Your Dream Team-up

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Your Dream Team-up

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:57 pm

New murder mystery crossover anime. Two main characters as our odd couple detective duo. Only existing Anime characters allowed.

My picks:
Heiwajima Shizuo (Durarara) and Roy Mustang (FMA)

Go.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Re: Your Dream Team-up

Postby skreyola » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Oh, I don't know about dream team. But, how about Uruhara Kisuke (Bleach) and Ginko (Mushi-shi)?
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Domon Kasshu (G Gundam) and Noriko Takaya (Gunbuster).

Nobody survives.
Davidizer13

Postby Xeno » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:29 am

Char Aznable and Quattro Bagina, who is definitely not also Char Aznable.
Xeno

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:19 am

Break (Pandora Hearts) and the Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji). I don't care that they probably wouldn't solve anything; it would be hyserical.
artisticDreamer

Postby Nocturnalux » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:06 pm

artisticDreamer wrote:Break (Pandora Hearts) and the Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji). I don't care that they probably wouldn't solve anything; it would be hyserical.

That'd be a riot indeed but I don't know, it might very well prove to be a formidable detective duo. While both are highly eccentric they do manage to ferret out information when it's something that concerns them and are quick to connect the dots. They also have no issues with keeping most of the cast in the dark.

My team would be:

Orihara Izaya from Durarara!! and Makishima Shougo from Psycho-Pass. They are both brilliant and have a great interest in humanity's darkest side so they would most definitely be able to solve any given crime. Unfortunately they would probably be responsible for a lot of criminal acts themselves...while happily quoting Hegel, too.
Nocturnalux

Postby Kilvakar » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:45 pm

I'd have to say Kisuke Urahara from Bleach and Ayumu Narumi from Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Nocturnalux wrote:
artisticDreamer wrote:Break (Pandora Hearts) and the Undertaker (Kuroshitsuji). I don't care that they probably wouldn't solve anything; it would be hyserical.

That'd be a riot indeed but I don't know, it might very well prove to be a formidable detective duo. While both are highly eccentric they do manage to ferret out information when it's something that concerns them and are quick to connect the dots. They also have no issues with keeping most of the cast in the dark.

That is indeed true. They're both a lot smarter than they let on. As long as you're offering the two of them something that they would want (not money, clearly), you can probably get your case solved (with many shenanigans, of course).
artisticDreamer

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 am

Hmm... I think I'll go with L from Death Note and Izaya from Durarara...Let's see how well that goes...
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Sheenar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Jimmy Kudo (Case Closed), of course --and he can partner up with Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Fai from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Oreki Houtarou from Hyouka. Except it would really just be Fai amusing himself by watching Oreki solve the mystery. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Because Fai already knows everything.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Nate » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 am

Pikachu and Sephiroth.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:04 am

Nate wrote:Pikachu and Sephiroth.

I would watch this.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:40 pm

You win the thread.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:24 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:

I would watch this.

Ditto. X) For some reason, I feel like that would be something like this...

lol.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby LastLfan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:24 am

Pikachu and sephiroth would be amazing, and kudos for the dark laser reference.

I'd say L from death note and spike from cowboy bebop, they'd be like finch and Reese in person of interest.
LastLfan

Postby Kraavdran » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:49 am

Shana (Shakugan no Shana) and Kanade/Angel (Angel Beats!) would make a hilarious team. Although, I doubt that they would make an effective detective duo. It would most likely be a comedy of errors style detective show/movie.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby SupraKahn » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Killua (Hunter x Hunter) and Hei (Darker than Black).
Because one electrical assassin isn't enough!
SupraKahn

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:06 am

Guts 'Berserk' and Edward 'Cowboy Beebop'
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews