Welcome To Daily Devotionals

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Postby Felix » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:58 pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear that You'll certainly be in my prayers, Doc. I hope everything turns out fine. God bless you and you family.
Felix
Felix

Postby shooraijin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:01 pm

Bump to fix last posted flag. Carry on.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu May 11, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi gang

Just a note that I will be leaving for Oregon to visit my mother on Monday, May 15. Although I will be returning from there on the 24th I will be leaving the next day with my son for Animazment and will not be arriving home from that until Sunday, May 28th. Therefore, the Daily Devotions will not return until May 29th. Sorry for the interruption of these and I appreciate your understanding. See you then.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:35 pm

Ignore this post.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sanji07 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey, I'm just wondering how these daily devotionals work. (sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking ^^;; ) I read a devotion every day at school and I try to read a chapter from the Bible. Is this board specifically for people who do not do/are not able to have a devotion?
Sanji07

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Previously, a member here provided devotionals for the edification of whoever chose to read them. They could be used as a primary devotion or supplemental. In any case, Rev Doc is no longer able to provide this, so the board is mostly unused.
uc pseudonym

Postby Sanji07 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks I was just curious. ^_^
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 am

Bump
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Sanji07 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:46 pm

I think someone should start posting devotions again. They could make up their own or give credit and post some out of a book. ^_^
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:27 am

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chanmbers is a really awesome devotional.

Here is today's reading:

The Law and the Gospel

"Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)

The moral law does not consider our weaknesses as human beings; in fact, it does not take into account our heredity or infirmities. It simply demands that we be absolutely moral. The moral law never changes, either for the highest of society or for the weakest in the world. It is enduring and eternally the same. The moral law, ordained by God, does not make itself weak to the weak by excusing our shortcomings. It remains absolute for all time and eternity. If we are not aware of this, it is because we are less than alive. Once we do realize it, our life immediately becomes a fatal tragedy. "I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died." (Romans 7:9) The moment we realize this, the Spirit of God convicts us of sin. Until a person gets there and sees that there is no hope, the Cross of Christ remains absurd to him. Conviction of sin always brings a fearful, confining sense of the law. It makes a person hopeless--"...sold under sin." (Romans 7:14) I, a guilty sinner, can never work to get right with God--it is impossible. There is only one way by which I can get right with God, and that is through the death of Jesus Christ. I must get rid of the underlying idea that I can ever be right with God because of my obedience. Who of us could ever obey God to absolute perfection!
We only begin to realize the power of the moral law once we see that it comes with a condition and a promise. But God never coerces us. Sometimes we wish He would make us be obedient, and at other times we wish He would leave us alone. Whenever God's will is in complete control, He removes all pressure. And when we deliberately choose to obey Him, He will reach to the remotest star and to the ends of the earth to assist us with all of His almighty power.

So what do you guys think? Want to go through this one?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby GeneD » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:10 am

Are there any plans at the moment/in the near future to re-introduce the devotions as a permanent fixture? Who should I talk to if I'm interested in getting this up and running again?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby MBlight » Wed May 21, 2008 10:38 pm

I think that would be awesome!!! I'll help too!
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 22, 2008 1:10 pm

The only way this feature will return is if there is another member similar to Rev Doc - theologically trained and trusted by the staff. Otherwise, I'm afraid there won't be daily devotionals for a long while.
uc pseudonym

Postby Paxdroca » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 am

Hmmm...
I've had a rough year. I had surgery, my dad and step-mom lost their jobs, and my mom was close to it, as well.
It's all good, though, because my dad's getting a job that pays significantly better than the last one he had!!
I'm so happy! Whoo!
"If you can't fit it, edIT!" Proud member of MOES!

"Fear is the mind killer.
"Fear is like little death that brings total obliteration.
"I will face my fear.
"I will permit it to pass over and through me.
"I WILL NOT FEAR."
- Kaishi, Way of the Shinobi

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
- Jesus.
Jesus loves RPers, and so should you.
Paxdroca

Postby Reon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:29 am

Sheenar (post: 1180097) wrote:My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chanmbers is a really awesome devotional.
So true. Its on of the only ones I really read only because it feels like hes always just pointing back to God, every devotional. I'm careful to read others, with this one although I'm still careful - I've gotten confirmations from God multiple times when reading this. Its been a blessing.
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby animeguild53 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:14 am

..love it! count me in... hehehe...
animeguild53

Postby Kankokujin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 am

This is a great idea. If it isn't too much trouble, can I suggest each devotional be it's own thread? That way, we can keep track of all them as they can be very important for our spiritual growth.
おれはクリスチャンだ!
Kankokujin

Postby talitha cumi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 am

I agree with Kankokujin.

so, can any of us start new threads about the daily devotionals?
[SIZE="1"][color="DarkOrange"]somewhere between the hot and the cold
somewhere between the new and the old
somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

somewhere between the wrong and the right
somewhere between the darkness and the light
somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
[color="Lime"][SIZE="4"]LORD[/SIZE][/color], somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

[by Casting Crowns][/color][/SIZE]
talitha cumi

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:22 am

keg504 (post: 1444996) wrote:just wondering, but how do i access these devotions? i'dlove to see them.

If you look at the bottom of the threads you see, you'll see something that says 'show all threads' from 'last month'. You should change that to 'the beginning', click 'show', and will be able to see all the threads that have been posted to this site.
Atria35

Postby Juliannesan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I love My Utmost for His Highest. One of the best daily devos out there.
But Scripture reading everyday, nothing beats that. ^_^

I'm reading through the Bible right now, and it's really awesome. If any of you haven't yet, I definitely recommend doing it.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Previous

Return to Devotional Readings