The encouragement Thread returns!

Talk about anything in here.

The encouragement Thread returns!

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:18 pm

When I first joined this site, there was a thread called the Encouragement Thread where you could leave kind words for the person above you. I think we need to restart this thread, because everyone could use a kind word. So, let's start up the Encouragement Thread again!:angel:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby David » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:05 pm

I agree that was a great thread! Rocklobster rules for reviving it!
David

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:01 pm

David rules for passing the torch!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:21 am

Rocklobster is a true blessing to others, and his socks rock harder than anyone for bringing this thread back!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:36 am

KhakiBlue is someone who keeps the humor coming. And it's appreciated, from someone who only within the last 10 years received his sense of humor.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:09 am

Never really spoke to you yet, but have seen you around. Sakaki Onsei is a calm dude under pressure and good fellow warrior of Christ.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:12 am

Gabriel has definitely been an encouragement to me. He doesn't have all the answers (who does?), but he always encourages people never to give up and to look to the Lord.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby SailorDove » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 am

Sheenar is a trooper with all the stuff she's been going through and has the cutest little doggy who's as smart as a whip!
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Kunoichi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:45 am

Sailor Dove is a true prayer warrior and has always been there when I needed encouragement! ^_^ You Rock sis!
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Kunoichi has a good head on her shoulders and asks provoking questions.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:12 am

Rocklobster has great and creative ideas for RPG's and is a great brother in Christ! ^_^
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

Kunoichi

Postby Sheenar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:24 am

Kelly is always encouraging and uplifting in her responses to others --and she has such a great attitude even in hard circumstances!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 am

*blush lol

Sheenar first has the cutest darn avatar ever! Secondly, she has always been a great example of faith to me and I treasure it dearly!

Kunoichi

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 am

Sheenar, although I don't know her all that well (we should talk =] ) seems like a cutie pie, and reminds me of a fluffy bunny that I would love to hug all day long ^^

EDIT: Clearly I suck at replying quickly =P ><

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 am

lol nah xblack ^_^ I just snuck in...it's the ninja thing *wink

Well from what I can tell of xblack is has the unique and awesome quality of not being afraid to be who she really is ^_^

Kunoichi

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Kunoichi is an awesome prayer warrior!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 pm

I should have particpated in this thread earlier! It seems so nice!

Rocklobster is a very nice part of CAA, he always posts encouraging things for others to read and learn from.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:42 pm

ChristianKitsune is a great artist and draws very cute stuff!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby eternalprincess » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Rocklobster is a wonderful addition to CAA and a great brother in Christ. ^.^

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Eternalprincess though i haven't talked to her much, rocks. She is a princess in the eyes of Christ!

Kunoichi

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Kunoichi has posted 2 excellent "Encouragement of the day" threads in the Daily Devotionals section of the forum!
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 pm

And hoping and going to do more ^_^

Jon_jinn, I can honestly say I have not met him more, but just reading his sig I can tell that he is one that is a true follower of Christ and inspires others to do the same!

Kunoichi

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Kelly is a very great friend and fellow walker in Christ that is very supportive and strong young woman in God.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Gabriel 9.0, I haven't gotten to know you very well, but I'm sure you're a great person who would be lots of fun to get to meet. You seem to be very good at encouraging people on this thread. :)
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:19 am

mysngoeshere56 is a very emotional person, but in his case that's a good thing.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 am

I don't know rocklobster much either, but he seems like a pretty nice guy, and he started this up again, which makes him twice as cool! :D

AND the fact that his username is completely random makes him twice as cool again!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:03 am

I don't know mysngo, but from what I see of him he's definitely worth getting to know.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm

That Dude used to rule the encouragement thread in its original run!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Song_of_Storms » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Rocklobster is a great RPGer! (also, his username reminds me of the song with the same name by B-52's )
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:28 am

I LOVE erin's rpgs!!!

Kunoichi

Next

Return to General