Vampire Knight

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Vampire Knight

Postby Pix4204 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:36 pm

has anyone ever heard of the manga "Vampire Knight"?? It's currently mainly in the mag. Shojo Beat but they have made one book.......
" I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength."
-Psalms 18:1

"The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even for evermore." -Psalms 121:7-8

"We are the Knights who say NI!!!!" :rock:
-Monty Python: Search for The Holy Grail
Pix4204

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:15 pm

umm...i don't think this is the appropriate place to start a thread for this manga...try the manga mania section.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby JesusFreak84 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:01 pm

Probably not until more chapters have been released in the magazine. They've released maybe a book's worth and a half so far.
Papist Pest :angel:

http://jesusfreak84.livejournal.com
http://www.adorem.us/forum
http://www.omegarock.com
Warning: I'm prone to the following--
:rant::comp::bang::poke::forehead:
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?" (Plagiarized from Mithradir.)
JesusFreak84

Postby PigtailsJazz » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:27 pm

I've only read what's in the magazine...but I love it ^^
PigtailsJazz

Postby mai » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:36 am

I just go the book and really liked it ^-^
I don't particularly like zero's adopted father, one of the "jokes" at the end of the volume was very inappropriate.
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

I read this waaay back as scanlations before it was licensed and I am totally obsessed with it, so I was really happy when they licesed it. Does anyone else totally love the artwork for this series? I love how it's detailed and yet not over the top. The characters all seem to have very different personalities and agendas rather then be flat cardboard characters.

Lol, I guess I just love it. XD

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby shojoiscool2 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07 pm

I read one chapter in shojo beat, it looks really good, but I'm not sure of the content yet.
shojoiscool2

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:42 pm

I had severe reservations when I started this title, vampires being a major red flag under most circumstances, but it's starting to develop some plot and character depth. Whether this will continue remains to be seen. Right now, it has promise.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby soul alive » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:55 am

I loved MeruPuri, which is also by this manga-ka, and was immediately intrigued when I saw this in the store. I found some badly edited scanlations on the net, and think I'll pick this series up. I know that it's still being released in Japan, but is this going to be a specific length, a la MeruPuri, or is it going to continue for a while?
I love the art style of this series, and the 3 or so volumes of scanlations that I read had no issues that I have real problems with.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Kisa » Wed May 16, 2007 9:42 am

Read it in scanlations and havbe the first vol in print so far. I like the story and the characters. I think it will turn out good. I loved Merupuri as well and love the art ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed May 16, 2007 7:30 pm

I've read scanlations but it didn't interest me enough to buy the volumes or continue finding the scans. Pretty art though... interesting characters while I was reading it, just didn't have a huge draw to me.

I like Kaname better than Zero, even if he has ulterior motives. =]
Kawaiikneko

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu May 17, 2007 7:57 am

Humm well talking in this thread is total grave digging but I just wanted to warn everyone that this title is much darker then the other titles by this artist.

Case in point: in one of the much later chapters a charter dies by the following metod: a character sticks their hand through the body of the victim and then squeezes the victims heart apart *gags just remembering* It's not as graphic as it could be but this sure ain't a "cute and sweet" story just remember that.

P.S. I love Kaname better too, mostly because I think he's cooler (and cuter). XD

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

MyrrhLynn

Postby Momo-P » Thu May 17, 2007 8:07 am

MyrrhLynn wrote:Humm well talking in this thread is total grave digging but I just wanted to warn everyone that this title is much darker then the other titles by this artist.

Case in point: in one of the much later chapters a charter dies by the following metod: a character sticks their hand through the body of the victim and then squeezes the victims heart apart *gags just remembering* It's not as graphic as it could be but this sure ain't a "cute and sweet" story just remember that.

P.S. I love Kaname better too, mostly because I think he's cooler (and cuter). XD

Despite that scene though, I take it the whole plot revolves around the obvious "good vs evil", ne? Cuz I'm interested in this, but if the good is obviously the side being rooted for (which it usually is, but some stories get weird), then I can take the darker and more violent portions. XD
Momo-P

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri May 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Ummm I'd say there isn't really a "good" versus "evil" side yet. -_- The vampires are usually seen as "bad" but we've already seen several cases where the Vampire hunter or people ing general are just as evil (if not worse).

I think there are going to be lots of plot twists coming up and some of the characters are going to turn out to be evil (or good) when you actually thought they were the opposite. I think that is part of the reason the series is so popular with fans, you really don't know yet which is the "good" side and which isn't.

MyrrhLynn

Postby Kisa » Fri May 18, 2007 7:37 pm

I can't wait to read it all! How many volumes will there be total?
Also I like Kaname better as well b/c he's cute too, lol ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 am

Gosh I'm such a gravedigger. T_T But I did this for a couple reasons:

# of volumes is still undecided, as of now it is being released in Japan still with no real end in sight

As far as I have read (chapters as well as on forums) there still doesn't seem to be a "good" side and an "evil" side yet. Is Kaname really kind to Yuki or is he planning to use her somehow? What's going to happen to Zero and how far will he go to protect Yuki? These types of questions are still unanswered. It's starting to look like Kaname is more evil then he shows but whether or not Zero is going to oppose him and therfore make the traditional dark vs. light battle is still unknown.

And because I'm not sure where else to put this (shamless plug XD ):

MyrrhLynn

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:23 pm

Grave dig. *hides her shovel*

Anyone know if this title is still being produced? I tried to look for how far the manga has progressed in Japan and I couldn't find new information.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Kairi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:01 pm

Whoa, I was just thinking about making a thread related to this series. xD; Nice timing!

According to Wikipedia, it's still ongoing. I've been buying the English volumes since Viz picked it up, but my friend has apparently read up to chapter 32 online, and doesn't think the storyline will be winding down anytime soon... I can't back that claim up since I haven't read that much of it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, considering the series is popular!

I'm still torn between Zero and Kaname. Why must all of the guys in this series be super-hot? xD It's too difficult to choose a favorite!
Kairi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:01 am

XDD wow... I really really love this series too :3 I guess Zero doesn't get as much love as KANAME.

I like Zero as well, and I am also Torn.

Kaname seems to have a different agenda then what we see. I wonder...does he really love Yuki? Or is all a farce? hmmm
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:49 am

Ok, this isn't one of my fav. manga series because of the vampire theme. I do acknowledge that the art is quite pretty and the plot is not bad (ok, I'm mostly reading it for the art). MyrrhLynn, you already know what I really think about this series. I still think that a certain scene smells like yaoi bait and don't buy the author's reasoning as to why Zero had to do that to Kaname. LOL

Between Zero and Kaname, I generally prefer Zero and wish Yuki would go for him despite his angst and brashness. However, Zero seems to be spiralling downwards into some type of madness so I dread the future chapters. As for Kaname, I really can't see him as this gentleman/hero/good character as Yuki views him and am going to be suspicious of him until more light is shed on him.

In general, this series left me feeling a bit depressed (the life of a vampire is generally tragic and dark, anyway) but hey, that's just me. I'm not stopping anyone from enjoying this series. ^^
Mave

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:43 am

Mave wrote:Ok, this isn't one of my fav. manga series because of the vampire theme. I do acknowledge that the art is quite pretty and the plot is not bad (ok, I'm mostly reading it for the art). MyrrhLynn, you already know what I really think about this series. I still think that a certain scene smells like yaoi bait and don't buy the author's reasoning as to why Zero had to do that to Kaname. LOL

Between Zero and Kaname, I generally prefer Zero and wish Yuki would go for him despite his angst and brashness. However, Zero seems to be spiralling downwards into some type of madness so I dread the future chapters. As for Kaname, I really can't see him as this gentleman/hero/good character as Yuki views him and am going to be suspicious of him until more light is shed on him.

In general, this series left me feeling a bit depressed (the life of a vampire is generally tragic and dark, anyway) but hey, that's just me. I'm not stopping anyone from enjoying this series. ^^

Ugh...yaaah...that scene...made me cringe too. :/ It was..yeahhh... okay (wantstoeraseitfrommymemory!) >.<

But I hope that the rest of the series wont be that wierd...O_o I want it to redeem itself.

Do you think that Kaname just did that to make Yuki happy though? I mean, it's what she wanted.......

UGH *still wierded out* >.<'
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kairi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Oh, which scene are you guys talking about? I haven't read that much of the manga yet, but... ehh, if there's anything TOO bad in it, then I dunno if I want to keep going. T__T; I don't mind if there are spoilers, if someone could please just tell me what happens.
Kairi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:08 pm

Kairi wrote:Oh, which scene are you guys talking about? I haven't read that much of the manga yet, but... ehh, if there's anything TOO bad in it, then I dunno if I want to keep going. T__T; I don't mind if there are spoilers, if someone could please just tell me what happens.

Err...it's quite far into the series...many of us read scanlations and then buy the English mangas when they come out.

buuut...if you really want to know... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

[spoiler] To slow down the process that Zero is going through. (becoming a 'Level E' vampire, he has to drink the blood of a pure blood... Yuki wants him to ask Kaname.

eventually, Kaname lets him drink his blood..... (not even gonna comment further on that)

Hopefully, it's an innocent thing that Kaname did to please Yuki... I am sure that's what it was...and it isn't anything shonen ai like...but who knows. [/spoiler]
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby minakichan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Oooh, Vampire Knight. I HATE HATE HATE vampire stories (they are ALL THE SAME), and MeruPuri freaked the pants off of me (PEDO SHOUTA EWWWWWWWWWWW) but I am intrigued by Vampire Knight. It must be my masochism.

Or the really, really pretty art. <3
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:19 pm

LOL I think it's the art.

Wasn't into MeruPuri for the same reason too although I wouldn't express it the way you did. Hehe.

As for that scene, I only say that it could be yaoi bait because (somewhere in Chapter 25 I think)
[spoiler] the scene of Zero sucking blood out of Kaname's neck probably is fantastic for yaoi fangirls. YAHOOOO!!!

Despairing for those who aren't. OH NOOOOOOO!!! *tears hair*

Heh. At least, that's my opinion as a former yaoi fangirl. [/spoiler]It's not official between the two but there are the ingredients to satisfy the yaoi fandom --> Angst + intense rivalry. Trust me. There are already fan materials online on this guyxguy pairing.
Mave

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Why is it that two guys beating life out of each other signifies romantic interest between them anyway? Oh, I hope it doesn't go in that direction.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Mave wrote:LOL I think it's the art.

Wasn't into MeruPuri for the same reason too although I wouldn't express it the way you did. Hehe.

As for that scene, I only say that it could be yaoi bait because

<INSERT MAVES SPOILER HEREEEE!!>
It's not official between the two but there are the ingredients for it. Angst + intense rivalry. Trust me. There are already fan materials online on this guyxguy pairing.

^^; I enjoyed Merupuri...there was that whole little kid...thing that I didn't like... and a few scenes that I could have done without.. but it ended well.

ANYWAYS...

I read on...into the series...a few more chapters...and I don't really see that it affected the series too much yet... Although Kaname...still confuses me...

but the art is pretty! ^^;

There are definately better series out there that one could pick up.

But I will continue to give this one a chance... if it gets worse than Chapter 30 (the dreaded Yaoi Bait scene takes place at the end of this) Then I am definately not going further.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby minakichan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:Why is it that two guys beating life out of each other signifies romantic interest between them anyway? Oh, I hope it doesn't go in that direction.

Because sense is a foreign language to yaoi fangirls?

Well, it NEVER goes in the direction that the fangirls want. Anyway, Lala isn't really a BL mag at all, so there's no way.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:30 pm

GAAAH I'm confused!!! >_<
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Mave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:14 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:Mave you might want to put the spoiler box on your post ^^;

ARGHHH I DID place a spoiler box on it except that I completely forgot that there's a bug. It looks just fine when I'm logged in but it's no good when I've logged out.

Spoiler box works if [ spoiler ] ==> [spoiler] NYAH NYAH [/spoiler]
Spoiler box don't work as well if [ spoiler=about Chapter 28 ] ==> [spoiler=about Chapter 28] NYAH NYAH [/spoiler]

Log in and log out to see the difference. See this thread ==>http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1177988#post1177988

Eh, Kit-chan, you've double posted and both posts now carry my failed spoiler boxes for the whole world to see. :sweat::sweat: Pls edit it as soon as possible.

[SIZE="3"]A HUGE APOLOGY TO everyone in advance - SO SORRY![/SIZE]
Mave

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews