Armitage:Poly Matrix

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Armitage:Poly Matrix

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:00 pm

Yes, I got off my butt and finished watching Poly Matrix. Offical review time...

Violence Ok....this one to me, seemed like it had more violence then Dual Matrix....so yeah...this is not an anime for younger viewers. People get shot in the head quite a bit, people are burned...etc etc. Fair share of violence.

Language Yet again, seemed to me this had more then Dual as well. Things are kept to s-word, among others, Lords name in vain, one or two f words....yet again....not for younger viewers.

Nudity To me, what spoiled Poly Matrix. There are quite a few shots of nudity that really were not needed. We see a woman being painted in the nude early on (passing shot, but nothing is left to the imagination) A woman sits up in bed topless before being shot. (android, but still quite human looking) a siloute shot of Armitage later on as she is standing with someone, she appears topless but all that is shown is an outline. Later on half completed androids are shown (more frontal nudity of women)

Sex There is one implied scene, two people stand kissing before laying down to the ground, camera fades to black and nothing is shown. (why cant all animes that have sex scenes have them implied like this) So as far as sexual content the anime is fine.

I have to say that I felt this anime had a bit to much "stuff" to really save it. While I did enjoy the anime as a whole...I felt the nudity and langauge really was not needed. The violence will push this over the top for many viewers, watching women plead for there lives as they are shot beyond recognition is not something many people enjoy watching.

Score I would say 4 out of 10. If you can only watch one, watch Dual Matrix...not as much "stuff" not as violent, language is not as rough...and there is a lot less nudity. I stress again however...Armitage is not for younger viewers or the faint of heart towards violence.
Stephen

Postby Jimmothy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:30 am

I saw this TV and i agree with you, it is not for younger people. I don't know if I should have even watched it. I wouldn't recommend it.
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby Benu » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:42 pm

Gee, your right it sounds worse than Duel Matrix!
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews