New manga - Game Plan

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby inkhana » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks a bunch, Mave. ^^ And everyone else too.

Chapter 6 is complete! We're nearing the halfway point. Pretty soon, I'm going to look into having the first book of GP printed...if all goes well.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:16 am

Inkhana....

can I seriously like run into the wall 30 times for not reading your comic sooner?!!!!!!

OMGOSH! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY! D:

Kai...is made of win and I LOVE TREMBLE (I am sure you get this all the time, haha)

wow so much talent I love this! :3

Great work. ^_^ I look forward to more!

Kyaa I am learning so much from the CAA manga artists.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:07 pm

I just read all of it this morning and I LOVE it!! :grin:

I agree with Kit-chan, Kai rocks! ^-^

Can't wait to read more!
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Nikolai Melodie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Bwaaahh

:"D This stuff is so great. If only I could have the strength to put up some of my rancid comic [or to actually start drawing my Christian comic that's bubbling around in my head]

Keep going ^__________^
:angel:
Nikolai Melodie

Postby inkhana » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:37 am

Thanks guys ^^

Seleana: Don't be afraid to post your stuff. These are all learning experiences. If you've got an idea, get out there and draw it! ^^ We'd all like to see it, and if you need help/motivation, there's always someone you can ask for help.

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby shade of dae » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 am

I love the comic so far, but I'm having trouble keeping the names and faces straight. If its not too much of a bother do you think you could put up a "Characters" page?
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:14 am

She's already got character pages; just click on each of the chibified characters on the left side of the home page. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby shade of dae » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:21 pm

Oh I didn't notice that. Sorry!
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Hehe this is great! I love the characters :grin:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 am

*bump* Chapter 7, and therefore Book 1, is now done. A new Ask-A-Character section is up. *runaway~*
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby animewarrior » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:23 am

hello!!! I have been reading Gameplan since Ink was on like page 15!!! happy 150th page on Dev.23rd Ink!!! :) ..... Locke's story is sooo sad....*sniff* ..... You..... MUST .... MAKE ... more PAGES!!!!! the suspense is killing me!!!!! lol anywayz good luck finding a publisher!! Can't wait to buy the all the Volumes!!!
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:44 pm

I commend you for your faithful updates, Inky. Just wanted you to know.

And I sincerely feel sorry for ppl like Locke. His situation really sucks and I can understand why he isn't completely open to the Christian faith.
Mave

Postby MangArtist » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:17 am

This manga is awesome! Just found it a couple days ago. Your style is really cool! I also read your other manga "Steelblood". That's really awesome! Thanks to my dumb computer I can't read the last two pages. grrrr *Throws computer across the room* Keep up the awesome work!!
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 am

Just so you guys know, Chapter 8 is now complete, and I've reworked christianmanga.com so it looks a little nicer! Anyone need webspace for their work? :3

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby inkhana » Thu May 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Chapter 9 is complete!

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu May 29, 2008 2:15 pm

Aww, I was going to use my 2000th post to bump the thread with the news but you beat me to it, Ink. :lol:

As for the rest of you reading, be sure to go check out the new Extras section (which contains wallpapers, avatars and a personality test for your enjoyment) as well as the new forum. You know you want to. ;)
TheMelodyMaker

Postby SailorDove » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:42 am

Just finally found this series! Can't believe I missed this one. Really enjoying it!

But I'm a little confused. Where are chapters 4-7 in Volume 2?
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:20 pm

She hasn't gotten to them yet. She's still in the middle of drawing out Chapter 3. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Re: New manga - Game Plan

Postby Hikaru » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Gameplan! This was the first christian manga I ever read ^w^ thank you so much for writing it~
Hikaru

Re: New manga - Game Plan

Postby shooraijin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm

This is kind of a big gravedig, but I won't lock one of Ink's threads. That said, she hasn't been on CAA in a very long time.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Previous

Return to Webmanga/comics