Video Game Review Requests

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Solid Ronin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:56 pm

I'm in the process of writing a review for Bioshock, Just to let everyone know....Don't worry I already have a fantastic proof reader.
Solid Ronin

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 am

Ah man i was gonna write one for Bioshock *sighs* Oh wells. Hmm I am gonna claim Phantasy Star Universe (story mode) and Blue dragon. Actually if someone beats Blue dragon first its theirs so only PSU
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:21 pm

scratch PSU couldn't finish it. But i am gonna review the darkness and heavenly sword

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Aleolus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:33 pm

Has anyone made any progress on checking out my review for Legend of Dragoon? I'm would like that to go up as soon as it's confirmed accurate, please.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:41 pm

Right now the review system has errors that are preventing anything from being added. Sorry about that.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:16 pm

Solid Ronin wrote:I'm in the process of writing a review for Bioshock, Just to let everyone know....Don't worry I already have a fantastic proof reader.
If there is at least no 9 out of 10, your review sucks. D:

XD Just kidding.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:06 pm

When is the add your own link gonna be fixed?

GrubbTheFragger

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:56 pm

What link, specifically? The answer is probably "not for a while."
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:58 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:If there is at least no 9 out of 10, your review sucks. D:

XD Just kidding.

First off, Im aware of how you love Bioshock so you aren't kidding, beside it would have been AT LEAST a nine!

...I thought I posted this earlier but I not going to be able to write the review...sorry!
Solid Ronin

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:28 pm

Solid Ronin wrote:...I thought I posted this earlier but I not going to be able to write the review...sorry!

ha ha, MSP, it's your time!!!
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby RidleyofZebes » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Any chance that any of the other games in the Orange Box could get a review? I'm considering purchasing it, but would like to have something to show my mom first. ^_^
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:26 am

I'll be taking that bioshock review. So i have a heavenly sword review and a darkness and now bioshock.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:57 am

Not sure if I should ask. The game is questionable, but I heard a lot of good things about it.
So, here goes.

Could someone please review Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3?
Or Disgaea: Hour of Darkness? Please and thank you!
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby donosuke » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:32 am

Yes, could someone review the entire king of fighters series, im a fan of it but i need other viewpoints about it, especially about the character orochi, or if anyone knows about it let me know your viewpoints, thanks and Godbless
donosuke

Postby ilikegir33 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:17 pm

RidleyofZebes (post: 1180416) wrote:Any chance that any of the other games in the Orange Box could get a review? I'm considering purchasing it, but would like to have something to show my mom first. ^_^

I'd gladly review Portal.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby RidleyofZebes » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:50 am

From the time of that post, I have since purchased the Orange Box.
Heck, now that I have it, I'd do a review for portal. But... I'm not a review writer. :P
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Haruhiko » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:28 am

Any chance someone could review Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes? I've been dying to play the series, but I'm not totally positive I should be.

Much thanks to the person who does.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby MangArtist » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Some one should make a review for the PS2 game, Drakengard, warning people that it's not worth getting because of all the junk. I got it and found out the hard way. There's more in the game than the rating says.
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Haruhiko (post: 1191028) wrote:Any chance someone could review Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes? I've been dying to play the series, but I'm not totally positive I should be.

Much thanks to the person who does.

Is the content in Twin Snakes terribly different than that of the original Metal Gear Solid? Because I've played the original game on the Play Station, but if the GameCube remake is significantly changed, that means peanuts.
Fish and Chips

Postby Aleolus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 pm

MangArtist (post: 1191157) wrote:Some one should make a review for the PS2 game, Drakengard, warning people that it's not worth getting because of all the junk. I got it and found out the hard way. There's more in the game than the rating says.

How so? What kind of 'junk' was within the game, if you don't mind saying?
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby MangArtist » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:01 am

Aleolus (post: 1191260) wrote:How so? What kind of 'junk' was within the game, if you don't mind saying?

Oh, where to start? First of all, the rating said that there's only violence, but there's nudity in it and some swearing. The main character, Caim, is a blood-thirsty guy who enjoys killing everything and anything in his way, even children. There's a crazy elf in the game who's only goal in life is to kill children. Most of the characters tell others in the game to commit suicide over and over and over again, especially to the children. One character does. The main villain in the game is a little girl who's possest by a demon or something. Even if there wasn't all that stuff, the game would still stink. It's the cheesiest game I have ever played! The voice acting, the lines, the music(which they took classical music and played with it) stunk! You get mulitple endings and none of them are happy. The combat was the only semi-enjoyable thing in it, because you get a huge selection of weapons. The game, though, has no replayability, whatsoever.
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:40 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1191164) wrote:Is the content in Twin Snakes terribly different than that of the original Metal Gear Solid? Because I've played the original game on the Play Station, but if the GameCube remake is significantly changed, that means peanuts.

Actually for my knowledge no the content isn't changed much. more gore and well maybe some more language. Other than that not much that i know of.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Haruhiko » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:52 pm

I finished writing a Jump Ultimate Stars review and submitted it....three weeks ago. Any reason as to why its not yet up?
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Haruhiko, CAA's resident lurker.[/color][/SIZE]

Haruhiko

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:33 pm

The same reason most reviews aren't up: they are only approved when a staff member can confirm the content is accurate, either by having played the game personally or discussion with those who have.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:49 am

I have an Orange Box review currently in the process.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 pm

No More Heroes I BEG OF YOU!!!
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Peanut » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Monkey J. Luffy (post: 1195487) wrote:No More Heroes I BEG OF YOU!!!

I'm working on a review for this game currently.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:40 am

Would someone please review One Piece: Unlimited Adventure? Thanks so much!

(and I don't want to sound rude or jumpy or anything, but I'm hoping the two reviews I've submitted in the past aren't being totally ignored or anything...sorry, it's just been so long...I didn't mean to sound rude, I've just been left in the dark about it...sorry again...)
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:36 pm

We had a significant period where the review database was done, so things are still not business as normal. What reviews did you submit? I probably can't approve them personally, but it might draw the attention of those who can.
uc pseudonym

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks so much. They're Cooking Mama (Nintendo DS) and Teen Titans (GameCube...but also X-Box and PS2).

And in case the reviewers are interested, I've seen both of these titles in the bargain games section of my local Target. :)
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews