Mascot Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Lamb Sunrise

Postby Noblewreck » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 am

Here is a collaborative effort by SailorDove and I.
I drew the art and SailorDove did the coloring.
:jump:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noblewreck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:20 pm

AWWWW cuute! good work you too! :3 I like the colors!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:55 pm

WHoah awesome entries... everyone really!

Man I hope Im not too late cuz I spent a butt load of time on this >.< Here is my final entry for the contest.

His name is jacob and he is an anime lover and pastors son. YEP >.< Or the story can be changed if the admins and mods want thats just what I Thought of when I was drawing it. LOL

WOW now I am gonna be in such anticipation until the results are unveiled!

CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby firestorm » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:43 pm

Well, this is my submission.Sorry for being so close to the deadline. Hope you guys like it. Basically I wanted to take the verse Matthew 5:16 to literal sense. So here he is Shinebrite (I'm still iffy about that name though) lol!! A light to those lost in the dark, and a fellow lover of Christ. He's a very cheerful robot indeed!! lol

Edit: Sorry for all the little imperfections. I kinda had to rush it today. sorry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Pilgrim

Postby dduk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:19 pm

oh wow, i completely forgot about this

here's my entry, had to rush everything today
the lines were redone with tracing paper, something i tried to down the amount of smudges, bad idea there, the lines were all shaky and harder to maintain :shake:
dduk

Postby firestorm » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:04 pm

dduk wrote:oh wow, i completely forgot about this

here's my entry, had to rush everything today
the lines were redone with tracing paper, something i tried to down the amount of smudges, bad idea there, the lines were all shaky and harder to maintain :shake:

That's a sweet looking character dduk, I hope you do well. ^-^ Mind giving me some tips? I kinda can't color that well as you can tell lol.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Good luck everyone! All of you did a good job!
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:46 pm

ok

last entry. XD

its a ..wolf thing. >.>

the end.

*dies of exaustion. imagination-part of the brain shuts down because of all the work it has been doing.*

i'm going to bed. x.x
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:29 pm

GREAT work everyone! ^_^ I love all the entries! Good luck!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby firestorm » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Good luck everyone!!!! you all did great!!

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:30 pm

I have to mirror C-k I just went through all of the entries! I hafta say... WE ALL ARE AWESOME! XP Their are alot of really awesome entries! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

cheers
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby soul alive » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:21 am

I concur! You lot did quite awesome. There are some very impressive entries. Good luck everyone; judges too, since choosing is going to be tough.

(I'm kind of disappointed that school/work/procrastination seriously got in my way, as I still have ideas, but *shrug* totally my fault)
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 am

So many awesome entries, this is really a great lot of artists with quite a future ahead of themselves. Hope your future will be awesome! :D
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:16 pm

yeah I know its too late but I ended up working on my las entry a little more...

the face looks better on this one!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Noblewreck » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 pm

Great job, guys. As a newbie to CAA, I've enjoyed participating in this Mascot contest. Its an honour to participate in a blog that combines our Love for Christ with our love of anime.

Thanks KahkiBlueSocks for your inspiration. I like the name you chose too.

Thankyou SailorDove for your talented eye for color and the time you spend bringing the Lamb mascot to life with color.

Thanks guys for the collaborative efforts. And good luck to everyone's entry. May the best Mascot for CAA win! :jump:
Noblewreck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:58 pm

ooh so thats what she is! good job ;3
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:20 pm

uhm... I want to know who won... HEHE ^_^"""" when do we learn who won? how will it be announced? Im so impatient >.<
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:21 pm

they said sometime in august ^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:15 pm

That's a good estimate and there isn't a specific date. I won't promise anything, but we'll reveal it basically as soon as we compile and evaluate the entries.
uc pseudonym

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:36 pm

Aw, thanks heaps Noblewreck. ^^ I usually draw more cats than dogs, but I'm glad the puppy came out well. ^^

Wow; I like it, Shadow Cat. Lots of room for potential. I like the black shadowy form on the first page. X3

Demetri... uh, I think you mean Bentley: the turtle. In Sly 2 they were
[SPOILER]taking down the last boss. They thought it was dead; Bentley got too close and before it died the boss crushed him in his jaws. Hence the chair.[/SPOILER]

Aw... Caa is cute without the halo and wings too. =^_^=

Aw... that's really nice, Chibi! =^_^= Love how you've drawn him, and the name Isaiah is a really cool one too -I like that. Though when I first read 'three things' I immediately thought 'Love, Joy Peace' or 'Love, Hope and Faith' or something like that. XD

Oi... so many new entries! :wow!:

Very cool collab, bakura and CK. ^_^ Cool yet cute -'heroic and cute' as Noblewreck pointed out. :)

Bah; still very well done, Shadowcat. Nice to see the sketches coloured; like the idea of the colours etc changing.

Wow! Another great entry, Chibi. I love her -reminds me of Megaman; very cool style. I like the whole 'electric' feel too.

Woah- sweet! Glad someone took up Khaki's idea. ^_^ The mascot looks great -great design, concept and colour. ^^

Neat! I like Caz and Cari. =3 ^^

Aw... Cami and crew are so cute! Personally, I think the Lantern could be a real candidate just by itself. ^^

The linework and colouring for Lamb Sunrise are both so beautiful. Great work, Noblewreck and Sailor Dove. :jump:

Gah; as usual, you blow me away with your work, Vernhal. I really love the lighting -everything else is fantastic, but I love the dynamic light. ^^

Neat, firestorm; veyr cool idea. The emoticon face, and his robotic torso with all the wires... it looks really cool. \^_^

Man, he's so cool, Dduk! I love how you've designed him -and all his neat props and accessories. =^_^=

Wah! Love the winged wolf, Chibi. I've seen winged wolves before and had ideas for a story with one as a main character -but I just love the softness of expression, colouring and elegant design you've created for yours. She's unique and beautiful (I'm assuming it's female :P ).

I can't see much difference from the original pic, Vernhal... still looks great. ^^

Wow; finally finished commenting on all the entries. So many since I was last on -it's so great to see the creativity and beautiful artwork! \^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby ShadowCat » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:39 pm

Photosoph wrote:Aw, thanks heaps Noblewreck. ^^ I usually draw more cats than dogs, but I'm glad the puppy came out well. ^^

Wow]taking down the last boss. They thought it was dead; Bentley got too close and before it died the boss crushed him in his jaws. Hence the chair.[/SPOILER]

Aw... that's really nice, Chibi! =^_^= Love how you've drawn him, and the name Isaiah is a really cool one too -I like that. Though when I first read 'three things' I immediately thought 'Love, Joy Peace' or 'Love, Hope and Faith' or something like that. XD

Very cool collab, bakura and CK. ^_^ Cool yet cute -'heroic and cute' as Noblewreck pointed out. :)

Bah; still very well done, Shadowcat. Nice to see the sketches coloured; like the idea of the colours etc changing.

Wow! Another great entry, Chibi. I love her -reminds me of Megaman; very cool style. I like the whole 'electric' feel too.

Woah- sweet! Glad someone took up Khaki's idea. ^_^ The mascot looks great -great design, concept and colour. ^^

Aw... Cami and crew are so cute! Personally, I think the Lantern could be a real candidate just by itself. ^^

The linework and colouring for Lamb Sunrise are both so beautiful. Great work, Noblewreck and Sailor Dove. :jump:

Gah; as usual, you blow me away with your work, Vernhal. I really love the lighting -everything else is fantastic, but I love the dynamic light. ^^

Neat, firestorm; veyr cool idea. The emoticon face, and his robotic torso with all the wires... it looks really cool. \^_^

Man, he's so cool, Dduk! I love how you've designed him -and all his neat props and accessories. =^_^=

Wah! Love the winged wolf, Chibi. I've seen winged wolves before and had ideas for a story with one as a main character -but I just love the softness of expression, colouring and elegant design you've created for yours. She's unique and beautiful (I'm assuming it's female :P ).

I can't see much difference from the original pic, Vernhal... still looks great. ^^

Wow; finally finished commenting on all the entries. So many since I was last on -it's so great to see the creativity and beautiful artwork! \^_^

o3o; What she said...
ShadowCat

Postby Noblewreck » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:04 pm

[quote="ChristianKitsune"]ooh so thats what she is! good job ]

lol. Thanks CK. I see what you mean -- it does look like I gave Lamb Sunrise puppy ears. :lol:
Noblewreck

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Ditto?!
Rofl! :lol:
Man, well, you definitely took the shortcut Shadowcat; 'ditto'... I love that word. XD I definitely wouldn't want to type all that again or try to comment on so many fantastic entries at once once more. :P :lol: ~_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby firestorm » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:01 pm

Photosoph wrote:Aw, thanks heaps Noblewreck. ^^ I usually draw more cats than dogs, but I'm glad the puppy came out well. ^^

Wow; I like it, Shadow Cat. Lots of room for potential. I like the black shadowy form on the first page. X3

Demetri... uh, I think you mean Bentley: the turtle. In Sly 2 they were
[spoiler]taking down the last boss. They thought it was dead; Bentley got too close and before it died the boss crushed him in his jaws. Hence the chair.[/spoiler]

awww thanks Photosoph coming from you that means alot ^-^. You have some great entries there too. *is a fan* lol ^-^;

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm

Aw, thanks Firestorm. ^^ :hug:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:29 pm

AHH the last day of august!

wait... weren't we supposed to get the results in august?

sorry... Im impatient. But is their any new news on how the judging is going?
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby ShadowCat » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:28 pm

D8 *whimpers*
ShadowCat

Postby dduk » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Everyone's a winner, but it's hard to sort out the winner among the winners haha =)
dduk

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:31 pm

I am actually okay with the long wait... it makes the big announcement all the cooler!

Not to mention there are almost 30 entriest to sort through... O_o; I know that when I host my annual Christmas Avatar contest... it's REALLY hard to determine the winners especially when I have over 15 entries like last year. ^^; that took me a while and I had to get someone to help me judge.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:23 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:I am actually okay with the long wait... it makes the big announcement all the cooler!

Not to mention there are almost 30 entriest to sort through... O_o; I know that when I host my annual Christmas Avatar contest... it's REALLY hard to determine the winners especially when I have over 15 entries like last year. ^^; that took me a while and I had to get someone to help me judge.

I almost forgot about the contest truth be told...:sweat:
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests