my friend needs suggestions

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

my friend needs suggestions

Postby rurouninaruto » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:20 am

One of my friends needs some manga suggestions, but he can't find anything he is interested in. He finished up Rurouni Kenshin, and loved it. He really liked the mixture of action and romance in the series, and he also likes the time period the story takes place in. All the manga he has gotten his mom to look through has been disapproved, becasuehis mom doesn't allow him to have any manga with nudity, or just partial nudity, or strong language.

Also he wants a manga series with a good mixture of both girl and boy characters, because his other friends think it is hentai if there are alot of girls.

Any suggestions would be a great help to him. :thumb:

Thanks! :sweat:
rurouninaruto

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:26 am

I would recommend Case Closed and .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, both of which are clean and highly entertaining. And if he loved Rurouni Kenshin, he will most definately enjoy One Piece and probably Naruto.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:02 am

rurouninaruto wrote:Also he wants a manga series with a good mixture of both girl and boy characters, because his other friends think it is hentai if there are alot of girls.

Wow, looks like people think that harem series automatically means an H series. In most cases of those, none of that bad stuff happens! Taking an anime example, AIR features like, 1 main guy character and it was fine... Besides, I don't even think too many hentais are even published at all, cept Tokyopop's yaoi series', but that's different and sure doesn't include "lots of girls" :/

But anyways...

Maybe Tsubasa? Although as far as main characters are concerned, Sakura's the only girl, but other girl characters make it into the story. Very clean and no nudity stuffage in it either, and it's a mix of action and romance.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby KBMaster » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Your friend might like Yotsuba. It's a very funny manga.

You could also refer you friend to this site and have him look through the reviews.
KBMaster

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:38 pm

I second One Piece and Tsubasa! Definitely good ones... He might like Fullmetal Alchemist. I can't recall any nudity, but I haven't read through it in awhile so I might be wrong. There's some cussing in it (d*** and stuff like that).
Kawaiikneko

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:57 pm

I prefer Flame of Recca.

It's very similar to Rurouni Kenshin in terms of romance, humor, and action.

So out of the recommendations, I find FoR closest to R.Kenshin.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I prefer Flame of Recca.

It's very similar to Rurouni Kenshin in terms of romance, humor, and action.

So out of the recommendations, I find FoR closest to R.Kenshin.

actually, i'm gonna have to disapprove of Flame of Recca as it has nudity and swearing. though the swearing isn't extremely harsh, it's definitely worst than just your occasional d*mn. i would recommend:
Whistle (Perfectly clean and appropriate)
Hunter x Hunter (quite violent, but other than that, it's pretty clean. mild profanity)
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby MasterDias » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't recommend Flame of Recca to him. I really don't think that would go over very well with his parents.

But I pretty much suggest what others have stated already:
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
I guess I'll throw in Shaman King and Yu Yu Hakusho as well.

Also, if he likes Kenshin, he could try Busou Renkin as it's by the same mangaka. Shouldn't set his standards too high on it however, as it's far more generic than Kenshin was.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:18 pm

yes. one piece would be a good manga to recommend to your friend. (even though i'm not that big of a fan, it's certainly an excellent manga.)

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby rurouninaruto » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:23 am

My friend likes the Naruto tv show, but is uninterested in the manga. And, for some reason, my friend HATES One Piece.

Also, language and violence is ok. His parents just don't want any F-word or S-word.
rurouninaruto

Postby Mega.EXE » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 am

On that note maybe Prince of Tennis and I also reccomend Mega Man Nt Warrior
Mega.EXE

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:04 pm

rurouninaruto wrote:My friend likes the Naruto tv show, but is uninterested in the manga. And, for some reason, my friend HATES One Piece.

Perhaps he saw only the severely butchered American TV version?
Azier the Swordsman

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:Perhaps he saw only the severely butchered American TV version?

that MUST have been the reason.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:34 am

Friend still needs suggestions!:sweat:
rurouninaruto

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Try Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Black Cat.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:49 pm

He is considering Black Cat.
rurouninaruto

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:54 pm

Black Cat's good. there's ONE scene of nudity (see my review) but it's not worth putting down the series for...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby rurouninaruto » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:11 am

My friend wanted me to add that he likes a good bit of drama in his manga as well.
rurouninaruto

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:17 am

I would suggest Hikaru no Go.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby hitokori » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:53 pm

hi ,this is hitokori. i am the subject of this thread.thank you for your suggestions but there not what I am looking for.I need somthing that is mainly romance but still has some action.It cant have any nudity can or gore because of my parents.if thier is nudity nothing can be shown.
I need your help!!!!
hitokori

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:53 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:19 am

I'd suggest Bleach, Tsubasa, Cardcaptor Sakura, Black Cat, and Flame of Recca sounds pretty interesting too.
rurouninaruto

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:20 am

Also, check out the InuYasha animanga. That is just the TV show, only in manga form. The manga has a pretty good bit of nudity.
rurouninaruto

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:08 am

Another series I'd suggest is Alice 19th. I don't think it has nudity, but I'm not sure.
rurouninaruto

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 am

dude, just edit your first post so you won't have to post three times in a row...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:08 pm

rurouninaruto wrote:Another series I'd suggest is Alice 19th. I don't think it has nudity, but I'm not sure.

Haha, nooo, Alice 19th has nudity. I borrowed the series from my friend, and it's got quite a bit of nudity in it. Thankfully, my friend had already gone through with a marker and drawn bathtowels on all of the female characters involved, so my eyes were saved. XD Additionally, though, there's an attempted rape scene that has some partial nudity, so yeah. Definitely not 100% clean, there. XD]Use the Manga Recommendations Thread![/url]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby hitokori » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:02 pm

thank you for the suggestions but most of the suggestions that I am getting I have already looked into.I am dont mean to be picky but I am looking for a good manga I will love till the end.
I have been looking for a new manga for months.I REALY need to find a new manga.
I would like a manga that has alot of romance and a good bit of action.
it cant have anything beyond nudity and nothing extremily violent.
the violence cant be to much worse then rurouni kenshin.
:?: I NEED YOUR HELP!!! :?:
THANKS
hitokori

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews