This really hit me...

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

This really hit me...

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:51 am

This is an excerpt from the book I'm reading --Lord, I Want to be Whole by Stormie Omartian

"We often speak what we hear the devil saying to our minds and think it's truth: 'You're such a failure. You'd be better off dead.' Or we repeat to ourselves what someone else said to us years ago: 'You're worthless. You'll never amount to anything.' The Bible says, 'You are snared by the words of your mouth' (Prov. 6:2). That includes our silent messages to ourselves as well as what we speak aloud. We can't be healed if we continually speak bondage upon ourselves and infect our own emotions. We need to learn exactly who's talking in our minds. Is it the voice of God, is it our flesh, or is it the devil?"

How often I repeat to myself these things...instead of repeating the truth of who God's Word says I am.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Angel Tifa » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Wow Sheenar :)! This is an interesting topic. I do find myself reminiscing on these bad things when people have told me "you're retarded and you'll never be successful" from time to time when I hear people brag about "oh how much money I make at only age 17" or how successful they are or the yuppies they are because their parents made so much money :bang:.
I hear that all the time from one of the students in my class and it can be a big downer.

I've also been in a huge slump these past few days because I haven't been doing so good with math as a whole which is bringing my GPA down :sniffle:.

When times like this happens, I just have to keep repeating to myself how God is always there for me and all this is is a test.

Also Stormie Omartian is a great author imo :cool:. Have your read some of her prayer books? I read this one called "Prayers for Emotional Wholeness" which is a daily prayer book and is very emotionally soothing.
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby Sheenar » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:18 am

No, I haven't read any of her other books, but I plan to. I next want to read Better Health God's Way. She mentions it a lot in this book and now I want to read it...

I hope you do well on your tests and try not to stress so much. God's in control. He'll take care of you. ;)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Saint Kevin » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:38 am

Yeah, Satan is called "The accuser" for good reason. We have to guard ourselves (and others) against negative expectations that can become self-fulfilling.

What did you mean by "speaking bondage?"
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:15 pm

If you speak something negative to yourself enough, you will believe it. And because you believe it, you are bound by it -- you believe the lie instead of God's truth.

Sheenar

Return to Devotional Readings