May 7, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 7, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun May 06, 2007 2:18 pm

The Finger Pointing Back

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Matthew 7:2

In his little book Illustrations of Bible Truth, H.A. Ironside pointed out the folly of judging others. He related an incident in the life of a man called Bishop Potter. "He was sailing for Europe on one of the great transatlantic ocean liners. When he went on board, he found that another passenger was to share the cabin with him. After going to see the accommodations, he came up to the purser's desk and inquired if he could leave his gold watch and other valuables in the ship's safe. He explained that ordinarily he never availed himself of that privilege, but he had been to his cabin and had met the man who was to occupy the other berth. Judging from his appearance, he was afraid that he might not be a very trustworthy person. The purser accepted the responsibility for the valuables and remarked, 'It's all right, bishop, I'll be very glad to take care of them for you. The other man has been up here and left his for the same reason!'"

Prayer: Ask the Lord to help you resist being judgmental of others.

"Given half a chance, people often crawl out of the boxes into which we've relegated them."
~Larry D. Wright
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 07, 2007 8:54 am

Yep, something we always have to remember. When we make a fist, we have 4 fingers pointing back at us.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Devotional Readings