Deep Discount Manga Sale

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Deep Discount Manga Sale

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Having such a potentially expensive hobby as Manga, I'm always on the look out for good deals (as well as envying the cheaper Japanese editions). Now Deep Discount generally sports some of the best prices on Anime (cutting off roughly 1/3 of the price on any DVD), but Manga has only been moderately more cheaper, so I just go out and buy it at a bookshop.

Recently, however, the folks at Deep Discount seem to be throwing a Manga sale, nearly cutting prices in half. For example, Viz Shounen Jump titles average a $8 pricetag (plus tax). Deep Discount has temporarily lowered it down to $4.57. No tax. Free shipping. The sale lasts until June 16th (3 days from now).

I suggest we make use of this window.
Fish and Chips

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:36 am

Time to take the advantage!
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Puguni » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:45 am

;3; This is BRILLIANT. My favorite mangas are up for sale~ <3<3 THANK YOUUU!
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:38 pm

Definitely just took advantage of that sale. XD I am now the proud owner of the next four volumes of FMA that I needed. For the price of two. Wow.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:51 pm

I guess I'll just buy monster volume 8 off of this XD

Edit: Monster Volume 8 has been purchased!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm pre-ordering Gin Tama, myself. I might even order some FMA or Trigun.

Either way, this is awesome. A smart saler is DeepDiscount.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby JesusFreak84 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Oooohh....thanks for the heads up. :D
Papist Pest :angel:

http://jesusfreak84.livejournal.com
http://www.adorem.us/forum
http://www.omegarock.com
Warning: I'm prone to the following--
:rant::comp::bang::poke::forehead:
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?" (Plagiarized from Mithradir.)
JesusFreak84

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Pre-ordered Monster vol. 9-10 and Mushishi vol. 1, as well as a couple volumes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. 5 volumes for the price of 3; pre-ordering actually being thriftier than waiting around for the actual release. That's some nice jazz right there.
Fish and Chips

Postby RobinSena » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:39 pm

Mr. Fish and Chips, I love you.

I just put in an order for the first manga I have ever owned, the complete set of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, for $40.35. :) I am VERY happy. xD
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:57 pm

brilliant. simply brilliant. Fish & Chips, you have done well. XD
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Unfortunately for me with my experience of buying from American sites (with the exception of eBay) although I've gotten amazing deals, the real kick in the bum is the extra shipping fee you get when the truck comes to your house to deliver >_< Not fun stuff!
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Wonderful, I have no money.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby JesusFreak84 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:12 pm

So what's the URL for this place? I searched Google but no obvious results. o.o :sweat:

JesusFreak84

Postby RobinSena » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:18 pm

JesusFreak84 wrote:So what's the URL for this place? I searched Google but no obvious results. o.o :sweat:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:21 pm

there are a couple of books i want to get, but i'm not entirely sure if i can trust this site. it seems a little...too simple. and the free shipping too. it's almost TOO good to be true.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Cancelled the JoJo.
jon_jinn wrote:there are a couple of books i want to get, but i'm not entirely sure if i can trust this site. it seems a little...too simple. and the free shipping too. it's almost TOO good to be true.

Trust me, the site is legit. I've ordered Anime off it before, and it always arrives a week or so later in mint condition (and 1/3rd off the cover price). I only stumbled across the sale because I frequent the site.
Fish and Chips

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:29 pm

Fish and Chips wrote:Cancelled the JoJo.

Trust me, the site is legit. I've ordered Anime off it before, and it always arrives a week or so later in mint condition (and 1/3rd off the cover price). I only stumbled across the sale because I frequent the site.

well, i'll take your word for it and give it a try. don't think i don't trust you, it's just...the site seems somewhat fishy. no offense or anything.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:06 pm

jon_jinn wrote:well, i'll take your word for it and give it a try. don't think i don't trust you, it's just...the site seems somewhat fishy. no offense or anything.

None taken. I completely understand being cautious with online stores.
Fish and Chips

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:09 pm

*O* they have ouran books... I can get almost all of the ones I need... and only worry about purchasing 4 and 6! :3
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 am

Fish and Chips wrote: I completely understand being cautious with online stores.

Some stores will also look suspicious of their products and prices but after buying from them, are completely legit. Like when I bought from animestuffstore.com but it turned out fine^^ Me likes Paypal pay sites since I don't have my Visa yet^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Felix » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:33 am

I second the words that Deep Discount is legit. Both my dad and I have ordered various things from them at least a thousand times, and they're 100% legit ^^/ I've actually known about this sale for a while, and have been slowly but surely rounding out my Death Note collection. If the sale ends tomorrow, I should go buy few more o.o/
Felix

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:39 am

Felix wrote:If the sale ends tomorrow, I should go buy few more o.o/

uh-oh. i had no idea it ends tomorrow. i'd better check it out and purchase a couple of books myself...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:18 am

jon_jinn wrote:uh-oh. i had no idea it ends tomorrow. i'd better check it out and purchase a couple of books myself...

This might be the ideal opportunity to pick up vol. 1 of Blade of the Immortal.
Fish and Chips

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:27 am

Fish and Chips wrote:This might be the ideal opportunity to pick up vol. 1 of Blade of the Immortal.

:lol: good idea my friend. good idea.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby JesusFreak84 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:45 am

Kaze Hikaru here I come......

(And I did do some Googling on the site; didn't find anything to worry about.)

JesusFreak84

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:49 am

well, i purchased five volumes yesterday. to be a little particular:
Zombie Powder volume 4
Hunter x Hunter volumes 14 and 15
Eyeshield 21 volume 14
Prince of Tennis volume 20

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Puguni » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:21 pm

I'd like to point out that while the awesome sale is over, there still is a two dollar discount on mangas. :D
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Puguni wrote:I'd like to point out that while the awesome sale is over, there still is a two dollar discount on mangas. :D

That's how they roll.
Fish and Chips

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews