Tracy and Tristan: WARNING! Christian Content

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Tracy and Tristan: WARNING! Christian Content

Postby SusanTheCat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Tracy and Tristan http://tandt.comicgenesis.com

This is a very allegorical story about Tracy, a Christian; Doug, a guardian angel; and Tristan, a cat.

I started it when I was a new christian. My target audience is christians and the "christian curious". People who, like me, are interested in becoming Christian, but didn't know what I was about, and keep getting scared of by -- um -- er -- enthusiastic Christians.

Target age is late teens onwards. My son(12) reads my comic.

RATINGS:

Violence: 3
Mud throwing, off-screen violence when re-telling biblical stories

Language: 2
In 100+ comics I've used maybe one mild expletive.

Sexual Content: 2
My romantic couple just met. I think they might kiss. Eventually.

Nudity (or skimpy outfits): 2
In 100+ comics I've had one bare mid-drift.

Bad Religion: 4
It features a talking cat and there are anime-ish references. Being allegorical, there are some magic-esk. Phones come out of the Bible and things like that.

I was doing this up and I got sad because I have such a tapioca (bland) comic. :red:

Comments, criticisms, confusion are all welcome.

Susan
SusanTheCat

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:07 pm

I was doing this up and I got sad because I have such a tapioca (bland) comic.

Actually, that's part of what impresses me about this. I've only had the chance to read through part of it from the beginning, but I'm enjoying it.

It is also cheerful, and that seems to have rubbed off on me as I've been reading, haha. X]

Action/sci-fi and fantasy webcomic genres sometimes use their genre to disguise having no actual story. It doesn't work, especially in the long-term.

Yours is slice-of-life, character driven and it works, it flows and is enjoyable. Not something I could say of those confounded starch-balls.

Cheerio. Keep up the good work, when I get to my home computer I'll bookmark it.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm enjoying your comic! I love Tristan --what a funny and cute cat! (Points to sig.)

I am having a problem with the website, though. Do you know how to get that Archives strip off the right side of the screen? It suddenly appeared and it won't go away. I can't read the right half of the comic. Any ideas?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 pm

It's really different. If it weren't so funny and random, it would just be plain weird.
Good effort in writing something that has a Godly message without being boring.
I don't think I've ever seen something that mirrors conservative Christian comics so well but does it with cheesy fun and some life (that's the manga and anime influence I'd say).

Not sure why it's for late teens. Maybe you mean 12 years and up?
Even then I don't think it's inappropriate for kids. They just may not pick up of the parable quality of some of the comic.

Good job mate.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:20 am

Sheenar (post: 1251840) wrote:I'm enjoying your comic! I love Tristan --what a funny and cute cat! (Points to sig.)

I am having a problem with the website, though. Do you know how to get that Archives strip off the right side of the screen? It suddenly appeared and it won't go away. I can't read the right half of the comic. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem!
Anyway, great artwork. Love the phone in the Bible gag.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby SusanTheCat » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:31 am

Thanks for the comics.

I recently changed the archives to include the news items. I review them again for problems. Is there a particular page that causes problems? And what browser are you using?

Warrior 4 Jesus, I think you're right about it being 12 and up.

Susan
SusanTheCat

Postby SusanTheCat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:58 pm

I think I fixed the archive strips thing.
SusanTheCat

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:27 am

I was only saying it could be 12 and up because some of it would be hard to understand for younger kids. Am I missing something? There's nothing that could be called offensive (I think), even to the most conservative of Christians.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby soul alive » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:39 pm

I agree with Rah (creatureart), it's nice to see a comic that everyone can enjoy; and the slice-of-life drama and events are fun to read.

I like your art style, it's so cute, and compliments the strip comic style well. And it's so heartwarmingly cheerful. I love the cat, his snarky comments make the comic. ^_^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby SusanTheCat » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Thank you for the wonderful comments!

IRL Tristan was a very sarcastic cat. He used to attack my boyfriends. No claws -- he just wanted them to know that he COULD have hurt them. When the guy that eventually became my husband met him, my roommates warned him about the viciousness of my cat. Tristan, of course, took to him right away -- so I married him! ;)

Susan
SusanTheCat

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Loved the Maison Ikkoku ref at one point. Nice to meet someone else who knows that title.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby SusanTheCat » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:54 pm

rocklobster (post: 1253309) wrote:Loved the Maison Ikkoku ref at one point. Nice to meet someone else who knows that title.

But can you find the Bob and Doug Mackenzie reference. :)

And I think Doug looks cute in an apron.

Susan
SusanTheCat

Postby SusanTheCat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:37 pm

SusanTheCat

Postby SusanTheCat » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:27 pm

New Update!

http://tandt.comicgenesis.com/d/20081020.html

The real Tristan used to do this all the time. I had an apartment with two floors. He'd hear me come in the front door and race down the stairs. It sounded like a herd of elephants! When I'd open the door to the apartment, he'd be sitting there with a bored expression on his face.

My roommates pointed out that he'd follow me from room to room. Not obviously, like my dog does, but stealthily. He'd wait a couple minutes, then saunter to the room I was in. I got confused if I was going back and forth between two rooms.

Susan
SusanTheCat

Postby SusanTheCat » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am

New Update!

Lots up updates coming your way. This was my entry for 24 hour comic day.

http://tandt.comicgenesis.com/d/20081103.html

This is done in watercolour. Sorry about the poor scan. My scanner is a touch too little for the paper.
SusanTheCat

Postby Purplefire » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Awww, your kitties are so adorably cute, Susan!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby SusanTheCat » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:53 pm

New update!
Tracy freaks out!

You know it must be bad if the CAT thinks you should apologize!

Susan
SusanTheCat

Return to Webmanga/comics