Work Bench Epic

Projects or project ideas in the works

Postby Esoteric » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 pm

Hmm... not so much with the business names, but I think I've seen one or two logos with blue lettering. But those were more for minor businesses/firms/groups/associations/thingies. ^_^"

Actually, I was thinking of the business names themselves. BlueCross, Blue Shield, Bluehost, Bluewire, BlueRocket, even technology like Bluetooth and Blu-ray. It seems like blue is a very popular 'color' in medical and tech fields, but perhaps that's a U.S. thing.
I liked the site! It really is very cool! (Whimsical I believe would be a good word!) I LOVED the pictures! The poem was really cute too! Very neato! You're very talented!

Ever think about taking on an afiliate?

Thank you Destiny, I'm glad you liked the site. ^_^ Afiliate? Honestly, I haven't really considered it at this point. I've been too busy just getting my site up and running. Perhaps someday I might though, if it were the right sort of afiliate.
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:56 pm

Maybe; but I haven't taken enough notice of that over here in NZ to know whether the 'blue' in business name prevails here too. ^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:26 pm

dude. your site is seriously really tight. the pictures are VERY good. and your story, awesome. nice job man.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Esoteric » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:31 pm

A small update has been made. ^_^

I have another question for you folks though. I know of several sites which add little graphics that say things like *NEW!* or *Just Added!* next to their most recent links. I've always thought they were kinda cheezy, but I suppose as a site grows it does make it easier for visitors to find new content. What are your thoughts on this?
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:09 pm

Well... I think it would be good but as long as you did it right. And didn't make it cheesy. ~_^ Instead, perhaps at your homepage you could make a section tited 'recent updates' or something where you could link to your most recent works.
...Unless you've done that already. Hmm... I'll have to check! *Goes off to check, providing her internet connection doesn't cut out. ;) *

<EDIT>Actually, your 'updates' box should serve just as well. Though perhaps you could provide more links to individual pictures you update... though that could be a pain if you add twenty pictures in one go to your site. ^_^"
On a side note, the gallery for your archer doesn't seem to appear or be linked to under your 'gallery' page. Is that just my browser? I tried to refresh, but didn't see any difference.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Photosoph wrote:Actually, your 'updates' box should serve just as well. Though perhaps you could provide more links to individual pictures you update.

Do you mean...like a list instead of thumbnails? Or are you speaking simply of on the mainpage?
On a side note, the gallery for your archer doesn't seem to appear or be linked to under your 'gallery' page. Is that just my browser? I tried to refresh, but didn't see any difference.

BLAST! -I always forget something.... Problem fixed, thanks for letting me know. ^_^
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:14 pm

Oh, I'm just speaking about the main page. Maybe listing the updates on a new line below their introductions/information/explanations would make things clearer. :)

Glad I could help clear up the gallery thing. :jump: I love to be of service! ^^

Oh, and as I should have said earlier:
love your new pictures for your archer! With the colouring there's a similarity with the Willem pictures, in the way you've got the colour looking really suitable and I like the warmth of the colours in the first picture. Actually, no wait: it was the second picture. But the first picture of the two that have full scenes.
In the second full-scene picture, it almost looks like a photo with some paint daubs + (another filter effect I forget the name of) done to them. And don't worry, I don't mean this in a 'looks like a newbie trying out different filters' kind of way. ;) It looks really good, I'm just wondering if I'm recognising those filters, and telling you that it looks really realistic with the colours etc; almost like it was a photo to begin with. That or a really detailed, cool ink/watercolour/oil/acrylic painting. Either way, it's a really great effect. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:45 am

In the second full-scene picture, it almost looks like a photo with some paint daubs + (another filter effect I forget the name of) done to them.

Then you've got a good eye! It was indeed a photo I took of a small creekbed which I thought would make an excellent background. And yeah, I did lots of filter stuff to it to make it blend with the added subject matter.
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:33 pm

I wondered if the people were added, simply because unless you got a photo from a friend, it's unlikely you'd get people and horses to pose like that in such a really cool setting, with everything practically perfect in your average snapshot.
I think you blended the subject matter and background together really, really well. Seamless, if I remember correctly. It was yesterday that I looked at it. ^^

Wohoo! Eagle-eye Psoph! :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Update time! The first half of my next story is up. It's not as pollished as I would have liked but, I suppose that just means there's room for improvement. ;)
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Excellent! I'll have to check that out. ^_^ Thanks for letting me know.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:12 pm

It's sooner than usual, but I've just updated my site. The latest story is now complete. I'm going to be pretty busy for a little while here in March, but I'll try not to fall too far behind with updates. We'll see...

http://www.wbepic.com
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:31 pm

Waaah! I loved the picture with all the goats. It's so cool. ^_^

I'm glad you've written more, too; and you've definitely added a lot more new pages for the boat story. Definitely have to finish reading it.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:18 am

Cue the drum roll! All right, for the one or two of you out there who happened to notice, the site has been down for a few weeks. http://www.workbenchepic.com is now up and running again, with a few changes I might add... Let me know if you spot any typos or glitches.
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:32 pm

I like the [new] layout - works quite well, very nice.

The boat story is very cute, I'll look forward to seeing the rest of the illustrations for it. ^_^

I adore goats - my family had a couple last summer, and they're such a kick in the pants. We bought them so my sister could practice goat tying for rodeo on them, and then she never practiced, so they became big pets, she named them Poncho and Lefty. :D
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Photosoph » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Aw, so cute -your story about the goats. =^_^= My auntry keeps goats -they're really cute: they have big, floppy ears... though the males have always freaked me out. Especially since for a while they had a big ol' billy who was meeeaaaan. >.<

Yay! I noticed that it was down -now that it's up, I'll finally be able to finish reading the rest of your story. ^_^ Sorry that I haven't done so already. ^^"
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:17 pm

Hehe, wow I didn't know goats were so popular! By the time I finished writing the story, I didn't feel that it turned out very well, but I'm glad you guys think it's good. ^_^

Yeah, sorry about the site being down for...what was it, three weeks? Anyway, I just decided to redo everything...and yeah, it reminded me of just how much trouble building a website can be sometimes. Needless to say, I won't be doing it again for a long while, although I can now swap out the main page image easily if I so desire.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate it.
Esoteric

Postby Esoteric » Mon May 14, 2007 10:41 am

Minor updates made.

Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue May 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Excellent. ^_^ I'll have to go and check out what you've done! \^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:58 pm

Before I forget again... *ahem*

Updates have been made!
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:59 am

Oooohh! I'm loving the new pictures and the story (intriguing - I want to know the details)! The goat is cute, despite what you told me earlier. Great job, Eso-chan! XDDD
Mave

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:23 pm

Ooooh it looks awesome! !^_^ I really enjoy your artwork, Eso-chan! It really is great!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Esoteric » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Update time again! (but just a small one)

Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:56 pm

Updates? Neat. ^^ Time to go have a look!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Wave » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:13 am

Cool I like you sight. I'll have to check it out more some time. ( I don't have time now.)

Like your art to.

wave.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Esoteric » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:57 am

Thanks, Wave!

Small update added (one image and another tutorial).
Esoteric

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Hehe, I saw the updates! I really like the pics with the boat on the river and the water-fight in "Miscellaneous". The water-fight one is my favorite ^^. The colors that you use in your art are great.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:41 am

Loving your stuff! Keep up the great work! *0*)//
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Ooo... update-y-ness. ^^ Always good. I'll go check it out -I love looking at the art on your site. ^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:20 pm

Hey all, it's update time and there are a few new images to see! However, with apologies to the handful of loyally-visiting fans, I must also announce a short hiatus. There will be no more updates until February. In the meantime have a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!
Esoteric

Previous Next

Return to New Projects and Ideas