Advocate

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:04 pm

[quote="Pepper Kittie"]Aieee! Talameeee! *tackleglomp* *blushes* Hee hee, yeah, I don't forget things. I just... feel odd promoting my own stuff. If people chose to find it, then that's cool ^^]
XD That's alright! If you are too shy to promote Advocate, I shall do it for you! XD I shall be your shameless promoter! The way I see it darl, God has given you a work to do, that is to reach out to people online through this manga. In order to fully do this work, you actually have to have people come TO the site :lol: Talame to the rescue!
:hug:
Hephzibah

Postby Sakura15 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:17 am

Wow, I love the new layout on Advocate..its Awesome! ^^ :thumb:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby SailorDove » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:02 pm

Been a fan for quite a while, enjoying Advocate. Thank you for creating it!
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Pepper Kittie » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:34 pm

Awww! Thank you guys so much! ^___^ Some days I'm tempted to give up, but hearing that others like it and pray for me makes me keep going. Thanks ^^
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:15 pm

Oh yeah... I totally forgot to comment on this -- but I like that anniversary picture you put on the site! ^_^ Is that supposed to be a self-portrait? :)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Pepper Kittie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:12 pm

Hee hee, yeah ^^ I'm Hawaiian so I have really fluffy hair, and it's always so much fun to draw. I've always wanted to make a manga character with curly hair. Thanks, Melody Maker!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Sakura15 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:49 pm

Pepper Kittie wrote:Hee hee, yeah ^^ I'm Hawaiian so I have really fluffy hair, and it's always so much fun to draw. I've always wanted to make a manga character with curly hair. Thanks, Melody Maker!

Your hawaiian?? that is sooo cool!! ^^ lol
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Gypsy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:11 am

I just read through Advocate so far, and I'm really looking forward for updates. It's very original and I think your character development is excellent.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:24 pm

Aiee... school is eating up all my free time -.- I'm sorry, I really don't have anything new at all even though it's been so long. This is my senior year of High School and even though it just started I'm already swamped with homework and things to do for clubs and sports. I'm trying to work out my schedule and I bet things will get easier soon... but I just wanted everyone to know that I haven't given up, and I'm still trying really hard. Why can't school have a manga class?! Or at least give less homework to the people with LIVES! *dies* 0_o

Thank you, Gypsy! ^^

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Mave » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:54 pm

I know what you mean, Foxie. I struggled with this during my grad school years. It may help to do a bit at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. Anyways, good luck in managing your academic obligations, personal schedule and spiritual needs!
Mave

Postby Pepper Kittie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:24 pm

I know I just changed it not too long ago, but... that last layout bothered me a lot XD Sooo, Ink taught me the wonders of PHP. I hope you guys like the new layout and the new pages ^___^ They were both a lot of fun to do. Happy New Year, CAA!

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby inkhana » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:33 am

And big thanks to Mithrandir too, cuz...he was the one who showed me how to use that PHP code in the first place XD XD

Beautiful layout, Foxie. Great work ^^

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Mave » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:08 am

The new layout is lovely and in my favourite color too (I love lavender!). XD

As for the new pages, I look forward to see what happens next. Shiro, don't!!!
Mave

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:35 am

Yay -- update! :) Good-looking stuff there, Pepper Foxie Kittie. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:33 pm

Woohoo! update! I love the layout ^-^ and the new pages.
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Syreth » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:19 pm

Yeah, I really enjoyed it, too! I would really like to see some more of it! Please keep updating. I really like the redemptive nature of the story.
Syreth

Postby Pepper Kittie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks everyone! It's fun to read what you write ^___^ And really encouraging. You have no idea.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been working on writing out the story itself as a novel for creative writing class, and guess what? I'm done! It's about 80 pages typed out, 200 or so written on lined paper. (I keep losing those pages so I'm not quite sure anymore... XD) So now I can focus on the manga ^__^ I absolutely love the ending of AV, and what's in between and how those turned out, so I really hope all of you will too! I'll work as hard as I can! Thanks for all of the prayer and support. I love working on this.

Now that I'm done with the story and I know how it'll all turn out I changed the ratings for the series some. It's a little more violent than I originally planned and I lowered the rating on magic/bad religion. I'm glad I could end it and avoid that altogether ^^ And now I'm TOTALLY excited to show you all what I've got planned! *dances around the room* Anyway, the changes are on the first post of this thread. Yaaaay.

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:21 pm

That's awesome! I can't wait to read it all!! ^-^
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:05 am

Pepper Kittie wrote:I've been working on writing out the story itself as a novel for creative writing class, and guess what? I'm done! It's about 80 pages typed out, 200 or so written on lined paper. So now I can focus on the manga ^__^ I absolutely love the ending of AV, and what's in between and how those turned out, so I really hope all of you will too! I'll work as hard as I can! Thanks for all of the prayer and support. I love working on this.

Yeahh! I'm happy to hear that you've had time to work and concentrate on AV. Looking forward to what you'll be up to. XD
Mave

Postby Ryupower » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:13 pm

good job so far. I bookmarked it. :)
I guess shirtless men count, to be honest. But it depends if it's because they're fighting ( you know, torn up ) or if it's just like that...same as by girls I guess.

And yeah, it makes me wanna work on my project..
BTW: BOOKMARK!! :D
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:39 pm

Awww, now I feel all warm and fuzzy! I wanna hug you! ^__^ Thanks, Ryupower!

I guess at one point a character's clothes get pretty torn up, but the one that sticks out the most is when a certain character takes off his shirt and jacket to show another character the scars on his back and shoulders. I think that's the most graphic place in the story... because then it gets into a big dramatic fight with big injuries. I'm glad that's much later in the series though because at this point, I don't think I have the ability to draw it ^^;

Nya, I wish I had more than this, but looking at the updates page and seeing that it was last December is a little... pathetic. So I worked today on a new page. Probably shouldn't have since I have a mountain of homework yet to do XD Ha ha. Sorry it's taking me so long. I put some of the reasons on the front page. Enjoy ^^

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:54 pm

YAAY! a new page! im so happy! lol. I really love this manga.

But, you should finish your homework that is more important hehe.

Thank you so much though! ^^
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Mave » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:43 am

Yay, new page!

Poor Shiro, he seems to be very unlucky lately; bumping into things and hurting himself.
Mave

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:22 pm

I uploaded two new pages. Man am I slow XD But I thought I'd post it here. I hope you like them ^__^

There's a lot of new mangas in this forum and on Cognatio. I've got some catching up to do on my reading ^^ It's neat to see new people coming up. Good job everyone!

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Aww that was so cute! ^-^
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Pepper Kittie » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Another update ^^ It'll be a while until I can update again. I'll be gone 2 weeks to help out at a camp. So it might be three weeks until anything new is up. Sorry about the wait. I'll do my best.

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:37 pm

Yaay! an update! ^-^ good job!! and have fun at camp!
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Advocate

Postby unknown_girl » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:26 pm

Your manga has become one of my favorites. :thumb:
Now I'm just curious, if this ever became an anime what voice actors would you get to do the voices of the characters?
(I guess it's kind of a silly question, but I'm very curious! :sweat: )
unknown_girl

Postby Pepper Kittie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:23 pm

Thank you ^__^ You know, I've thought a little about voice actors. I'm not familiar with very many english ones, really only the ADV actors. I know Kevario and Shiro would have deeper voices. Zoe's actor would have a soothing voice, almost musical. Monica Rial would be a great actor for Jazz XD I was thinking Shiro would either be Chris Patton (plays Ojhiro in Angelic Layer) or the guy who plays Dark in DN Angel. Andy McAvin would be fun for Ahi, I think he'd be a good evil guy and he has a funny evil laugh. That's about all I've ever thought about.

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Advocate

Postby unknown_girl » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:46 pm

Awesome! I especially like the idea of Vic Mignogna (Dark) playing the voice of Shiro. He's a Christian VA so that would work quite well. ^_^
unknown_girl

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics