Fairy Tail

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Fairy Tail

Postby Chronicler1701 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:02 am

Okay, for those of you are caught up in the manga, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: has anyone else noticed that Silver looks similar to Gildarts?
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby Chronicler1701 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 pm

I just noticed that Kawazu, from Grimoire Heart, bears an uncanny resemblance to Kazooie from the Banjo-Kazooie games.
Anyone agree?
Not in looks, but in the attacks he uses.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:46 pm

so anyone caught on the manga and the anime episodes. the animation looks sweet even if it's not perfect.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Chronicler1701 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:11 pm

I am! I agree, although, they REALLY changed Cana's looks. I only recognized her because she was carrying a barrel, obviously of some kinda liquor.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby nillapoet » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Chronicler1701 wrote:I am! I agree, although, they REALLY changed Cana's looks. I only recognized her because she was carrying a barrel, obviously of some kinda liquor.

I hate Cana's new look. And Elfman's. Most of the other ones I don't mind.
nillapoet

Postby nln_rose » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 am

i've watched the dubbed episodes for a while i'm a bit of an on again off again with this series. its really cool for me to see the action. It was the second anime i seriously watched. it can come off as corny and has a little too much fan service, but it still is a great fantasy series with no content (to my knowledge) referencing the occult which i admire it for. I love natsu and grey and all of them, but i have to say my favorite character would have to be Erza. First off her power is so convenient. It's something that could have applications outside of combat.
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 am

Whoever said the Terror of Invisible Lucy was great, come here so I can glare at you. Also, the preceding episode was just painful... I very nearly skipped it altogether. I miss the old Fairy Tail filler episodes, where it was actually fun and not just... inappropriate. I'm not gonna go on another rant about the growing flaws of Fairy Tail, but...*sigh*

Anyhoo. Finally got around to starting to catch up on this. Just past the Tenrou Island ordeal and whatnot. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Alzack and Bisca! Awwwwwww.....Don't particularly like Alzack's new look, but him and that daughter of his... Also, news of Jellal! I can't believe they left us hanging with that, I'm angry now.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:27 am

So you haven't seen the Magic Games arc yet, Claec? I ask because there's one episode you might want to just skip altogether. It's basically nothing but fan service. Without spoiling anything genuinely related to the plot, a very small portion of Episode 163 involves one of Mira Jane's fights near the very end. The rest is largely inappropriate as the two of them, rather than actually fight like in all the other episodes, have some kind of bologna "sexy battle," and soon literally every female character joins the objectification fray. Then some other admittedly funny craziness ensues involving everyone including the male characters, but it doesn't excuse the rest. If you were to just skip the episode entirely and just watch the recap next episode, you probably wouldn't miss a thing... except Juvia in a wedding dress. But you probably don't care about that. (I did :sweat: :red: ; but again, the rest of it was pretty bad imo.)

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:10 pm

I see. Thank you, sir. I appreciate it, and I'll keep it in mind.
(Yeah, Juvia drives me bonkers so little about her is going to excite me.)
ClaecElric4God

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:16 pm

So...I've watched some of the new series of Fairy Tail, and while I'm not that put off by the new art I've got to say I really, really missed the old music. They even got rid of the main theme! :rant: Oh well, still my favorite series, so I'm not going to complain too much...

But yeah, Fairy Tail's "Beach Episode" was WAY over the top. :shake: As we all know, there's just too much fanservice in this show, that can't be denied. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, but every once in a while they kinda make you cringe a little and sigh as you get back to the awesomeness.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Chronicler1701 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 pm

200 episodes already.
In my opinion, Episode 167: "100 Against 1" is still the most epic single episode in the series. First Erza, then Cana.
And then Episodes 173-175; FRIGGIN' AWESOME.
Episode 200: "Droplets of Time." Ultear is now one of my favorite characters.
I also managed to watch the OVA's. My favorite is "Memory Days." The scar on Natsu's neck was made by a terrible person: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: himself. :grin:

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:30 pm

200 episodes!
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pinterest.com/ariannawesomez/
AnaniAnime

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Not related to the anime, but apparently Wendy is getting her own Shoujo manga.

Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Not related to the anime, but apparently Wendy is getting her own Shoujo manga.

That's...weird. Why doesn't Gray get a shounen? *grumble grumble*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:39 pm

He actually does have his own shounen. It's called "Ice Trail." It follows Gray's journey after Ur took out Deliora until he joins Fairy Tail. It's on it's third chapter and the fourth will probably be released in a few days.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:50 am

Oh. Well there goes my opportunity to complain about life.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Kilvakar » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Actually, I've read all of Gray's new series, and it's pretty good so far. Fairy Tail Zero, which is about Mavis and the founding of the guild, is awesome too. Unfortunately, Wendy's spin-off series is nowhere near the quality of the original, Zero, or Ice Trail (Gray's spin-off)...
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Oh boy, I forgot about this. I need to pick that up. Because I totally have time for this kind of stuff.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Also, has anyone seen the Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc in the anime? I really enjoyed the Key of the Starry Sky arc, their first big filler, but I've heard mixed reports about this one...
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Chronicler1701 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm

I didn't like it. My phone is acting weird, so I can't give any specifics, but the fights are so strange, I didn't even bother finishing the arc. If you want specifics, you can PM me.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby nillapoet » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:37 pm

The Celestial Spirit arc was horrible.
nillapoet

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm

That seems to be the consensus, lol! I'll probably skip over that one then, and wait for the Tartarus arc beginning soon!
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Chronicler1701 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Well, the Sun Village arc is set to start on the 4th of April.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant :P Can't wait to see how they do SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the return of the Dragons, although I'm not looking forward to how sad it is that they all have to go right after.
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Chronicler1701 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Yeah, that will be interesting.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:36 pm

I didn't think the Celestial Spirit Arc was so bad, at least for a while. It was interesting seeing the Celestial Spirits in opposite versions of themselves. I quickly got sick of it however. It felt like a bad Bleach filler arc, especially towards the end. And then at the end none of the spirits remembered the events in the arc. Because screw it, right? It may as well have been the "It was all a weird dream" ending.

お仕置きですね、姫?

Mullet Death

Postby Kilvakar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Well, I'll probably watch it, just because... But the Tartarus arc is beginning soon!
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Meeeeeeen! This week's episode is going to be really disturbing, guys! xD Spoiler from the latest manga bonus chapter, which is what it's animating: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Erza and the other ladies with Ichiya's face! Bahahaha! xD I could have gone my whole life without seeing that, and now I get to see it again IN COLOR

Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Kilvakar wrote: But the Tartarus arc is beginning soon!

I'm more excited than I should be. Hype traaaaaiiiin

Mullet Death

Postby Chronicler1701 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Same here. Been waiting since October, when the Games arc ended.

And it covers us.
It is furious.

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Chronicler1701

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews