November 22, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

November 22, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:44 pm

In The Hands Of The Master

"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the Lord. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel."
Jeremiah 18:6

In 1502 in Florence Italy there was a large block of marble given to a church in Santa Maria, the church immediately hired someone they thought was a professional to sculpt this enormously huge piece of rock. The man was not a professional and soon after commencing this great task the man drilled a whole right at the bottom destroying the magnificent piece of marble. The church decided to drape a huge sheet over it not knowing what else to do, since it had been damaged beyond recognition and repair.

A certain man, Michaelangelo caught word of this large stone and how it had been destroyed, so out of curiosity he went to check it out and thought "hey I think I can do something here" and after some time he began to work and sculpt; and what was once thought to be a lost cause became one of the greatest statues of David ever.

There are many today who feel like that gigantic slab of marble, things have been done to them and something is broken inside. But in the capable hands of the Master, they can be molded into all that Jesus has called them to be.

Prayer: Ask God to heal the pain and shape your life into what He wants it to be.

"On days when life is difficult and I feel overwhelmed, as I do fairly often, it helps to remember in my prayers that all God requires of me is to trust Him and be His friend. I find I can do that."
~Bruce Larson
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings