Gamecast – 78 – “I need more zippers!â€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast – 78 – “I need more zippers!â€

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:28 am

After months of vacation, we return to talk about the 3DS, bad Pokemon designs, Enka, loan sharks, zombies, cartography, and much more!

You can directly download the show from this link: Right Click and Save As. Or stream the show from here.
Link Antilles

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:14 pm

The DS import game I was talking about is called Yosumin. You can play a free version of it here:

http://game.nifty.com/cs/catalog/game_freetitle/free2/catalog_sp00563_1.htm

It has great music, and is horribly addicting. The premise of the game is to clear out shapes by clicking on the corners of squares/rectangles that have the same shape. Here's an example:

In this picture, clicking on the blue squares highlighted or the yellow diamonds in the drawn square will "clear" those blocks.

The free version now has ads that weren't there before Square-Enix licensed it, and you may not be able to play past the first couple of stages, which is disappointing, because it gets even crazier later on when new shapes get added.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Sadly, after the podcast, I discovered that Yosumin is pretty hard to find on the DS. Playasia and other places now list it as "out of print".

Fortunately, you can find the full game on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/23300/?snr=1_4_4__13
Link Antilles

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey, I had a question about the places that have no wi-fi. Did you mean they just don't have internet? Wi-fi just takes a wireless router, and can be used anywhere you have an internet, so I'm confused. o.0
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:38 pm

When I say they don't have wi-fi, what I mean is there isn't an available public wireless signal for people to use. I'm well aware that wireless routers exist, but what I was talking about was stuff like 3G/4G networks that don't exist in many rural areas, even if you have internet service (which is why if you don't have a signal for your cell phone, it doesn't matter if you have a wireless router, you still wouldn't be able to access the internet on your phone).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts