Manga to anime?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Manga to anime?

Postby Aleolus » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 am

Hey all. Here's a question for you, what manga would you like to see converted into an anime sometime in the near future? For me, it's

Omamori Himari
Kanokon
Ashita no Yoichi
Inumimi
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:42 am

The Kanokon anime is currently playing on .jp TV.

Inumimi is a little cliched, but I guess I wouldn't mind seeing it animated.

I would like to see Train + Train, and a full series for Yokohama Shopping Trip (there is an OVA, which is okay, but only for those already reading the series.)

It's early in the series, but I think Black God would be good, too (this is a kind of manga/manhwa blend. A well-known manhwa artist is doing it, but for a Japanese publisher. It is actually appearing first translated into Japanese, which the author doesn't even read or write!)

And of course, Megatokyo!!! (NOTE TO HECKLERS: I AM KIDDING!!!!!)
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 am

Aleolus (post: 1236325) wrote:Kanokon

If we're both talking about the same series here, I am curious why you'd bother to watch it.
Fish and Chips

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:31 pm

Even though it's already being made into a movie, I'd like to see a 20th Century Boys anime. I just generally like seeing manga characters in color with voices and stuff.

Hmm, all other series I can think of are already anime.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Claymore, without the invented ending and with faster pacing overall. Does that count?
uc pseudonym

Postby Aleolus » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1236349) wrote:If we're both talking about the same series here, I am curious why you'd bother to watch it.

Because, from what I've seen, it's hilarious!
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:38 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1236340) wrote:
I would like to see Train + Train, and a full series for Yokohama Shopping Trip (there is an OVA, which is okay, but only for those already reading the series.)

I am in full agreement with those titles being made into anime. Especially Train + Train. Though Yokohama Shopping Trip was a sweet read. I'd also love to see Mobile Suit Gundam: Ecole Du Ciel made into an anime as well as FairyTail. I think it would be interesting if OEL titles were made into animes as well like Dramacon. XD
yukoxholic

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Aleolus (post: 1236429) wrote:Because, from what I've seen, it's hilarious!

Really? Cause all I've seen is it's pushing the boundaries of what you're allowed to show on television, and what will get you arrested.

But hey, it's your dime.
Fish and Chips

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:09 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1236434) wrote:I am in full agreement with those titles being made into anime. Especially Train + Train. Though Yokohama Shopping Trip was a sweet read. I'd also love to see Mobile Suit Gundam: Ecole Du Ciel made into an anime as well as FairyTail. I think it would be interesting if OEL titles were made into animes as well like Dramacon. XD

Based on the couple short looks I've had of FairyTail, that's not a bad idea. I'm planning to get back to it eventually.

OEL titles... yeah, I was kidding with the Megatokyo quip, but I would guess you will see some, eventually. Japanese TV has never been adverse to adapting US titles.

But fair warning... they NEVER look quite like what they came from.

The ultimate example of this would be "Spiderman". The Japanese Tokusatsu by this name isn't just a chance resemblance, it actually was licensed from Marvel Comics. Not that you would ever guess if you watched. There's just not a lot of common ground. (But it's really cool in its own way, if you can forget the American supehero of the same name wearing the same uniform.)

More recently, of course, is "Witchblade" (close, right? American Comic book to Anime is almost OEL Manga to Anime, right?) which again bears little resemblance in terms of story, although at least there's some tie-in between the two.

These are by no means rare occurences. There have been a lot of English-speaking media to Japanese media imports... but Japan will always make them distinctly Japanese. That's just how they like to do things.

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby minakichan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:39 pm

Koukou Debut would make a great shoujo anime; aside from the fact that it's my favorite shoujo series, I think it lends itself to anime pretty well. It's episodic and really has no development or conflict at all (and yes, I know all of this and still love it. Shut up.), which kind of ironically and stupidly gives a nice feel-good vibe. At the very least, it's hysterical, and a lot of the hijinks seem like they'd suit an animated medium more.

On the more serious side, Pluto would be totally kick*** for the exact opposite reasons-- fast-paced, dramatic, full of twists and cliffhangers. Definitely awesome for a weekly show. Also, Kurosagi, LIAR GAME, and MC Law (although the first two have dramas already). I would love to see a more realistic anime about money and business and law; I suppose these lend themselves more to live-action, but a lot of the drama and visual effects seem very suitable for anime.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Elycien » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:33 am

Yotsuba. I just think it would be fun - it's got a very sweet, relaxing pace. It's nothing epic - but then neither was Azumanga Daioh or Aria and both of those adapted nicely to animation.

Also, Kingdom Hearts - but that may be just because I'm an obsessive KH fangirl anyway. ^_^ I suppose it already IS animated if you count in-game cutscenes, but it'd be fun to see it as an actual anime all the same. It'd be better if they based it on the game rather than the manga, though....

And I agree with you on Koukou Debut! It's a nice series (and I know a friend of mine would be ecstatic to see it animated, she's such a huge fan).

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:49 am

[quote="minakichan (post: 1236533)"]Koukou Debut would make a great shoujo anime]

Oh, I completely forgot about Koukou Debut! It's one of my favorite shoujo titles as well at the moment. Also, though Rose of Versailles has already received an anime. I'd like to see it come state-side both manga and anime. ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:58 am

I'd like to see Pretty Face converted to anime form, simply so that it can answer a few questions for me. Namely

1. Does Randoh really start using the feminine pronoun for "I" and "me" in Japanese? Does he alternate between feminine and masculine depending on whether he's speaking or thinking?

2. Given that he's a pretty manly man, how feminine DOES his voice really sound when he's pretending to be Yuna, and how masculine did it sound originally? Does it change back to normal when he goes into "kick the crap out of everyone" mode?

3. Also maybe the anime wouldn't end so abruptly. Or maybe it would. *shrug*

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 am

Oh, that's easy...Kitchen Princess. I'd like to actually watch Najika cook rather than see still images, and I'd like to see all the food in color. XD I'm not dissing the manga in any way though; you still can't beat the book-reading goodness.

In addition, I have a great idea for an AMV I'd love to make that involves the later part of the series.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby EricTheFred » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 am

Elycien (post: 1236695) wrote:Yotsuba. I just think it would be fun - it's got a very sweet, relaxing pace. It's nothing epic - but then neither was Azumanga Daioh or Aria and both of those adapted nicely to animation.

Also, Kingdom Hearts - but that may be just because I'm an obsessive KH fangirl anyway. ^_^ I suppose it already IS animated if you count in-game cutscenes, but it'd be fun to see it as an actual anime all the same. It'd be better if they based it on the game rather than the manga, though....

And I agree with you on Koukou Debut! It's a nice series (and I know a friend of mine would be ecstatic to see it animated, she's such a huge fan).

Second the motion on "Yotsuba." Also, previously mentioned 20CB.

"Battle Angel Alita" is another OVA that I would rather see as a full series.

It would be nice to see the full "Boogiepop" done. Especially from the beginning of the light novel series. I like "Boogiepop Phantom", but it is derived from later parts of the story, and some of the references to earlier occurences are poorly explained, which left it a jumble. A very entertaining jumble, but still a jumble. There's enough material in the Boogiepop series to fill a couple 26 episode seasons.

Tuxedo Gin would be a fun anime, I think.

And this doesn't count, because it's been done, but I've never seen "Cheeky Angel" in anime. I thought it was going to be on my list, but I checked the titles above and discovered that Cheeky Angel was done back in 2002! So, now I must search for it.

EricTheFred

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:28 am

GAK!!!!! I forgot Yotsuba!! Why??? *dunks head in a vat of azuki bean ice cream* *pulls head out* Okay; I third Yotsuba&! as an anime.

*looks around* *grabs spoon* *eats ice cream*
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:30 am

EricTheFred wrote:Tuxedo Gin would be a fun anime, I think.

OH MAN. I completely forgot about that manga. I followed it very heavily when I was in the Navy, then when I got out I kind of forgot about it. I wonder how it ended...anyway, I totally second Tuxedo Gin for an anime.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am

AsianBlossom (post: 1236723) wrote:GAK!!!!! I forgot Yotsuba!! Why??? *dunks head in a vat of azuki bean ice cream* *pulls head out* Okay]third[/i] Yotsuba&! as an anime.

*looks around* *grabs spoon* *eats ice cream*

LOL! I add in my vote for it as well (for some reason I couldn't edit my other post o__o) XD
yukoxholic

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Crimson Hero and Kaze Hikaru.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:28 am

I would like to see Yotsuba be made into anime as well.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Puguni » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:36 pm

I second Fairy Tail and Koukou Debut.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews