Anime related merchandise

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime related merchandise

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Thought I'd start a thread for those who have anime related merchandise.

I visited a Japanese / English + cross-cultural book store yesterday and did not expect to find this:

I know it's not as nice as the FineMolds one, but I've wanted something like this for so long .... hence it was an instant-buy for me. :)
Sammy Boy

Re: Anime related merchandise

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:18 pm

I've got some little FMA figurines of Ed, Winry, Izumi, and Havoc that a friend picked up for me when she went to Japan. I've also got a Death Note pin with L eating a donut on it, and an L plushie a friend made for me. And an FMA (first series!) pocketwatch. But that's about it. I usually spend my money on the actual anime, rather than merch :P
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:38 am

I have a Haikyuu! volleyball shirt, but other than that not really anything. When I went to AWA last year, and especially when I was in Japan, there were so many things I wanted to buy, but anime stuff is so expensive. :/ I'm a cheapskate.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 am

Most anime merch is pretty expensive, so I don't really have the money to buy that much, but I do occasionally pick up anime shirts and wristbands from Hot Topic when they have some for ones that I like.

I have wristbands for Attack on Titan (two for AoT), Sword Art Online, and Blue Exorcist; and t-shirts for Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist.

If you count the action figures that I have from the days when the Transformers shows were anime, then I my anime merch count goes way up, lol.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Nocturnalux » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:50 pm

I don't have much I have this beauty:

It's Tieria Erde from Gundam 00.

I also have a wonderful Izaya pillow, some Evangelion stuff (two Kaworu shirts, one Kaworu iphone case, a Kaworu cookie can); an Alvis figure that came with the Last Exile DVDs (when I'd rather have Dio) and recently I got this as a freebie from the Free! doujin I ordered for Christmas:

Nocturnalux

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I've got some little FMA figurines of Ed, Winry, Izumi, and Havoc that a friend picked up for me when she went to Japan. I've also got a Death Note pin with L eating a donut on it, and an L plushie a friend made for me. And an FMA (first series!) pocketwatch. But that's about it. I usually spend my money on the actual anime, rather than merch :P

True, I think the Laputa Robot Soldier is probably the only anime merchandise I have. That anime film has such a special place in my heart. :)

ClaecElric4God wrote:I have a Haikyuu! volleyball shirt, but other than that not really anything. When I went to AWA last year, and especially when I was in Japan, there were so many things I wanted to buy, but anime stuff is so expensive. :/ I'm a cheapskate.

I wouldn't call you a cheapskate. You are just "budget-conscious". And why shouldn't you be? Things are not going to get cheaper as the years go by.

Thunderscream872 wrote:If you count the action figures that I have from the days when the Transformers shows were anime, then I my anime merch count goes way up, lol.

I don't consider US cartoon version's of Transformers as anime, but it sounds like you've a wonderful collection nonetheless. LOL. :)

Nocturnalux wrote:I don't have much I have this beauty:

It's Tieria Erde from Gundam 00.

That chibi figure looks serious but cute at the same time. Heheh.
Sammy Boy

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Sammy Boy wrote:I don't consider US cartoon version's of Transformers as anime,

I was talking about RiD (2000), Armada, Energon, and Cybertron which all were anime as far as I know. They all have pages on MAL. Still, I don't consider figures from those lines as anime merch. Lol, I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but I think by all standards those shows are anime.

Sammy Boy wrote:but it sounds like you've a wonderful collection nonetheless. LOL. :)

"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:04 am

Thunderscream872 wrote:
Sammy Boy wrote:I don't consider US cartoon version's of Transformers as anime,

I was talking about RiD (2000), Armada, Energon, and Cybertron which all were anime as far as I know. They all have pages on MAL. Still, I don't consider figures from those lines as anime merch. Lol, I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but I think by all standards those shows are anime.

Sammy Boy wrote:but it sounds like you've a wonderful collection nonetheless. LOL. :)

Oh I see. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Those series are definitely anime!
Sammy Boy

Postby Nocturnalux » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah, that's Tieria for you. He is absurdly serious, usually snappy and is one of those Gundam characters that actually gets character development. His cuteness and bad temper are even pointed out *in universe*, which is a feat considering virtually everyone is cute in 00. If I remember correctly, two characters point that that he is cute. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I can't recall if Big Bad Ribbons comments on Tieria's cuteness but he does dance with him. Tieria sure can sure can rock a dress, too
Nocturnalux

Postby Nocturnalux » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Just increased my collection with this adorable Chibizaya strap:

Nocturnalux

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:38 pm

I have a lot of Miyazaki / Ghibli stuff from my trips to Japan, including the obligatory Totoros. My wife owns some Pucca (a Korean anime) memorabilia. I have a stuffed Kyubey that pops in and out of strange places in the house. There are various miscellaneous knick-knacks that came from DVD purchases (both American and Japanese) here and there.

And, buried in some box somewhere, is the slip case part of a Nene Anegasaki body pillow (G-rated version, and unused, of course).
ClosetOtaku

Postby LastLfan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 am

I have a few things, a death note, some shirts, an aot keychain and SAO bracelet and wooden elucidator
LastLfan

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews