Skipping Tomorrows webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Gypsy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:26 pm

I freshened up the ST part of the site, added a wallpaper, and *now* all the links should take you somewhere. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:14 pm

I like links that take me somewhere. It's much better than the alternative. :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:49 am

And my first scheduled update in a long time! I'll do my best to get up two on Thursday.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:22 am

Remember Gypsy, you know my advise about website growth. ^__^
Stephen

Postby Gypsy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:54 pm

Uh ... no. I mean, I remember, but ... no.
Gypsy

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:12 am

"What a brilliant shade of blue" . . . I assume Shawn got "Blue Screen of Doom"ed?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby shooraijin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:16 am

Oh! I got it now! :sweat:

Seriously, I thought she was referring to the library computer. The old Silver Platter library systems have a blue screen too, but they're in DOS (and it's just the background colour). I guess that proves I really am old and decrepit ...
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:18 am

Should have gotten a Mac, eh, Shoo-sama? ^_~

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Stephen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:49 am

Someone suggesting Macs to Shoo?
Stephen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:17 pm

No, just knowing he's a Mac fan too (if I remember properly), figuring he'd agree upon recommending one to the library in the comic. ^_~

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby Mave » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:46 am

Despite the dreaded blue screen of doom, I still cannot imagine myself typing out a whole thesis using a typewriter. Hehe. Nice update, Gypsy.
Mave

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:39 am

Thanks, Mave. Yeah, computers: you can't live with 'em and so on.

I did a double update because I missed the last one. Another one should go up tomorrow, too.
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:21 pm

I rather like how its gone so far. It's been a long time between some chapters *shove* But other then that, its quite good. I look forward to seeing how this ends.
Stephen

Postby Gypsy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:29 am

I updated on schedule ... I'm so proud of myself. ^^ I think I might start adding in commentary at the bottom of the page ... or maybe at chapter breaks, I haven't decided yet.
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:25 am

cool, comentary would be great, by the way i really like your artwork on the last two updates. and the small details like the wrieting in the ledger.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:53 am

I'm fine with commentary, and though I've seen it both ways I'm inclined to say it is best when selective. Whenever you have something to say, really.

Regarding her not reading history... I like this aspect in the sense of it not being psychologically healthy (because it wouldn't be). But you'll have to watch out that this doesn't become an excuse to avoid anything that might be tricky. In terms of chaos theory, time has already been incredibly distorted or not at all, so it shouldn't matter.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:25 am

Archived ... oh the shame of it all ... -_- Oh well, that's what I get for not updating on time. (Maybe I should just throw the whole scheduled updates out the window ... like, officially and not just in practice. :sweat: )

Anyhoo, there's a blast from the ... not too distant past there for you. I actually don't remember, but that's the first of a few cameos that I plan on sneaking in. Ink is working hard, but I miss her kicking around CAA.

Oh, and here's a link for all you fans of convenience.
http://www.hoodiegypsy.com/skippingtomorrows/index.html
Gypsy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:12 am

wow i missed alot of updates *goes off to read*
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Shinja » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:57 pm

cool, inkhana has a book^^
MATT

Shinja

Postby Mave » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:wow i missed alot of updates *goes off to read*

Me too~ I love the updates. ^^ Pls keep it going. I like the message: Sometimes it's best not to know the future.
Mave

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:38 am

Great Update, thanks, Gypsy!
bigsleepj

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:02 am

If you don't want to try to keep up with an update schedule, I say don't bother. Just post here when you do update so that we know.

Page 47 worked pretty well. I found it funny, anyway. Meanwhile, page 48 is moving things forward in a predictable manner...
uc pseudonym

Postby meboeck » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:30 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Meanwhile, page 48 is moving things forward in a predictable manner...

Predictable but cute. Every shojo manga should have at least one relatively predictable romance. :)
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Gypsy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:52 pm

Yeah, there shouldn't be any question about the pairing in this manga ... especially since there's only been two (three, if you count Jennifer from the beginning) characters. Thanks for the input!
Gypsy

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:59 am

. . . Four if you count the landlady . . . and then there were the people at the art show in the past, though they didn't have names . . .

Sorry, I'm evil like that. Firstborn and all. I do love the comic ~ story, art, and all.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:51 pm

Raiden no Kishi wrote:. . . Four if you count the landlady . . . and then there were the people at the art show in the past, though they didn't have names . . .

You certainly can't count out them. I am about 47% done with my Landlady/MustacheGuy fanfiction.

Really, though, bringing up the landlady made me chuckle. Thanks.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Mon May 01, 2006 7:25 pm

meboeck wrote:Predictable but cute. Every shojo manga should have at least one relatively predictable romance. :)

Hurray for shoujo romance! I trust Gypsy will serve it in style without the cheese or too much sap ;)
Mave

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 03, 2006 9:16 am

[quote="Mave"]Hurray for shoujo romance! I trust Gypsy will serve it in style without the cheese or too much sap ]

That's the plan ... but I think "too much sap" is a relative term. ^^; It is a love story, however a semi-light one (no soap opera antics, I promise - heck, there's not even going to be a good love triangle!) so I hope no one is holding their breath for mechs to drop out of the sky that Shawn will pilot and save the world or for Emma to admit that she's really a Star Princess and she's in the present time to find the lost members of the Sparkling Comet squad and fight monsters that pop up all over the globe.

Landlady/MoustacheGuy fan fiction ... Even as a facetious comment, I have no words, UC, I have no words.
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 03, 2006 12:03 pm

Gypsy wrote:That's the plan ... but I think "too much sap" is a relative term. ^^

That is definitely true. It is like another classic statement, "A slob is someone less organized than me. A neat-freak is someone more organized." But related to the topic, I am relatively confident that you'll do this well. So far this manga has avoided the pitfalls in shoujo that irritate me.

Gypsy wrote:I hope no one is holding their breath for mechs to drop out of the sky that Shawn will pilot and save the world or for Emma to admit that she's really a Star Princess and she's in the present time to find the lost members of the Sparkling Comet squad and fight monsters that pop up all over the globe.

Phooey. Now I need to rewrite Chapter 11.

Gypsy wrote:Landlady/MoustacheGuy fan fiction ... Even as a facetious comment, I have no words, UC, I have no words.

Mission accomplished, I guess?
uc pseudonym

Postby Shinja » Wed May 03, 2006 3:38 pm

man, just when i was getting excited about rumors of ST mech's^^
MATT

Shinja

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics