Crimson Hero

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Crimson Hero

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:31 pm

I don't know if anyone here has picked up this title by Mitsuba Takanashi but I think it's great. At first I avoided this particular manga since I am not that big of a sports fan but was surprised after buying it that it has just the right amount of sports and drama. XD After reading the first few pages I've been hooked! Anyone else reading this title and find it just as awesome?
yukoxholic

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:52 pm

I have a good amount of the manga because of Shojo Beat. At first I thought it was dumb because of the sports factor and when I first saw it I had a sore spot for volleyball because I had been cut from the team a year before, XD.

But then I picked it up again when I started reading Shojo Beat last year and I love it. The only problem I had with it at first is that the girls looked like guys and I kept having the wrong gender voice read in my head, XD.

I like how it's not ALL drama. The drama and the sports factor are balanced very nicely.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:06 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1253294) wrote:I have a good amount of the manga because of Shojo Beat. At first I thought it was dumb because of the sports factor and when I first saw it I had a sore spot for volleyball because I had been cut from the team a year before, XD.

But then I picked it up again when I started reading Shojo Beat last year and I love it. The only problem I had with it at first is that the girls looked like guys and I kept having the wrong gender voice read in my head, XD.

I like how it's not ALL drama. The drama and the sports factor are balanced very nicely.

Oh, that's horrible! I can see why you'd want to skip it at first. I've never been keen on Sports manga with "My Heavenly Hockey Team" being the exception. I've always been a Viz Shojo Beat girl but some titles I pass up due to it being way too dramatic or just not my cup of tea.

Yeah, I had that issue at first! I couldn't tell a girl from a guy and for a bit I kept thinking the main character was a guy. >__>;; But now I can tell them apart through extensive looking of facial expressions. ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:27 pm

I like this manga. I read some of it in Shojo Beat which I use to buy. I'm thinking of asking someone to buy the whole volume for me for my birthday which doesn't come until nov.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Mave » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:04 am

I thought this was a pretty good series and like the art a lot. I never really confused between the characters but ah never mind.

It focused quite a bit on the sports (which I liked) and also occasionally dwelled on the emotions and romance (which I also liked). Having read the more recent chapters, I'm pretty pleased with how the characters have balanced between their personal ambitions and their feelings in a mature sense.
Mave

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 pm

I've only completed the first 3 volumes so far and I'm still hooked. There are 8 out to buy right? Does the story progress even further between characters?
yukoxholic

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm

It's been awhile since I've read them, but yes.

I really like the characters in this series. And I've started liking volleyball more, too. (For all the good it does now, haha. Wish I had read this back in high school.)
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews