big o

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

big o

Postby Shinja » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:37 pm

does anyone here like big o, ive been watching it for the last 2 weeks and its becomeing one of my all time favs, its kinda like trigun and batman combined, which is a kinda cool combination.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Saint » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:39 pm

just went off like 12 min's ago... /// i like it ok, for a tv anime... i do like the opening song better now than what they had before.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby BrianC » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:30 pm

Saint wrote:just went off like 12 min's ago... /// i like it ok, for a tv anime... i do like the opening song better now than what they had before.

I love this show. What do you mean by a "TV anime"? From what I read, the version of Big O showing on Adult Swim is practically unedited. It's being shown in the dub, but the dub is very good, so I don't mind at all.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby MillyFan » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:14 am

I posted a thread on this anime a while back. It's definitely one of my favorites. By the way, did you know that Hajime Yatate is one of the writers? You might remember him from somewhere else.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:59 am

I liked Big O, and if it weren't on at a bad time for me, I'd be watching it too. I can't WAIT to see the new season they're airing; especially if it gives a little more light on the last ending.
One thing I never really got though--and this drove me crazy--but I know Roger's dub voice from somewhere. Is it Tom from Toonami?
Ashley

Postby BrianC » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:18 am

[quote="Ashley"]I liked Big O, and if it weren't on at a bad time for me, I'd be watching it too. I can't WAIT to see the new season they're airing]

Actually, yes, but that probably isn't the only place. David Lucas and Steven Jay Blum are the names he uses. He does voices in the dubs of Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Kikaider, and Trigun, all of which are/were on Cartoon Network. His voice is in alot of anime. I own Ah! My Goddess the movie and I love the dub of it. David Lucas does a great job as Belldandy's former mentor. He is a great voice actor IMO.

I haven't seen the subtitled Big O, but the voices in the dub are very good and David Lucas does a great job. Did you know that Big O was actually more successful in the US than it was in Japan?
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:28 pm

Whoa, he's on Bebop? And trigun?! Who, who?!

And yeah, I can see why it would do better here...it's a lot more like Batman/american-anime titles than the "traditional" anime.
Ashley

Postby MillyFan » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:08 pm

Well, David Lucas did the voice dub for Spike in Cowboy Bebop. That may be one reason why he's so familiar. . .

MillyFan

Postby Retten » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:48 pm

Big O is a cool anime the mecha has a really cool design the new season they are going to air will be great since the last season kinda had a cliff hanger ending :sweat:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Saint » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:27 pm

i am glad to find out about the duel identity of David Lucas.... i was so confused when i heard the same voice and saw a different name in the credits... i figured that in the world of voice actors people just copied each other. i like David Lucas' voice acting. (he also has some of the best outtakes *R.Kenshin* he seems to be a pretty funny guy).
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Kenchii » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:31 pm

Season 2 is has even more action then the first. Big O, is a good series. And yeah, they should move the time to something like around 11:00PM.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby MillyFan » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:30 am

I think that at least for Season 2's first episode, the time is going to be 11:00. Check the schedule-I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

MillyFan

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews