August 24, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

August 24, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Always Room For Improvement

"But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant."
Colossians 1:22-23

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. was and still is generally regarded as one of the most outstanding justices in the history of the U.S. Supreme Court. He was known as the Great Dissenter because he disagreed with the other judges so much. Holmes sat on the Supreme Court until he was 91. Two years later, President Roosevelt visited him and found him reading Plato. "Why?" FDR asked. "To improve my mind," Holmes answered.

We should have such aspirations that no matter what our age, we would want to improve in our walk with the Lord.

Prayer: Ask God to make you determined to learn more as His disciple each day, to stand approved.

"The motto of every missionary, whether preacher, printer, or schoolmaster, ought to be 'Devoted for life.'"
~Adoniram Judson
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby martinloyola » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:28 pm

hey doc, this is a great affirmation for me since I've just been given a gift from God and my church community to go in to EFM education for ministry (a program for any and all lay people) its to help study up your head knoweledge and see if that lines up with your activities (getting believing and living to line up)
with God's help I can "continue in my faith" through this
Vash: In the end...he just couldn't kill a man in cold blood. His daughter's murder goes unpunished. Call him weak, but...it saved both of us.

want to tell your fantasy or science fiction story and need help, try here :cool:

Headbangers United :rock:
martinloyola

Return to Devotional Readings