the first manga you ever read?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby righteous_slave » Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 am

Blade of the Immortal, republished by Dark Horse in itty-bitty American sized (# of pages) comics. The artist actually took the original pages and cut them up to rearrange the panels for left to right consumption.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby wingedfox » Thu May 03, 2007 10:10 am

mine was pokemon. i saw at the store at the time the show was really big so i had to have it.
wingedfox

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu May 03, 2007 10:26 am

Actually, looking back, I think my first Manga was Pokemon as well. The Electric Tail of Pikachu. 'S was alright, though I remember there being another Pokemon series that was infinitely better that I never managed to get my hands on.

But that was before I was, you know, "In" to it.
Fish and Chips

Postby MomoAdachi » Sun May 06, 2007 1:46 pm

Sailor Moon.
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Sennin » Sun May 06, 2007 8:51 pm

My first manga was the first volume of Inuyasha. Originally, I had planned to review it to see if it was proper reading material for my younger sister; but, it was determined that it wasn't for the time being, and I myself got hooked on the series.
"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
-Theodore Roosevelt

When asked what wine he liked to drink, he replied, “That which belongs to another.â€
Sennin

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 07, 2007 8:55 am

Battle Angel of Alita part 5. Back when Viz was selling its stuff as single-issues.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mechana2015 » Mon May 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Battle Angel Alita Book one, flopped. The first manga I ever bought was Ranma.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby termyt » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 am

Ranma 1/2 ws the first manga I read, unless you count a few issues of Robotech. The very first issue of the comic adaptation was more like Macross than Robotech - even calling Rick Hiro. They simply changed the name of the comic and the character names to match the Robotech TV show with the second issue.

Even Ranma was being published in comic book form back then. I have the first 20 or so trade paperback volumes of the Ranma manga in comic book form.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 am

First manga I ever read would be from one of our very own here on CAA. Gypsys webmanga Skipping Tomorrows. The second, would be Hellsing.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 08, 2007 11:57 am

mechana2015 wrote:Battle Angel Alita Book one, flopped.

Coincidentally, I was trying to decide if I wanted to check out this book from the library not ten minutes ago. Would you recommend it?
uc pseudonym

Postby Taliesin » Tue May 08, 2007 12:07 pm

The first Manga series I read in its entirety was Fruits Basket. The first Manga volume I ever read was some Pokemon Manga.
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue May 08, 2007 6:45 pm

My first manga was a few single-issue DragonBall comics. This was back before I knew what manga was, and it wasn't until a few years later that I read my first actual volume- or volumes, I should say, because it was the 4-piece Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind collection. I found it in the library. To this day it's one of my favorites, though now I have the 7-volume, unflipped version.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue May 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Fruits Basket!
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Kisa » Tue May 15, 2007 5:56 am

Oh my goddess: Childhood's End
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Wave » Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Hum what was the first manga I ever read. I think it was Mars valume 2 or 3 I don't remember witch. I never read another one. That was just after I joned this crazzy sight. ^.^ It was sitting on desplay at our library and I picked it up and tryed to read it back words. Yep thats what started it all.

\/\//\
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Taliesin » Tue May 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Actually now that you mention it, I did read nausicaa before I read furuuba.
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews