one called Heroman. Again, I think it's just started airing.

You're probably not going to find many more, since the traditional Superhero is an American thing. Or at least, they'd be far more obscure. The only reason I know these is because I saw the poster for the Spring anime season ^^"

I JUST watched the first episode of Heroman. It's Robot Captain America written by Stan Lee and animated by the Japanese.

So unless a Kamen Rider Spirits anime is announced right now, best anime ever.
Solid Ronin

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Would Kikaider count?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:32 am

Solid Ronin (post: 1385649) wrote:So unless a Kamen Rider Spirits anime is announced right now, best anime ever.

If only. Did you see the pictures? I found these pictures that made it look like a Spirits anime but it wasn't *sigh*.
I heard about the Ironman anime and I have seen the Kikaider one. Thanks guys. I guess your right that there aren't really any. I guess I'll just stick to Tokusatsu.
Wolf-man

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:14 am

Wolf-man (post: 1385786) wrote:If only. Did you see the pictures? I found these pictures that made it look like a Spirits anime but it wasn't *sigh*.
I heard about the Ironman anime and I have seen the Kikaider one. Thanks guys. I guess your right that there aren't really any. I guess I'll just stick to Tokusatsu.

I've heard of the rumored anime but never saw the pictures. Could you link them or something please.

Oh! Something I forgot to mention, Karas. Not quite the superhero in the traditional sense but very very Tokusatsu inspired. (Its from the same studio of Gatchaman.) However I will say expect I very anti-climactic ending, But man what an opening.
Solid Ronin

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:20 am

I think I found a few others that might fit-
There's the series Casshern and it's sequel Casshern Sins (I heard the sequel is better)
Silent Mobius
Bubblegum Crisis
I haven't seen any of these, but I have heard of them- you might want to do your own research to see whether you'd want to watch them.
Glad you liked Heroman!
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:26 am

Silent Mobius is awesome! Highly recommended.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:31 pm

If the prospect of an "anime version of X-Men" sounds interesting, you could check out s-CRY-ed and E's Otherwise. s-CRY-ed is a B/B- and I haven't seen E's Otherwise so I can't fully give it the thumbs up.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:21 pm

E's Otherwise is awesome. I never finished it but I got pretty far.
Wolf-man

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Darker than Black! Though it's a bit light on the hero part...
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Gad Guard. I haven't gotten to far in, but its got Mid size mechs with costumed "operators." and to push it over the edge... Gif. Graffiti ... You heard me right.
Solid Ronin

Postby Cianter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 am

So, I know this thread is like super old, but there are four superhero anime series that came out in 2011 called Wolverine 2011, X-Men 2011, Blade2011, and my personel favorite, Iron Man 2011, hope this helps:D
Cianter

Postby softsubs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I'll recommend Heroman. The feeling of "awesomeness" lasted for like 2 days after I finished watching it. :lol:
It's also fairly clean, content-wise, as far as I remember. A lame crossdressing scene in one episode and a beach scene in another. I could have forgot something though.
softsubs

Postby Neane » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, if you want a very dark and mysterious approach to superheroes, there's Soul Taker. This has to be one of the most underrated anime out there. Bascally, imagine if someone combined Batman and Go Nagai's Devilman and then combines it with Gatchaman. And then you take that mix and combine it with Evangelion, the result of that mix is Soul Taker . The First Five Episodes are a bit terrible, but then it turns into a series that has beautiful battle scenes, weird unique and awesome directing, plus it has a very good plot. If you are worried about the content, it has some fanservice and some light gore.
Neane

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews