May 31, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 31, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed May 30, 2007 5:21 pm

The Ruin Of Riches

"When Jesus heard this, he said to him, 'You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.' When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth."
Luke 18:22-23

Perhaps the most famous gold strike in American history occurred in January 1848 when a man named John Marshall found gold at Sutter's Mill in northern California. The find set off a gold rush that reached a frenzied pitch and even attracted prospectors from Europe--but it ruined Marshall and John Stutter, the man who owned the land where gold lay for the taking. Sutter's land was overrun by gold seekers, his cattle were stolen, and he was driven into bankruptcy. Marshall died drunken and penniless.

Prayer: Ask the Lord to help you not let wealth ruin your relationship with Him.

"Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money."
~Anonymous
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:55 pm

Amen!
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby marcjames07 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:33 am

Amen.... This preach really striked myself....

JESUS... YOUR NAME IS ABOVE ALL NAMES!!!

With your majesty here.. I fall into my knees...

I LOVE YOU ENDLESSLY!!!
marcjames07

Return to Devotional Readings