Any ghost hunt like anime?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Any ghost hunt like anime?

Postby Anisha93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am

I really love ghost hunt and I want to watch more anime similar to it....so any sugestions?
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Re: Any ghost hunt like anime?

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Ghost Hunt is a really different kind of anime, in that, I don't think there are any a whole lot like it.

MyAnimeList has a list of a bunch of shows people recommend for fans of Ghost Hunt: http://myanimelist.net/anime/1571/Ghost_Hunt/userrecs

Personally, I would recommend Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist). I know it doesn't initially comes off as similar to Ghost Hunt, but some of the concepts are very similar, and some episodes feel like they could be interchanged between both shows. The main difference being that, in Ghost Hunt, ghost, demons, etc. are usually dealt with by chanting, doing a spell, etc. whereas in Blue Exorcist you got more hacking, slashing, shooting--all that good stuff. :cool: Its one of my personal favorites, definitely check it out.

The best thing about Ghost Hunt, imo, were the characters. Houshou Takigawa ("Monk") was my favorite, partially cause he reminded me of Lockon Stratos (Neil Dylandy) from Gundam 00.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Anisha93 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Blue exorcist huh? i shall definitely try it!
My favorite is John be cause he is soo nice and calm! I also like Naru for his good come backs at people.
Thank you!! it is so hard to find similar anime to ghost hunt.
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:31 pm

So if ghost hunts plot is what I think it is, find a spirit, solve a problem, I've got a few suggestions.

Natsume Yujin-Cho - a beautiful peaceful sort of show with an interesting story strongly rooted in Japanese mythology
Occult Academy - action comedy, loud brash and short school show about investigating odd occurrences around a school known for it

So those are the normal ones... For the off the deep end bizarre artsy side I have 2 more.

Mononoke the medicine seller - beautiful... Strange... Dark
Boogiepop Phantom - it's a puzzle... And an anime

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Ghost Stories

But make sure you watch it dubbed. Not subbed. XD The language can be pretty NSFW but it's amazing. I think the episodes are on youtube?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:39 am

Ehhh nice...
i have watched xxxholic...but the plotline gets confusy. i have watched ghost stories sadly in dub and it was ruin!

Anisha93

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews