Steelblood

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:02 pm

I was suspicious something like this was occurring. I'm glad to hear another friend's manga is taking the next step.
uc pseudonym

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:04 pm

Somehow I wondered when you'd be doing that, Ink... Though I'm kind of sad to see it go offline, I'm glad you're getting it published in print. :thumb:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Ashley » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:18 pm

Congratulations! You deserve it SOOOO much Inky, and I can't wait to see the marvelous things God does with it! Eee, so happy for you!
Ashley

Postby The Doctor » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:09 pm

WOW!!!

I'M PUMPED FOR YOU INKHANA!!!

First...manga....then anime...then coming soon to a theater near you! :-) Sweet!
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Mave » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:34 pm

Hooray, you go, Inky!! XDDDDDD Lead the way, I wish you the best!

EDIT: I hope you'll be able to share your experience with us eventually. I'm curious to know what happens in Christian publishing.
Mave

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Cool!! I enjoyed this immensely and I would love to see it in print. I'd miss your commentry though unless you plan on using footnotes. Oh well....Steelblood is going to look great in Print!!! Mwahaaaaaa, can't wait!
bigsleepj

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:34 am

Wow, I just hope it gets released in the UK!
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Britomart » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:24 pm

OOHHH! i can't wait until i can buy it and read it any time i wants! *grins big*
congratulations, Inky!

KristalKlears siggy pics ROCK! :rock: Thank you, Kristal!

I'm nobody. Are you nobody too?
Don't tell, they'd banish us you know.
How dreary to be somebody,
How public, like a frog
to tell your name the livelong day
to an admiring bog

Emily Dickinson
Britomart

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:26 pm

Sigh... All that work for nothin...

;) j/k I guess this means I'm off the hook for mangaview 2.0, eh? :lol:

WOOF!!!!!!!! Way to go Ink!!!!
Mithrandir

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:37 pm

skynes wrote:Wow, I just hope it gets released in the UK!

If it got an ISBN number (like a majority of books do) then, even if it doesn't get released in the UK, you can still get it. I did it here because not all books get released in South Africa. I get the ISBN number from the Internet and give it to the book shops and they order it for me from the US or UK. You should be able to do this.
bigsleepj

Postby Dante » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:01 pm

Wow! Great job congrations on your publication, I really enjoyed reading your comic on the web and I hope to see you do well in stores :). Your manga is the only one I've considered buying since I bought most of the Legend of Zelda comics from Valiant. I really look forward to its release! When do you expect that it will be comming out and will it be realeased at most regular comic book stores?

God Bless,
Pascal
Dante

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:25 pm

Congratulations Ink! That's great! Especially to see a good clean manga published! God Bless!

I wonder when it's Mave's turn?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:51 pm

This may have been answered previously but when exactly is this more or less destined to be published? Six months from now? 12 months from now? 2010: An Inkhana Oddessey? :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby inkhana » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:57 pm

I guess this means I'm off the hook for mangaview 2.0, eh?

Mwahaha, you think so...;) Actually, what we have on CM right now is running great, so no arguments here...haha

When do you expect that it will be comming out and will it be realeased at most regular comic book stores?

That's a good question...I haven't finished drawing everything so I can't set a date for certain yet...plus I've been kinda swamped with other work...@.@

2010: An Inkhana Oddessey?

Why do I have the feeling that guess is the closest one to the truth? mwahahaha...like I said above, the pencils are almost, but not quite, finished, and the inker is steadily moving through it. I don't know what the situation is on toning, but someone else is going to redo all of it (yay for expertise!)

Anyway, thanks for all the comments, guys...:) I hope I get it done pretty soon, but it's movin' kinda slow...:/

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:53 pm

inkhana wrote:Anyway, thanks for all the comments, guys...:) I hope I get it done pretty soon, but it's movin' kinda slow...:/[/color]

I'd rather that it should be slow and well done than rather done fast and bad.
bigsleepj

Postby inkhana » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:14 pm

Well, the good news is, the new pages look tons better than the old ones. So provided you can tolerate the crappiness of the old pages, everything should be just fine...*nodnod* haha XD

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:06 pm

I'm glad that it's moving at all! Better slow progress than no progress
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:20 pm

inkhana wrote:Well, the good news is, the new pages look tons better than the old ones. So provided you can tolerate the crappiness of the old pages, everything should be just fine...*nodnod* haha XD

Crapiness? Of your drawings?

:eh:

Seriously your original drawings look fine.
bigsleepj

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:32 pm

Well thank you...^^ I'm still trying to improve all the time though...XD I've just had a bit of a workload lately and no time to work on it...@.@

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:45 pm

inkhana wrote:Well thank you...^^ I'm still trying to improve all the time though...XD I've just had a bit of a workload lately and no time to work on it...@.@

Most of us here trying to do something artistic probably knows how that feels. But at least you're still critical of yourself. When an artist ceases to be critical of himself/herself and thinks she/ he's the best thing since sliced bread then this person is only heading for trouble.
bigsleepj

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:46 am

Yaay! I cant wait for it to come out
:jump: :grin:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:17 pm

Just chiming in that things will turn out great for Steelblood--and I can say that confidently as the "insider" ;)
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Mave » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:38 pm

[quote="Psycho Ann"]Just chiming in that things will turn out great for Steelblood--and I can say that confidently as the "insider" ]

Uh oh, now you've gotten me curious! :lol: How on earth did you end up being an insider? Are you guys together in the same publishing company or something? XDDD
Mave

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:13 am

I think she meant "onsider." If you are on sides, that's OK - but if you are off-sides, that's a 5 yard peanulty.

*rimshot*

*crickets*

What?

whispers: d00d! You didn't even spell it write!

Par for the course, I guess...
Mithrandir

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:22 pm

Are you guys together in the same publishing company or something? XDDD

Let's just say my current position would make many of you envious :brow: Now to go back and make sure Inky can crank out more pages faster....
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:12 pm

The plot thickens...

oldphilosopher wrote:I think she meant "onsider." If you are on sides, that's OK - but if you are off-sides, that's a 5 yard peanulty.

Which begs the question of what happens if you are between the sides.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:31 am

Ah. Encroachment.
Mithrandir

Postby inkhana » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:39 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:Let's just say my current position would make many of you envious :brow: Now to go back and make sure Inky can crank out more pages faster....

[color=DarkGreen]Oh no! Not the stick of do-more-than-you're-doing-ness! *runs from Ann* She treats me so badly. I work all the time...*flops down* XD (actually, I'm just rewriting the ending script again...]

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Icarus » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:39 pm

Sorry for being late, but WAY TO GO!
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:48 am

:lol:

Ok, I shall wait for the fruits of your labor, Ann and Inky. XDDD
Mave