[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Ideas for stories? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Ideas for stories?

Projects or project ideas in the works

Ideas for stories?

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm

I REALLY wanna make a short web comic or something. The thing is, I can draw but I'm really bad when it comes to writing. I can't focus enough to weed out garbage that is not needed in the story or keep the plot focused with so many ideas running through my head. And I'm not very good with writing dialog.

Anyway, some help would be cool. I just want something short cause I would bore myself if it was long and I got frustrated.

Some "images" I've gotten but have no idea how I would make a story out of these include: Two Gargoyles conversing on the outside of a mausoleum in a cemetery. The earth as a huge monster underneath the earths crust... lightly smash a round ball off chocolate to get what I mean... the hard gooey stuff sticks to the hard shell... the gooey stuff is the creature, the chocolate shell-earths crust.. and it devours the earth, can open it's many mouths and launches a sharp harpooned tongue. An underwater city where the architecture resembles a the skin and surface of humpback whales... (it's weird I'm not gonna begin to describe it but I had a dream about it once... but it did look very pretty despite what it sounds :D) A boy who crawls into a big trash can and floats out to sea in it.... Death on a journey to take home the next dying soul, easy moments on this trip, person is getting weaker... hard moments on deaths journey=person getting better.

Anyway, I have lots of other ideas just no clue how to turn them into anything fleshed out. I'm not a writer.... so I really don't have and idea what to do with all of this. So... :D any help/ideas?
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:06 pm

This sounds like something I'd be interested in. Not getting any ideas off of the images you listed here though, at least not at the moment, but I do still think this would be cool to work with you on.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:09 pm

I'll help. I operate under the delusion that I'm good with plotting so I may be able to get something together, if you're willing.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Wind » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:54 am

I like to think I am fairly good I have been writing for years, I wouldn't mind contributing my creative skills to a webcomic
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 am

Oh wow I thought this post was halfway to the graveyard :P Didn't notice anyone replied :P

Umm ya, I'm a little sure how to go about doing this though. I've never worked on anything like this with anyone and like I said I'm a horrible writer... so do you want me to just post one of my story outlines and you guys just take it from there or something? I have a couple I could post. Flesh it out, turn it into a script I could use? Or if you prefer, you could come up with something yourself and I just illustrate it... :D The thing is, I have to love it or I wont be interested enough to draw and keep with it. But if that's what you wanna do, I mean, as long as I can be creative with it, it's cool.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:11 pm

I'm not sure I have any web-comic compatible stories really...I can dig through my stuff and see what old notes are there though. I'm thinking I'd be more partial to your first suggestion though, trying to flesh out something you've already got.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby WhiteMage212 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey, you can use the smash bros. photos to help you create the story. (you could seriosly make a comic with smash bros. if you wanted to) then, you can use the poses to help you think of something creative. Oh, I got a theme: darkness and light, sin and holiness.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Return to New Projects and Ideas