Kuroshitsuji

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Kuroshitsuji

Postby Bekalou » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:37 pm

There aren't too many chapters that have been scanlated, but is there anyone else here who has read Kuroshitsuji by Toboso Yana? It's running now as a new anime this season, as well. I'm just wondering what you guys think of it, because I find it interesting...
Bekalou

Postby blkmage » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm wondering if I should follow the anime until it's done before I pick up the manga or whether I should just do it and satisfy my curiosity.
blkmage

Postby Bekalou » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:20 pm

From the 1 or 2 episodes I've seen of the anime (I only watched the raw of episode 2 so I'm not entirely sure) it looks like it's going to follow the manga fairly closely, except rearrange a few pieces toward the beginning. Only the first 6 chapters out of 24 published have been scanlated, so it won't spoil too much for you, really. But if you do read it, I'd be interested to see what you think :) The manga has very nice art, anyway.

Mostly I'm curious to hear another Christian's perspective on it, since I have some thoughts but there's no one around me to share them with ^^;
Bekalou

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:05 pm

So I started reading it, because Shinsen is taking exceptionally long with subs. I'm on chapter 9, and my gut reaction to it is
[spoiler]Shinigami again? Really?[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby Bekalou » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:38 pm

blkmage (post: 1265080) wrote:So I started reading it, because Shinsen is taking exceptionally long with subs. I'm on chapter 9, and my gut reaction to it is
[spoiler]Shinigami again? Really?[/spoiler]

I wonder what the holdup with Shinsen is, seriously...
Hehe, yeah, that's true. But I like that sequence, it's still fun. And...
[spoiler]Androgynous death gods with chainsaws are cool![/spoiler]
Bekalou

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:26 am

I've been avoiding scanlates recently (because they absorb so much of my time when I get into them!)

To me, the setup looks like just yet another gothic-cute title, but I have to admit, the artwork looks excellent. I'll have to investigate further in the future.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby minakichan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:01 am

Story kinda makes me feel "Eh, this is rather generic, but it's got a nice twist." The art is pretty~ might stick with it for that alone.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:25 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. At some times I'm interested in our primary butler, sometimes it just feels like a listless attempt at nothing, and far too much of the time it feels like it exists for the express purpose of yaoi-baiting.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews