Review Requests//Database updates

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:09 am

Is it OK if I review the Dragon Half manga? Because it's not licensed in the US yet.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:03 pm

If the series has been completed, yes.
uc pseudonym

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:29 pm

I really, really like One Piece too...the manga is quite exceptional. *nods*

Hmm...as for manga, the only other thing I can think of that involves following a dream is Kitchen Princess, but it's a shoujo (I think) drama, and I'm not sure that's something you'd be interested in. (I'll be working on a review for it, btw, as the last--I believe--book comes out next month)

Now, if you don't mind me recommending an anime, Comic Party (the original, dubbed by RightStuf) is pretty good. Like the guy who reviewed it said, it actually inspires the viewer to do or make something; he was inspired, and I felt like I wanted to sit down and either write or draw manga as well. Granted, I'm recommending the anime because I heard the manga had fanservice in it, and while the anime may not be completely devoid of it, the manga had more I think. And I haven't actually read the manga. But as I was saying, I'm only recommending this because it's one of (if not the only series) that actually stirred up inspiration inside me to get up and do something (and since I like to write that's what I wanted to do). So yeah, sorry I'm not recommending the manga, but I'm not sure about it (because of the fanservice).
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Ashley » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:55 am

Finally updated this thing. Sorry guys, that last semester of college was crazy hard, but I should be able to go through them soon.
Ashley

Postby RandomBurrito » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Umm... does anyone know of a manga that is clean (please no nudity!), funny and romance. Action manga is coolness too, but nothing with magic please. Thank you!
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:54 pm

RandomBurrito (post: 1282453) wrote:Umm... does anyone know of a manga that is clean (please no nudity!), funny and romance. Action manga is coolness too, but nothing with magic please. Thank you!

Go to Manga Recommendations Thread
:)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby RandomBurrito » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank you.

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
RandomBurrito

Postby eternalprincess » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:12 am

I vote someone reviews "Captive Heart".

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby GreenKnightFuu » Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Has anybody reviewed Chobits yet? If not, I'd be interested in reviewing it. I'd also be interested in reviewing Tokyo Mew Mew (the manga, not the anime).
Reneé
CLAMP Fanatic
GreenKnightFuu

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri May 29, 2009 10:36 am

We currently have reviews for all of those. For those wondering if certain titles are taken, our reviews are sorted alphabetically, and can be searched easily using browser text search functions (Ctrl+F). If a review isn't posted for a series you want, don't worry about calling it--just go ahead and submit.
Cap'n Nick

Postby crusader88 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:45 pm

I went over the whole thread, an no one has requested a review of Rozen Maiden yet. Since I obsess over most everything I like, I tend to see Peach-Pit's Rozen Maiden as the best thing since the Gutenberg Bible, but I'm interested in hearing what my fellow Christians think about it.
crusader88

Postby airichan623 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 pm

i agree with crusader- its a favorite of the Japanese Prime Minister (or former?) Taro Aso!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

No, thank God...

Postby crusader88 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Taro Aso, Japan's first Catholic (and third Christian) prime minister, is still in office despite his amusing antics and foibles. Boy, do I owe him one! It was after reading about his love of Rozen Maiden on Wikipedia that I decided to pick it up in the store!
crusader88

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Is it alright if I posted a review for the manga Maison Ikkoku?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Strafe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am

I posted reviews of Mahou Sensei Negima and Monster a while back. But the spacing is all messed up...
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has the done the review for Kitchen Princess. If not I'd like to make the review for it, I have the whole series so it's not a problem at all.

RandomBurrito

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:32 pm

There is an approved Kitchen Princess review:
http://www.christiananime.net/manga_reviews.php?display=264
uc pseudonym

Postby Blacklight » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Um, I was wondering if someone was going to re-review Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, because the final volume is coming out this month and the original review is based on the first 5 volumes of it.
(Or maybe this isn't the place to ask that?)
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 am

This is the correct place. I'm actually not sure whether the submitting bug would delete an edited review or not, but we can't be sure.

In response to your question, though, the issue is if the series has content after the first five volumes that would significantly change the ratings.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:27 pm

It's quite likely it would delete an edited review. I'm still planning on getting to this sooner, rather than later, but lately it seems to be "Jesus is coming soon," if you take my meaning.
Mithrandir

Postby steenajack » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:36 pm

I would like to submit a review for From Far Away when I'm done reading it.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby airichan623 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:37 am

...will naruto be re-reviewed soon? cuz i think the series is drawing near its close (hopefully: i cant take the suspense anymore!)

also, the yotsuba&! manga isnt finished, just the translation got discontinued. so wats gonna happen to the old review?

i would like to review the shugo chara! manga, if thats ok.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 pm

In reverse order:

- There is no Shugo Chara review, so go ahead.

- The review can be changed if it is now incorrect. I'm not sure in this case, so I wouldn't be the person to do it unless you can identify what changes need to be made explicitly.

- The Naruto review is mine, and I actually modified it within the last year to match recent developments. Again, if the series ends and the review is made inaccurate, it can be changed.
uc pseudonym

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I have a question; does a manga review have to be of a Japanese manga? Just wondering, I might wanna review Game Plan! XD. If it's only for Japmanga, that's fine.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

The issue has come up before, and though the staff doesn't have strong feelings against it, we decided that for the moment reviews will be limited to Japanese work. That's what most people use the database to find, so if you want to promote Game Plan, it would probably be more helpful elsewhere.
uc pseudonym

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 am

Alrighty, thanks for answering my question!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Um, since threads stay in the order they're posted, I wasn't sure if anyone would ever see it, but I posted a comment in the Alice 19th thread about an inaccuracy concerning the manga. I just thought I'd mention it here, so.... I'm sorry if it seems a bit much. Thank you!
Atria35

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Thread order changes when new posts are added, so your comment is actually right at the top. Still, it doesn't hurt to mention it here because not every mod follows all threads (I don't do much with shojo, for example).

In this case, I took a look at the runes in question and you're right. They just look like one of your standard Germanic alphabets. That section of the review has been edited.
uc pseudonym

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Hey, umm... I was wondering if anyone could ever review xxxHolic. The title makes it sound terrible, but I've seen/heard a lot about it and it doesn't appear to be anything like what it sounds like :/

But, uh... to make me feel better... if anyone's read the series, I'd like some help on it's moral rating? :)
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:02 pm

QuirkyIceHeart (post: 1387962) wrote:Hey, umm... I was wondering if anyone could ever review xxxHolic. The title makes it sound terrible, but I've seen/heard a lot about it and it doesn't appear to be anything like what it sounds like :/

But, uh... to make me feel better... if anyone's read the series, I'd like some help on it's moral rating? :)

I understand about the title- when I clicked on it in the 'On Demand' on our tv at home, my mom thought I was putting on a hentai show! :sweat: As far as I know, it's still ongoing, so I'm not sure the mods would allow a review for it to go up yet.... Unless the mods are feeling benevolent since at this point it's over 20 volumes.

Someone else would have to do the moral rating for you, though. I got so annoyed by the anime (due to a character I dislike) that I have yet to read much of it.

But something else that I've been wondering about- I've submitted about... 4 reviews for the manga review section of the site. I've noticed that they've gone right up, without seeming to go through the mod review. Is that something I should be worried about? Is it a problem with the site? Or are the mods just able to read and approve the reviews that quickly, and I'm being silly for bringing it up?
Atria35

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews