Vampire Knight

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:59 am

Mave wrote:ARGHHH I DID place a spoiler box on it except that I completely forgot that there's a bug. It looks just fine when I'm logged in but it's no good when I've logged out.

Spoiler box works if [ spoiler ] ==> [spoiler] NYAH NYAH [/spoiler]
Spoiler box don't work as well if [ spoiler=about Chapter 28 ] ==> [spoiler=about Chapter 28] NYAH NYAH [/spoiler]

Log in and log out to see the difference. See this thread ==>http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1177988#post1177988

Eh, Kit-chan, you've double posted and both posts now carry my failed spoiler boxes for the whole world to see. :sweat::sweat: Pls edit it as soon as possible.

[SIZE="3"]A HUGE APOLOGY TO everyone in advance - SO SORRY![/SIZE]

OTL (person kneeling on the ground)

SOOOO SORRY I thought that I had edited that so it would say "Insert Mave's Spoiler here" But it seems that I just hit the reply button instead =_= I was probably half asleep or something. blargh.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Puguni » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:45 am

I read the first few chapters, and it really didn't do it for me. Not because it was about vampires, but I just don't like so much angst in one sitting. I'm more a comedy romance/action type person. The art is nice, but pretty typical. I could just feel their humongous, flashy eyes burning into my flesh.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:03 pm

XDDD Puguni I love that quote about the humongous flashy eyes OH LAFF. It's true they are very...very pretty and flashy..I couldn't do eyes like that.

Does the artist like spend 5 minutes on each eye or something? O_O; It's very well done, but wow.

I myself like a balance of comedy, action and romance. Too much comedy and I feel like the whole storyline is a joke...(which is why I am having a hard time with the Bleach anime and stuff like that).

I like dramatic things too XD and lately that's what I have been reading more of: more drama than comedy, which is probably why I like this ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kairi » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:Err...it's quite far into the series...many of us read scanlations and then buy the English mangas when they come out.

buuut...if you really want to know... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

[spoiler] To slow down the process that Zero is going through. (becoming a 'Level E' vampire, he has to drink the blood of a pure blood... Yuki wants him to ask Kaname.

eventually, Kaname lets him drink his blood..... (not even gonna comment further on that)

Hopefully, it's an innocent thing that Kaname did to please Yuki... I am sure that's what it was...and it isn't anything shonen ai like...but who knows. [/spoiler]

My comments on that scene will be under a spoiler tag, too.

[spoiler]Ugh... surely Matsuri Hino knew what kinds of ideas a scene like that would give yaoi fangirls, so it's really a disappoint. I might be able to overlook it, unless she tried to make it look "sexy" or something. (For example, drawing the guys with their shirts open or off.) Knowing that they're both more interested in Yuki than each other, and that Kaname only allowed it to keep her from getting worried, eases my mind a little bit. .__.;

But still, if things get any worse than that, I'll have to just give up on the series. (Like I did with Shinshi Doumei Cross... I never read past the first chapter.) I hate it when things like this totally ruin an otherwise good series![/spoiler]
Kairi

Postby Puguni » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Kairi wrote:My comments on that scene will be under a spoiler tag, too.

[spoiler]Ugh... surely Matsuri Hino knew what kinds of ideas a scene like that would give yaoi fangirls, so it's really a disappoint. I might be able to overlook it, unless she tried to make it look "sexy" or something. (For example, drawing the guys with their shirts open or off.) Knowing that they're both more interested in Yuki than each other, and that Kaname only allowed it to keep her from getting worried, eases my mind a little bit. .__.;

But still, if things get any worse than that, I'll have to just give up on the series. (Like I did with Shinshi Doumei Cross... I never read past the first chapter.) I hate it when things like this totally ruin an otherwise good series![/spoiler]

One last comment before I take this thread off topic :'D~

Yaoi fangirls feed off of subtext, which annoys me to no end. A guy can't even shake hands with another guy without some fan going ballistic. So...yeah, there's no question that it would be taken out of context. XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Kairi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 am

Puguni wrote:One last comment before I take this thread off topic :'D~

Yaoi fangirls feed off of subtext, which annoys me to no end. A guy can't even shake hands with another guy without some fan going ballistic. So...yeah, there's no question that it would be taken out of context. XD
I know exactly what you mean! They'll completely blow things out of proportion sometimes, and it gets so annoying. >_o; Even if Zero kissed Yuki or something, they'd be like, "WELL UH... he also punched Kaname, so there! It's love!"

Oh, well. As long as Matsuri Hino doesn't make anything like that official, I'll try not to take it too seriously--despite how awkward that scene will be to flip through.

And about the flashy eyes comment, I know! XD Sometimes Yuki's look like they're going to just... pop out of her head. The male eyes usually look better because they're more slanted.
Kairi

Postby minakichan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 am

At the same time, I sort of doubt that Matsuri Hino wrote that segment never thinking once that yaoi fangirls would take it and run. Some mangaka do put in subtext just to please the crowd, even if (ESPECIALLY if) that pairing is not canon.

*cough*KISHIMOTO MASASHI*cough*
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Mave » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:46 am

To be fair, the scenes between Zero and Yuki should have delighted fans of that pairing. Just want to clarify this: I'm not using this single scene to judge the whole series. There are other factors that are being considered but I just couldn't help wanting to rant about....eh discuss that particular scene. XD

I sort of doubt that Matsuri Hino wrote that segment never thinking once that yaoi fangirls would take it and run.

You think so? I generally thought that most of her stuff have some sexual hints. Nobody saw it in MeriPuri? There are also a few more short titles but I can't remember them. I will also say that she's probably among the few mangaka who do it rather tastefully and subtle. Some titles are just so blatant, you might as well recategorize it as semi-hentai. So, as a whole, I thought that she would have been quite aware of the yaoi world and what makes them go in a frenzy. XD

Btw, I totally agree with your comment on Kishimoto and groan. That scene was so deliberate.

One last thing, I've been reading another title by the same mangaka. Kinda fun so far: Wanted <--It has one of the hottest-looking pirate captains ever. ^^
Mave

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am

Mave wrote:To be fair, the scenes between Zero and Yuki should have delighted fans of that pairing. Just want to clarify this: I'm not using this single scene to judge the whole series. There are other factors that are being considered but I just couldn't help wanting to rant about....eh discuss that particular scene. XD

You think so? I generally thought that most of her stuff have some sexual hints. Nobody saw it in MeriPuri? There are also a few more short titles but I can't remember them. I will also say that she's probably among the few mangaka who do it rather tastefully and subtle. Some titles are just so blatant, you might as well recategorize it as semi-hentai. So, as a whole, I thought that she would have been quite aware of the yaoi world and what makes them go in a frenzy. XD

Btw, I totally agree with your comment on Kishimoto and groan. That scene was so deliberate.

One last thing, I've been reading another title by the same mangaka. Kinda fun so far: Wanted <--It has one of the hottest-looking pirate captains ever. ^^

I wanted to Try WANTED! ^_^ It looks good...and isn't it pretty short?

*ahem* anyways BACK ON TOPIC

Isn't there a gay character in this series anyway? (Yuki's "father"?)
I don't see why she wouldn't include a scene like that...but I don't think she will...

still, you gotta be really careful with things like this...I am taking this series page by page right now... wondering if the next page I turn will leave me throwing it away and hating the fact that I picked it up.

I found a few series like that...that seemed really cute and fuzzy and innocent...but by the middle of the book they suddenly changed shape and turned into this creepy semi-hentai read.

Makes me so mad...*fuuume*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kairi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:49 pm

Yeah, I've also been reading WANTED on this site! It's really good so far, although... it is pretty short. ;-;

And I also have to give credit to Matsuri Hino on the way that she handles those kinds of scenes. The only thing that has really bugged me so far is how she made the headmaster (Yuki's "father") gay--or at least makes jokes about it to make you wonder. Thankfully, she never goes very far with them at all, but I still get annoyed just because it's a piece of information that I could have lived without.

But... at least he's a character that I never paid much attention to, anyway. x__x; Hopefully things won't get worse.
Kairi

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:57 pm

Not wanting to read the whole thread, I really like this one so far XD Only at chapter 9, but I can tell Yaoi fangirls love this one, heh.

The guys are so pretty... I hate when guys are prettier than me...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:07 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Not wanting to read the whole thread, I really like this one so far XD Only at chapter 9, but I can tell Yaoi fangirls love this one, heh.

The guys are so pretty... I hate when guys are prettier than me...

You and me both! XD its like "Dannng..not fair! I WANT TO TRY HIS MAKE UP! D:"
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:39 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:"Dannng..not fair! I WANT TO TRY HIS MAKE UP! D:"

LOL Zero would blow your head off for that one; then he and Yuki would have a really angsty heart to heart where they reveal their chronically low self-esteem. At length. Again. Oh, well. XD
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:36 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:You and me both! XD its like "Dannng..not fair! I WANT TO TRY HIS MAKE UP! D:"

Yeah... gotta find their nail and hair salons... I bet they use Paul Mitchell or somethin'...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:25 pm

This thread needs an update. As of chapter 36, there is highly objectionable material such that I feel I have to place a warning.

[spoiler] There are major themes of incest. In pure blood vampire families it is common practice for siblings to marry. The main protagonist is engaged to her brother, having been made so by their parents who were also siblings, and they both obviously have romantic feelings for each. [/spoiler]
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Yup, I echo the warning and will say that I'm disappointed. Honestly, I've always thought that ...

[spoiler] Yuki and Kaname look very alike. Incest is not uncommon in vampire stories but I can't say that I expected that. I am officially ticked off by what Kaname did.

I'm also currently a little creeped out by Shiki's possession.[/spoiler]
Mave

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews