Video Game Review Requests

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby MidnightWalker » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:14 pm

Ill review Red Alert Yuri's Revenge and Comand and Conuqer Generals
Fears those long pointy, sharp things women call heals >.<
MidnightWalker

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm

MidnightWalker wrote:Ill review Red Alert Yuri's Revenge and

Gah, should've jumped on that. Nah, well, I might review something else next.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Yeshua-Knight wrote:question: how do we start a thread with a link to the review since non-mods/non-admins can't start thread in the game review section?

Part of the approval process involves creating that thread. Since the review must be tied to a specific thread, we make sure all the links work.
Mithrandir

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:32 pm

...Oh. I didn't think to make a Red Alert 2 thread before I submitted the review, so I left that field blank. Is that going to be problematic?
Fish and Chips

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:04 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Part of the approval process involves creating that thread. Since the review must be tied to a specific thread, we make sure all the links work.

ok, just wondering about that 'cus i did have a review approved, or at least it shows up in the review listing, i never got a message official telling me that it was approved, but i know that it was 'cus it was put up in the review listing, but there's no thread for it
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:41 pm

To clarify on the threads thing: when you submit a review, it will not have a thread. But when we approve that review, whoever does the action will create the thread and links appropriately.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Could someone review Tekken 5?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Yeshua-Knight wrote:ok, just wondering about that 'cus i did have a review approved, or at least it shows up in the review listing, i never got a message official telling me that it was approved, but i know that it was 'cus it was put up in the review listing, but there's no thread for it

The Larry boy game? I think it's got one now.
Mithrandir

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 pm

yes, i made that post before the thread was created
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:01 am

I would like to do a review on Grandia II.

I'm writing it now, but I'm not done.
Tommy

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:16 pm

One of these days people will read the entire thread. I'm sure the world will come to an end.
Mithrandir

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:50 pm

yeah, funny thing about how people just assume a thread is for a specific thing when in reality its for something totally different
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:54 pm

OK, now *that* was funny. :lol: Anyway, back on topic...

Anyone else have a game they would like reviewed?
Mithrandir

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:02 pm

oh yeah. could someone do a review on Xenogears and Bully? thanks.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:26 am

I'd like to see a review for Soul Calibur 3.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Nintendo Wii...please? Anyone?
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:28 pm

AsianBlossom wrote:Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Nintendo Wii...please? Anyone?

A friend of mine is planning on snatching up a copy for his Wii. Perhaps I can mooch off his system and write up a summary afterwards.
Fish and Chips

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Okay; thanks! :D

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:55 am

I'll do most of the Warioware games except for Smooth Moves. But I'll get a Wii in about a month so that will be good then! ;)
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Trauma Center is also a review I'm putting up. The DS Version.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Requesting for Mario Sunshine... wanting to know an opinion on a thorough review on that.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Aleolus » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:49 pm

Just a quick question. I submitted a review for a video game, and I'm waiting for it to get posted. About how long does that take, and is there anything else I need to do first?
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Aleolus wrote:Just a quick question. I submitted a review for a video game, and I'm waiting for it to get posted. About how long does that take, and is there anything else I need to do first?

Until another staff member who's also played the game reads over it and puts it up, or otherwise some serious digging needs to be done into the game in question.

So really, it varies.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:14 pm

That's precisely the case. I wouldn't need to post except that after looking at your review it seems fine (though a slightly longer main review wouldn't hurt). Whenever we have someone that can approve it, yours should go up quickly.
uc pseudonym

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:23 am

Hmm...haven't quite finished Super Mario Sunshine (and we've had it for a couple of years now, lol), but I can do a review once my bro and I finish it.

AsianBlossom

Postby Aleolus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:43 am

uc pseudonym wrote:That's precisely the case. I wouldn't need to post except that after looking at your review it seems fine (though a slightly longer main review wouldn't hurt). Whenever we have someone that can approve it, yours should go up quickly.

I would have done a longer main review, but I didn't want to risk any spoilers.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby Tarnish » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:55 pm

If at all possible, I would like a review of "The Residents: Bad Day on the Midway" and "System Shock".
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:13 pm

I'll do reviews of Trauma Center Under The Knife and Soul Calibur II (The Nintendo Gamecube version).
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Just a reminder: this thread is for requesting that games be reviewed, not requesting to review a given game. If you have a game you'd like to do, write the review at your leisure and send it. The chances of two people sending the same one are rather low, and there's no point in claiming a game.
uc pseudonym

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:03 pm

One quick question: So does a staff member have to have played the game before the review can be approved? What if there's a game that none of the staff members have played?
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews