CAA Radio Episode Fourteen: "What a day."

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio Episode Fourteen: "What a day."

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:59 am

In this show, we talk about the new look of CAA, Transformers, AX, High School classes, and much much more!

Click here to grab the show

-The AX special has been delayed due to temporary technical difficulties (along with the upcoming Gamecast). Please stay tuned. -My apologizes for the delay of this episode as well and the unedited dead space (along with a horrible transition and Ryan sleeping with fishes.) :thumb:

Truly off-the-wall questions to the audience:

1. What restaurants are in your area?
2. Favorite chicken wings?
3. With an unlimited budget, what would you dress up as during a con?
4. What question should we ask the next time? :)
Link Antilles

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:38 pm

Link, you fail for not having a backup battery!

Failfailfailfailfail!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:35 pm

My avatar claims yet more victims.

And by your Dio logic, anyone who wants to be Batman wants their parents traumatically killed before their eyes. But seriously, I'll let this episode stand as a reminder why I should keep with my decision.
Link Antilles wrote:1. What restaurants are in your area?

The Mexican restaurants outnumber the fast food locations, one of them being literally a hole in the wall, most of them fairly good too. And one seafood place, also owned by one of the Mexican food cartel. Gah! They're everywhere!
Link Antilles wrote:2. Favorite chicken wings?

Chicken wings? Pshaw. Buffalo wings my friend.
Link Antilles wrote:3. With an unlimited budget, what would you dress up as during a con?

Assuming this isn't taking plastic surgery into account (you did say unlimited), I actually have a short list of characters I'm considering for future cons; Tomodachi (20th Century Boys), Fuhrer King Bradley (FullMetal Alchemist), Tubalcain Alhambra (Hellsing), Joseph Joestar or Daniel J. D'Arby (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), and Kariya Kagetoki (Samurai Champloo).

And if I ever have a girlfriend, we'll go as Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent (Baccano!).
Link Antilles wrote:4. What question to should we ask the next time? :)

Why don't you just dazzle us?
Fish and Chips

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 pm

My favorite fast food restaurant, while not exclusive to my area, is definitely Moe's, a Mexican food chain that has the best food ever.

Ever.

As for a restaurant that is pretty exclusive to my area (I've never seen it anywhere else, that is), Red Bone Alley. It's a very neat place to eat; the inside is decorated like it's outside in a city, and the food is really good. XD

I don't really eat chicken wings that often (more proof that I'm "Southern by Location Only", I guess XD), so I don't think I really have a favorite. XD

Honestly, I'd probably keep it simple and go as either Madoka Wakamatsu from Full Moon (not my favorite character, but I look enough like her to pull it off XD) or Kanna from 20th Century Boys (who I could probably pull off with the right hairstyle). But if I wanted to make it more complex...

Sailor Jupiter. Even though my hair's not brown. XDD

In regards to "iGod", if you could make a chatbot, what would you call it, and what kind of responses would you give it?

Anyways, good podcast! I'm looking forward to the "special edition AX version"! XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby muskrat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 pm

We have a ton of chain restaurants, Red Robin, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Country Kitchen, etc. Then there's Fazoli's which is italian fast food. Oh well.

I'm not a fan of chicken wings. Forced to choose, I'd go some sort of boneless wing. I don't know.
Link Antilles wrote:3. With an unlimited budget, what would you dress up as during a con?
The medicine seller from the Bakeneko arc of Ayakashi]4. What question should we ask the next time?[/quote]
Can you read something written upside down and/or backwards?

or What could you make with two chickens, a piano bench and a luggage tag?
muskrat

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Mech, I think when you referred to sabot rounds, you meant shaped-charge rounds. Sabot rounds are sub-caliber [smaller in diameter than the barrel] projectiles encased in a shell [the sabot] that falls away after the projectile leaves the barrel. Shaped-charge projectiles [often called HEAT, for high-explosive anti-tank] use a shaped charge [imagine that!] to focus the explosion into a small point, shooting a jet of molten metal through the armor and into the inside of the tank/other vehicle. Weapons otaku here. ^_^

Questions:

Oh gee, being something of a tourist town, we have a lot.

I'm not much of a wings person. If they had boneless wings, though, I'd try them. Eating meat off of the bones is bothersome.

3. With an unlimited budget, what cosplay would you perform for a convention?

Ooh . . . the possibilities . . . Well, once I get rid of this fat and add some more muscle mass, I'd like to try my hand at Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden.

4. What question should we ask next time?
"Why is the podcast staff so lazy to a person that they make their audience come up with both the questions and the answers?" ^_~

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:22 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:Mech, I think when you referred to sabot rounds, you meant shaped-charge rounds. Sabot rounds are sub-caliber [smaller in diameter than the barrel] projectiles encased in a shell [the sabot] that falls away after the projectile leaves the barrel. Shaped-charge projectiles [often called HEAT, for high-explosive anti-tank] use a shaped charge [imagine that!] to focus the explosion into a small point, shooting a jet of molten metal through the armor and into the inside of the tank/other vehicle. Weapons otaku here. ^_^

Well... they called it a sabot in the comic, but I think the effect was that of a HEAT round... which is yet again another massive failure of Hollywood writers.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:38 pm

Something else that confuses me. For the purposes of discussion, when did "What super hero would you dress-up as?" become "What super hero would you want to be." I picked Dio because I figured as long as I'm causing a public disturbance, might as well go as someone with some notable fashion sense. If we're adopting his life story, I need to back up a few feet and start over.
Fish and Chips

Postby goldenspines » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 pm

Is it just me, or are the podcasts steadily getting longer? o.o

Follow up question; I knew this one would come up. XD I would NOT dress up as the Haley Berry version of Cat Woman. XP But any of the original ones are okay.

Too many McDonalds, plus there's a Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Taco del Mar, Olive Garden, and a little local place called Blazen Burgers. There's some others, but I don't care to mention them. :P

2. Favorite chicken wings? I don't eat chicken wings that often, so I wouldn't know. They may be good with BBQ sauce though...

3. With an unlimited budget, what would you dress up as during a con? I would get about 200 different cosplaying costumes and change every two hours. That way, I could deal with the indecision of who to cosplay at the con as. 8D

4. What question should we ask the next time?
What's the best possible use of duct tape?
goldenspines

Postby Ingemar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 pm

Link Antilles wrote:Truly off-the-wall questions to the audience:

1. McDonald's, El Portal, 711 (it sorta is) and some other mexican places.
2. These special Chinese ones from Nat'l City
3. I would dress up as Tom Cruise. That is, I'd hire a hitman to kill him, a taxidermist to preserve him, and I'd wear his skin.

Or, Archer.
4. "What are the Three Dumbest Things you've ever heard?"

BTW, http://youtube.com/watch?v=gMQBehohEeQ
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:02 am

Fish and Chips wrote:Something else that confuses me. For the purposes of discussion, when did "What super hero would you dress-up as?" become "What super hero would you want to be." I picked Dio because I figured as long as I'm causing a public disturbance, might as well go as someone with some notable fashion sense. If we're adopting his life story, I need to back up a few feet and start over.

We're allowed to do that.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:30 am

goldenspines wrote:[color="Black"]I would NOT dress up as the Haley Berry version of Cat Woman. XP But any of the original ones are okay.[/color]

So the Michelle Pfeiffer one is okay? ROCK!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:32 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:We're allowed to do that.

LE GASP!

H'okay then.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:44 am

1. There are a lot more than you'd think, for a small town. But the one I'm sure no one else will know is a place called "Bubbert's." It is in honor of a prank at a local college in which someone invented a fake person named Hermen Bubbert, got them enrolled at a local college, then proceeded to write papers for them and generally make it appear as if such a person truly existed according to the paperwork. Things fell through when Bubbert eventually won an award and had to appear in person. I know, some people have too much time on their hands, but it does make an amusing story.

2. I'm not qualified to have a preference. Though I eat meat, I'm nearly vegetarian in practice.

3. Anyone wearing solid gold armor, which I would then melt down and sell.

4. What question shouldn't you ask next time?
uc pseudonym

Postby Themanofchrist » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Cosplay for me would be a red monk robe combined with staffs and swords
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death
Nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet these hands shall never hold anything
So, as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works"
Note: The chant for Unlimited Blade Works (UBW)
Themanofchrist

Postby Okami » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:55 pm

Plenty. Pipers is the only one that stands out, atm
Boneless Teriyaki?
I'm not a regular Con attender....sooo.....yeah
Why're you asking me?
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:59 pm

In one clump (probably about 4 mins from home), there's a Chinese restaurant, gourmet pizza/cafe place, KFC, Pizza Haven, Red Rooster, Domino's, Subway, another cafe,... and I think that's it. Domino's would probably be the most frequented by us.

I'm a bit puzzled by the question. It's not usually a question I would expect.
The two attached to a standard BBQ chicken, perhaps?

Something awesome.. but I'm not sure what yet. I wouldn't normally consider myself a cosplayer.

"What is your quest?" ..I mean....
The podcast team should show some creativity here.

I guess I should listen to it now...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:48 am

Posts per page are set in preferences... I get 40.

1. All of them... Including that one down the street from you. Actually, my appartment (my spelling abilities drop to zero when I don't have access to firefox) has a portal to the kitchen of every single restaurant on earth. Um... Or... Well, I've got the basics... I live right next door to Maccas. Never ever eat there (except when I'm in the mood to watch "Super Size Me") There's also BK, Jack, and 2 mexican restaurants... A restaurant and bar called Acapulco, a non-chain called the Whole Enchilada.

2. Crispy, non-buffalo... Not due to the spice, but due to the taste I don't like.

3. During a Con, I'd dress as Otacon... *Doh!* Ok, so if cost wasn't an issue, I'd go as Walter Sullivan, Father Vincent, Auron, Squall, or a Paladin or Dark Knight...

4. What is 5 by pies?

Hmm... I've got video of AX. I will be getting more next time... Hopefully... If I go...

EDIT: Now that I've listened... Book 7 was my favorite, and it was very emotional. I loved it, and I think the movies will figure something out, just like they did when they left peeves and SPEW out... Besides that, I think it's possible that... Oh, hold on...

Yeah?

Yeah...

The one next to Best Buy?

Yeah... Cottage cheese...

Anyhow, as I was saying I think it's possible they can fix it in the terms of the films... I'd be interested to see what people thought would really hurt them...

As for the ending... It wasn't what I expected [spoiler]too positive at the end after all the death[/spoiler] What's funny, I missed a lot, but I retained a LOT that the people from Pottercast didn't get... Which I can't believe... I think what they normally have over me is that they read the books OVER AND OVER... When we're on Equal ground for how often we've read it, I seem to be able to remember more than they do... [spoiler]like the details of the elder wand and why it turned on Voldemort at the end, Lily's patronus...[/spoiler]

So, my favorite moments in all the books are Detention with Dolores, anything with Luna (not so much her dad), and definitely the Prince's Tale (no, that shouldn't spoil it) I cried all the way through the Prince's Tale... That was the single most powerful moment in the books for me... Actually, another powerful moment was [spoiler]Dobby's death[/spoiler].

Funny story, I thought the big spoiler at the end of Half Blood Prince was no longer an issue because of how often it was spoiled, but turns out some people STILL don't know... And I ended up spoiling it for someone

Transformers: Yeah, it was a giant GM ad, and Shia LeBeauf... I may be wrong (I was wrong one other time) but I think the f is silent on his name...

Un-shock: So, when 9/11 happened... It took forever for it to hit, but when it did, tears flowed like buckets... It's true about being disconnected because we see stuff on the news so often, it sort of numbs us over time...

"I was watching my TV one night when they came in with a special report about some devestating earthquake in Peru. There were thirty thousand crushed to death, even more were buried alive
On the Richter scale it measured 8.2. And I said, 'God, please answer me one question?'
'Why'd they have to interrupt 'The Simpsons' just for this?'"

It's sort of like that... I mean, it's supposed to be funny, but the news is just the news, it's information, nothing behind it to much of its audience.

My favorite class was Conceptual Physics, even though the curse of it is that I learned things that no one believes me about... Particularly in regards to gravity and change of state in matter... My physics teacher was also a youth pastor, but he introduced me to a lot of knowledge of things in physics outside of what the book taught us, things that were more interesting such as bose einstein condensate...

The biggest AX memory for me was meeting everyone... *cough*

I WORKED at Long John's... And A&W is joined with KFC here, not Long John's, and I hate it because they don't cary Zinger sauce, which is the only reason I go to KFC... Why the laugh about Bob's Big Boy? That place is awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:14 am

1. What restaurants are in your area? lots. We have Lone Star, Copeland's (a local chain), Ground Patti (another local chain), Outback, Chili's, you name it.
2. Favorite chicken wings? Popeye's
3. With an unlimited budget, what would you dress up as during a con? I'd dye my hair black, carry a duffel bag, and go as Ryu from Street Fighter.
4. What question should we ask the next time? What is the name of your local newspaper?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 pm

1. We have every standard fast food chain one can find attributed to cultural leveling. We also have Chinese, Thai, Korean, Indian (more of these than any other, to my surprise), and Mexican restaurants that are not part of chains. I'd say easily 75% of the buildings within 2 blocks of campus are dining establishments or sell food of some sort anyhow.

2. I don't eat wings. It seems UC and I have very similar dietary habits; people are often surprised when they see me eat meat.

3. Maria from Trinity Blood, because she's the correct ethnicity and I naturally have her hair. The back up would be Shurei from Saiunkoku Mongatari.

4. I don't think I can top RD's idea.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:45 am

Once again, I hope I'm not too late answering; I keep meaning to and then forgetting about it. ^_^;

Here we go, off the top of my head: A&W, McDonald's, KFC, Tim Horton's, Taco Bell, Swiss Chalet, Wendy's... and I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Those which are cooked.

I'd dress as my character Melody! :grin: I'm only joking, of course -- but I'd seriously love to see someone of the female gender dress up as her. :3 (Actually, I'd dress as Hamtaro. ]4. What question should we ask the next time? :)[/quote]
"Should MelMak be banned from answering the questions to the audience in the future?" :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Mimi's Cafe, BJ's Steak House, The Road House, McCalister's, McDonald's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Apple Bee's, Chili's. IHOP, Chick-fil-a, Texas de' Brazil Cafe, TGIF, Burger King, Wendy's, Sonic, Taco Bel, A&W/Long John Silvers, On the Border, Outback, Logan's Roadhouse...etc...etc...

Defeated, and wounded...oh wait you said "Chicken wings", thought you said Red Wings. heh Teriyaki and regular hot wings.

Either "Master Chief" or my character N'Thak (SolidArmor)

Is it right...to go off to heaven without taking a friend?
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby RidleyofZebes » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Well, I live in "Middle of nowhere, Redneck country", so... Nothing?
Original Recipie, KFC. :thumb:
Kazuma the Shell Bullet. That whole thing that takes up his arm and half of his face is awesome.
Something about... Napoleon Dynamite.:brow:
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts