Work Bench Epic

Projects or project ideas in the works

Work Bench Epic

Postby Esoteric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:10 pm

For any of you who've noticed my lack of participation in the recent coloring contests, here's the reason! I've been trying to get my little website going for a while now, and it's finally up. It's small, it's simple, but hopefully that will change with time. The site contains some of my artwork and one story I wrote, soon to be joined by more.

http://www.workbenchepic.com

Any feeback from you guys would be great, thanks!
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Love the site! Especially the Willem story/poem. :grin: You know, you could easily turn that into a Children's illustrated book: the pictures and story are so cool.

Although if possible, some sort of guest book would be nice. It's just my opinion that it's easier and quicker (and therefore more people would do it) to type a quick message into a guestbook to give feedback than to send an email. But then again, emails are more private, and if someone ends up flaming for whatever reason, their message doesn't appear on the site. ^_^"

Anyway, I think you've made a really wonderful site. And back to the Willem pics, I love the colour schemes and shading... very cool, bright style. ^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Yeah, I realize it's a pretty static site...eventually I hope to be able to add some interactive elements (like a guestbook). But right now my knowledge of website building is pretty basic, therefore my site is too. Thanks for the feedback, Photosoph! Glad you liked the poem. ^_^
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:36 pm

Hwahahaha Esoteric's website is in da house!

You already know what my feedback is so I'll just say, "You go! Keep up the great job!"
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm

No problem. If you didn't guess from my previous post, I really like the site. And again, I reckon your Willem story/poem is really cool. You could even turn it into a series or something. ^^ I'd love that.
Yeah... my website knowledge is pretty basic too. I keep having to relearn html from htmlgoodies.com each time I want to make something. :sweat: A guestbook would be cool. Feel free to tell me when you update, if you remember/have time. No probs if you don't; gah, there are so many people busy with studies and stuff, so it's fine. ^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:20 pm

[quote="Photosoph"]No problem. If you didn't guess from my previous post, I really like the site. And again, I reckon your Willem story/poem is really cool. You could even turn it into a series or something. ^^ I'd love that.
Yeah... my website knowledge is pretty basic too. I keep having to relearn html from htmlgoodies.com each time I want to make something. :sweat: A guestbook would be cool. Feel free to tell me when you update, if you remember/have time. No probs if you don't]

It's nice to have a fan. :lol: Seriously, thanks for the support. I'm pretty serious about maintaining this site, even with my busy schedule. My goal is to add something at least once a month, so i'll be sure to let you know. ;)
And I'll add a guestbook...eventually. :grin:
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:37 am

Sweet. I'd love to be updated. ^^
Yay! Your website's first fan! :jump:

<Edit>Or rather... it's the site that'll be updated. :sweat: So make that: 'I'd love to be notified of updates. ^^ ' :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:59 pm

A few minor updates have been made...including a guestbook. ;)
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:41 pm

Yes! A guestbook! :jump: I've already signed it; and I love the two new pictures. Again, I have to say I love the drawing style you've done the Willem illustrations in; not to mention that I'm truly impressed by the colouring job you've done on them. I might end up trying to copy the colouring job you've done and impliment it into my own style, if that's all right with you. ^_^ I just really like the way you've done it and the feeling it gives to the picture.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:44 pm

[quote="Photosoph"]Yes! A guestbook! :jump: I've already signed it]

Thanks for signing my guestbook! Glad you like style so much and sure, you can impliment it yourself. The key to it is using vivid colors+gradients on each element. As far as coloring methods go, it's a pretty fast one to boot!
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:15 pm

Thanks for the tips. ^_^ And you're welcome; I'm glad there's a guestbook to sign. ^_^ Please tell me if my comment went through, too; I'm not totally sure if it did or not. o_O I know that you said it's monitored, so it won't appear automatically, but I'm just not sure if I sent it through or stuffed it up in the sending process.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:48 pm

Yup, it's there! ^_^ You can see your entry now if you like, but I'm sure you already know what it says. ;)
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:56 pm

Lol; yeah, I already know. Unless... <.< >.> ...you changed the words on me! Better go check, just in case.... *shoots a suspicious look towards Eso and shuffles off* :lol:

I'm glad it sent all right. ^_^ Thanks for letting me know! ^^

<Edit>Ooo, two things to note! :)
One: I really love the paper-texture you've got for the guestbook entries. I didn't really notice it on your first one, since it was small so didn't have much room to really show off the background. ^^ Looks nice!

Two: Gah! I made a grammatical error! ^_^" :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:38 am

I can't take credit for the paper background...it was already part of the Viper guestbook script I used. All I did was change the colors. hehe, it kinda feels like this has become like our private thread! :lol:
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:59 pm

Rofl! Yeah; I know. Well, it builds up our post count. ;) Although we've actually had decent conversations, so we're not spamming just to raise our post number. XD
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby SP1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 pm

Its a nice site. Oddly, I found the picture of Will with the crown (Will7.jpg, I believe) to be the most intriguing. The way you did the stacks of paper was really good. An odd detail, I know, but it's just one of those things that made me stop and look.

Edit: If you ever need another idea for a children's story let me know. Got a good one. Me can write. Draw not-so-good.
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby Esoteric » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:59 pm

Thank you, thank you! I'm glad more people are checking out the site.

I certainly might be open to a collaberation sometime. For the moment it's all I can do to keep up with what I've already got on my plate. But perhaps in this coming year I'll have more time.
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:36 am

It's great to see that you have a website up, I always love seeing your lovely artwork. And your poems are great as well.

Just a minor note - on your 'about' page, you spelled 'architect' 'arcitect'.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Esoteric » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:53 am

Thank you, Soul Alive, that's very nice of you to say. :red: I've stopped by your mainpage a few times too and I am looking forward to seeing your manga up and running. I will fix the misspelled 'architect' too, thanks!
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:29 am

^_^ You're welcome.
I'm looking forward to seeing my manga up and running too, lol. I've had a horrible semester and didn't get to work on it like I wanted. *sigh* Ah well, such is life. But come the end of the year, be on the lookout.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Photosoph » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:22 pm

I'm looking forward to your manga too. ^_^ All I've really seen of it I think was the pic you offered for the colouring contest, which will be next month's linework... but it looks cool. ^^

And I'm glad to see more people are interested in Eso's site! :jump:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 am

Update time!

But I have a question for previous visitors: Do you have to visit a page, then reload/refresh it for the updates to take effect? I've had to do this a couple of times and I'm wondering if it's just me or...

http://www.wbepic.com
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:02 am

I've heard that sometimes your computer/internet browser caches a page, and won't show updates made to that page. To reset the page to how it's supposed to be, type: 'Ctrl+F5' and that should work. If that doesn't do what you need it to, I'm at a loss.

And nice job on the new illustrations.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Photosoph » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:09 pm

Hmm... was the update the pilon racer pics? They look really cool. Amazing black and white shading and detail... were they done in pencils or inks? o_O

<Edit>Oh, and if I visit a page enough, then yes my comp/browser/whatever generally loads it as its last state. I didn't know Youtube was back up after a period of down-time until someone suggested that I refresh the page. :sweat:
Generally just the F5 button works for me; I don't need the Ctrl key too. Perhaps it depends on your computer.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks guys...yeah i think my computer is caching the page if I recheck within a few days.
Photosoph wrote:Hmm... was the update the pilon racer pics? They look really cool. Amazing black and white shading and detail... were they done in pencils or inks? o_O

Nope, the pylon racers were already there, and they were done in pencil <.< >.> a special pencil technique I might add. The actual update was the three final Willem pictures, for a total of ten. (again, if you don't see ten thumbnails, refresh the page)
Esoteric

Postby SP1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:49 pm

Assuming your are using Internet Exporer, there is a setting in Internet Options (under the Tools menu). Look at the General Page and fine something about browsing or cache or memory settings. On IE 7, it's called Browsing History and then Settings. There are selections for how ofter IE tries to update the page. Just go for automatic. If this causes problems, then you can try always, but that might be a bit slower.
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby Photosoph » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:12 pm

Ah. :sweat:
Wow. Pencil. O_O Sheesh, it must've taken a lot of work to get that effect for the Pylon pics. Or at least, it looks like it. They're so well shaded and detailed.

Sweet! Three more Willem pics! :jump: As usual, the colours and style look fantastic. ^^ Good to see more; I'm kinda sad that these are the last three, though. :sweat: They're so pretty, it'd be cool to see more.
But eh. Good to be able to see what you've added. ^_^ I especially loved how you drew the fairy (very cool, unique clothes, btw; not just your average fairy-fare) and that really lovely deep blue you had for the water in the ninth pic. Maybe that's a small thing to notice, but I love vibrant, deep colours like that blue. ^_^ Especially that blue, since it's my favourite colour. :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Thanks SP1, that's good to know.
[quote="Photosoph"]Sweet! Three more Willem pics! Good to see more]
Hehe, thanks! Yeah, En-lit certainly isn't your typical fairy, and although the series is finished, fear not! There will be more drawings to come, perhaps even some in that same style.
Blue is my favorite color too. ^_^ Frankly, I think it's the favorite of lots of people, especially when it comes to business names, have you noticed that?
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Hmm... not so much with the business names, but I think I've seen one or two logos with blue lettering. But those were more for minor businesses/firms/groups/associations/thingies. ^_^"
You may be right on that; I think a lot of people do indeed like blue. ^^
It'd be cool if you did more pics for Willem the Wisher; but whatever pics you do I'm sure I'll enjoy. ^^ Besides, finishing one project gives you room to work on other ideas, ne?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Destiny » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:25 pm

I liked the site! It really is very cool! (Whimsical I believe would be a good word!) :thumb: I LOVED the pictures! The poem was really cute too! Very neato! You're very talented!

Ever think about taking on an afiliate? ;) ;)

As for the update thing... well I never saw it before this but the updates are showng up for me!
Do you yearn for magic? Saint Cloud

The Page Turner Radio Play
:?:
Destiny

Next

Return to New Projects and Ideas