Review Requests//Database updates

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:10 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Actually, I'm include to say that we'd accept a review of Hunter x Hunter. It is unlikely there will be content much different from what has already appeared and even if there was, it would take him several months to actually put it out. Given that it's been ages since he's made a new chapter the series doesn't have the difficulties of other running titles.

that is good to know. i hope i'm far enough into the series. though i probably won't get to writing the review for another two months or so. you are right to assume that the content won't change much. most readers already probably already have a taste of what type of content hxh contains.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:52 pm

I'd also like to request to be permitted to write up a review for the FullMetal Alchemist Manga once it's finished and fully released state-side, unless that's already been granted to another member. It was the first series that really pulled me into Anime and Manga, and since the Anime review's already been done, I thought I'd do one for the Manga.

And as for 20th Century Boys, I'm just waiting for the final "21st Century Boys" arc to be completed before I submit anything.
Fish and Chips

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:20 pm

Fish and Chips wrote:I'd also like to request to be permitted to write up a review for the FullMetal Alchemist Manga once it's finished and fully released state-side, unless that's already been granted to another member. It was the first series that really pulled me into Anime and Manga, and since the Anime review's already been done, I thought I'd do one for the Manga.

hmmm...i'm not sure if the manga's gonna finish anytime soon. unless the series in Japan is coming to an end. i haven't been keeping track but i got up to about volume 14...

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:07 pm

The Japanese series is still going strong. I'm not even sure I would try to estimate how many more volumes there will be (though it seems to be past the half-way point). That means we wouldn't accept a review for it unless it was done by a mod who could edit their review as time passed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:59 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:The Japanese series is still going strong. I'm not even sure I would try to estimate how many more volumes there will be (though it seems to be past the half-way point). That means we wouldn't accept a review for it unless it was done by a mod who could edit their review as time passed.

Like I said.
Fish and Chips wrote:once it's finished and fully released state-side

Obviously this is going to be a long-term investment. And yes, I've been keeping up with the Japanese releases, and the series is past it's half-way mark.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:47 pm

My main point was that it's probably a bit too early to be claiming the review, though it doesn't hurt. Also to clear up the matter for anyone who might not be certain of the status of the series (as seen in jon_jinn's post).

But really, there's not much competition over reviews. If you want to do FMA I'm sure it would be fine.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Alright, that's fine. I should be more preoccupied with reviews I can write in the decently near future, anyway.
Fish and Chips

Postby Headkicker9000 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:48 pm

I would like to request a review of the Gunsmith Cats manga.
Headkicker9000

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:57 pm

just submitted review for Hunter x Hunter manga.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Ashley » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:22 pm

The database was updated today for the first time in 6 months. >_<;;;; My deepest apologies everyone, school has just been really, really tough this semester! I promise to get to everyone's eventually!
Ashley

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Just submitted review for Bobobo-Bobobobo the manga version. Hope you like! :) As you probably know the manga version has only one volume out (like Phoenix) to let Viz do a 'test drive' to see if it was good enough for it to be released here. Which is why my review is mostly based on scanlation and the US volume.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:14 pm

I could probably do a Yakitate!!! JAPAN review if I know how long the manga is.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:57 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:I could probably do a Yakitate!!! JAPAN review if I know how long the manga is.

Complete at 26 volumes.

For a series revolving around bread, I'm guessing that's a decent sales count.
Fish and Chips

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:46 pm

yeah. a yakitate! japan review would be nice. i read like the first two volumes but didn't find it all that great. i might pick it up again if it gets better later...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:45 am

Woah! 26 Vols. is a lot. Seriously. I could do a review when it's all translated if I have the money. I think it'd be $260 for the whole manga at 10 bucks a volume. Hopefully I may do a review later on for the manga ~With The Light~. U know, the one about the parents taking care of an autistic kid. I read a chapter and it had to be the most heartwarming story I ever read. It didn't win the Japan Media Arts Prize for nothing you know.
ilikegir33

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:32 am

YOu think that's a lot? Check out Golgo 13. It's been around since the 60's!
Anywho, I'd like to put in a request for Lone Wolf and Cub.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:31 am

rocklobster wrote:YOu think that's a lot? Check out Golgo 13. It's been around since the 60's!
Anywho, I'd like to put in a request for Lone Wolf and Cub.

Golgo 13 is ancient. It's the James Bond of Manga, and in more ways than one.

I have a friend who collects part of that series (Lone Wolf and Cub), but only a snippit, two volumes. And I wouldn't bank on him beefing up his collection anytime soon, as it's a fairly obsucre title these days. At least, I've never seen it on any Manga shelf in any bookstore.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:02 pm

I've always wanted to read Golgo 13, but I never was able to. The political aspect of it was a turn-off for me.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:13 pm

i was going to try out the first volume cause it was part of Viz's signature series (or something like that), but it was sealed so i stayed away from it...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I've always wanted to read Golgo 13, but I never was able to. The political aspect of it was a turn-off for me.

Really? Well, that is a shame. I've always thought I might give it a flip through one day.
Fish and Chips

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:48 pm

Yeah. Too much mature content. But I could do a review of The Drifting Classroom. Maybe. But it's only shrinkwrapped because of horror violence. I mean, it's Umezu. He did Scary Book!
ilikegir33

Postby Kisa » Mon May 14, 2007 12:12 pm

I'm back and would love to do some reviews now that I have time and more manga under my belt!
Could I please do:
-appare jipangu
-boku ga utau to kimi wa waraukara
-candidate for goddess
-lunar 2
-replay
-boys kingdom
-misty boy
(I think some of them I may have asked for last time I was around here...been too long *sighs*)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Generally speaking, we encourage people to simply write reviews instead of claiming them. So feel free to write and submit one for any of those series.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kisa » Tue May 15, 2007 5:46 am

Ah, kk, I just remember having to ask before to make sure someone didn't already start working on it ^^'
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 am

oh my... do we also not have an angelic layer review here yet?!
Kisa

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed May 16, 2007 10:46 am

Nope, not for the manga. Anyone planning on writing it?
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Ashley » Wed May 16, 2007 12:06 pm

Well, I was, but then I ran off and forgot my copies in my dorm room for the summer. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Testing...
uc pseudonym

Postby Kisa » Fri May 18, 2007 7:34 pm

Ooooo shame on you for leaving a manga behind! LOL j/k ^_-
Kisa

Postby Ashley » Sat May 19, 2007 10:08 am

Heh, I literally have so much manga (about $700 worth) that I don't have space for it back home. It takes up a good 2/3rds of my bookshelf at school.
Ashley

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews