Till we have faces. The Manga

Projects or project ideas in the works

Till we have faces. The Manga

Postby Wave » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:56 pm

This is an idea that I have been knocking around for quit some time. I'm currently reading Till we have faces for the second time. The first Time I read it I thought that, with a little adaptation, it would make an exigent webmanga. What do you people think? It this a good idea, or am I just off my rocker? I do relies there will be some major consideration if I wanted to turn this into a webmanga. For one thing the main character (Oraul), for the better part of the book, wears a vale to hide her ugly face. Webmanga relies heavily on character facial expression to convey there feeling moment by moment. In order to make this work we would have come up with something to get around this. I really do think that if someone did it right they could make a vary compelling webmanga bast on this novel. What do all you people thing?
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:51 am

I saw this done as a play before (Lamb's Players, in San Diego), but I've never thought of it as a manga.

Hmm...

It's a good story. If you can pull it off, it would certainly be interesting.
Mithrandir

Postby Wave » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:48 pm

Yeah... IF I can pull it off. I really can't draw that well, so that is a big if.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Wave

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Wave, I would highly endorse and support your Till We Have Faces manga endeavor if you decide to do it! It's one of my favorite Lewis books and I've read it full through about three times (yeah, I'm a Lewis pyscho...). There are some things (like the kinda pyschadellic ending and Orual's ugly face XD) that might be hard to communicate but like all adaptations I wouldn't be against tweeking it here and there. I'm not much of an artist, but I could help draw some pages if you want and maybe recruit some other CAAers to touch it up.

Go for it!
USSRGirl

Postby Wave » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Cool thanks for the support! I draw so badly though... *frown* And I don't even know where to start. To do this book any Justus... Hmm... Well I'll keep thinking about it.

wave.
••• ––– •••

Wave

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:42 am

I'm all for creating original webmanga, but remember, this is someone's published work. I think it would only be fair to Lewis to get permission from his estate if you were to do this.

Faces is my favorite of his works so I will be interested to see what you do.
Ashley

Return to New Projects and Ideas