Fruits Basket 16 *SPOILERS*

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Fruits Basket 16 *SPOILERS*

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:31 pm

So, Furuba 16 came out recently. Thoughts?

*SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT. I PUT IT IN THE TITLE AND THE ENTIRE THREAD IS TO DISCUSS VOLUME 16 AND THE BOOKS UP UNTIL THIS POINT. DO NO READ ANY FARTHER IF YOUR DON'T WANT SPOILERS BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE PUTTING THEM IN SPOILER BRACKETS*

*ahem*...
Kyoko and Katsuya were so cute together! And it's interesting to see that Tohru's father started out as someone who was so much unlike her. I thought the transition to Kyo being like "Oh yeah, I knew her mom..." was a little blunt. That might be because I haven't read the series for awhile, because I remember they were leading up to it. The transition felt a little forced to me, is all.

As a whole the manga seems to be waxing philosophical more often. I'm not sure how I feel about that and it can get a little confusing at times (which is weird for me b/c normally things like that don't confuse me). I really like how Yuki is changing.. he's finally starting to show it.

Overall it was nice to read Furuba again. I had kinda forgotten everything so it was a little hard to get into it again. My biggest question is why are they still spacing them out so far (next vol. AUGUST 07?!) if the series is wrapping up in japan? I'm getting seriously tempted to read online and buy when it comes out.
Kawaiikneko

Postby KBMaster » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:07 pm

I already read online(except for the elusive chapter 127....), and I thought this part of the series was pretty good. I've loved seeing Kyo's and Yuki's gradual changes. I thought it was kind of weird that Kyo knew Tohru's mom but I thought it was a good advancement to the plot.
KBMaster

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:53 pm

I love the story of Katsuya and Kyoko. It makes me cry! He's such a good Daddy, too. Why couldn't he have lived? Oh well.

Anyway, do I really have to wait that long?
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:20 pm

I loved this one. I felt it was better than the last, and had a large amount of psychological background. I also enjoyed the love story, including the fact that Kyoko didn't change overnight into the person Tohru remembered her as. I also liked seeing the continuing change in Yuki.

Ayame cracked me up... I had to read the "golden" bit three times before I understood it. It was also funny to see Hatori get back under Shigure's skin.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Souba » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:36 pm

It's out already?!? I entered a fan art of Yuki and Kyo I wonder if it made the manga, guess I'll have to go pick up a copy and find out.
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Kenshin17 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:44 pm

I feel odd....the only guy to respond to this, but anyway here it goes.

I liked it. From page one to whatever it ended on. Its a good story, awesome (clean) art and excellent characters. Tohru never ceases to provide laughs (Where she runs at Rin)

I liked the love story (Romantic at heart) and I love Katsuya's pet name for Kyoko, "Miss No-Eyebrows" funny. I also thought it was funny how he always said thank you when she insulted him.

The story with Machi and Yuki is pretty funny to, "The short version doesn't tell me jack..."
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Ashley » Tue May 01, 2007 9:21 am

Is it just me, or did the Kyoko x Katsuya story feel very Full Moon-y?
Ashley

Postby Kenshin17 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Who cares :sweat: It was so sweet :grin:
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby tokiklok » Thu May 24, 2007 7:20 pm

where can i find fruits basket manga and read them online with out downlaoding them?
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby Ashley » Fri May 25, 2007 3:57 pm

I don't think you can. Fruits Basket is a major bread-winner for Tokyopop; they're not going to doll it out online for free.
Ashley

Postby shojoiscool2 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:13 am

I loved this one!! I really liked the story and backstory of Tohru's family background. It was so sweet. I've been getting kind of weary of FB because it has been so drawn out, but now I can't wait until the next one comes out. In August though so it'll be awhile.
shojoiscool2

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews