FMA fans

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

FMA fans

Postby Animeniac » Sun May 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Any Full Metal Alchemist fans? just wanna chat about FMA :D
Phillippians 4:8 KJV

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

I'm going to fight my hardest....I don't want anyone else to die! -Kirito

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Re: FMA fans

Postby Kilvakar » Mon May 19, 2014 6:34 pm

I'm a pretty big fan of FMA: Brotherhood, I didn't like the first anime as much.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby nillapoet » Mon May 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Yeah, I like Brotherhood a lot more than the first one. But I'm only a few episodes in to both.
nillapoet

Postby Flying_leaves » Mon May 19, 2014 8:50 pm

FMA is definitely on my list of top 5 favorite anime. I would love to talk about it! :n_n: Who is your favorite character(s)?
~*~Mel~*~
When life is rough, pray. When life is great, pray.
"...forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God's upward calling." ~ Phillippians 3:13-14
http://flylikealeaf.tumblr.com :grin:

<3~*Sakamichi no Apollon*~<3
Flying_leaves

Postby marro1 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Fma is by far my fav anime (fav show overall in fact). My cosplay is Roy Mustang and I have quite a few figures and a wall scroll. I've seen it all. Tip: Watch the first se3ries first definitely worth the watch, but much better before Brotherhood. Second wait for it to become your fav anime. XD
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby mechana2015 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:17 am

This is in the wrong section of the site.

Moved.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Kilvakar » Tue May 20, 2014 6:07 pm

It's hard for me to name a favorite character, I've always been one to get attached to several characters in any given series. I'd have to say one of my favorite moments is the fight between the Armstrong siblings and Sloth. Armstrong is so awesome! But when Sig Curtis shows up and helps them out... :grin:

Roy Mustang is definitely one of the best, he takes down two Homunculi after all.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Animeniac » Tue May 20, 2014 7:30 pm

my fav fight is Mustang and Lust on Brotherhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hutk_vcdlmI

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return, but once you have overcome it and made it your own...you will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart -Hiromu Arakawa

"Never break the circle....the circle is what binds us together as one as brothers and sisters...you are my bride...you are beautiful"-Elyon (God) on The Circle series By Ted Dekker

Animeniac

Postby marro1 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

Oooh that's a good one. The battle in the first series with Edward and Roy was kinda epic too. XD
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 11:12 am

Netflix didn't finish brotherhood and I was like :mutter: :mutter: :mutter: :waah!: :waah!: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Animeniac

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:16 am

I love both series, and from what I read of the manga I really enjoyed that too <3
*gasps* are we talking about favorite fight scenes now?
Personally the part where Ling shoves a grenade down Gluttony's throat was pretty awesome IMO (though I'm not sure that fits "fight scene" criteria).
I also like when Pride and Alphonse fight.

I'm a little curious as to what scenes everyone thought were the absolute saddest/cried over. For me it's when Ed finds Al's body and can't take him back. I just find it really heartbreaking.

But I think we can all agree Xiao Mei is the cutest thing
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 11:43 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:I love both series, and from what I read of the manga I really enjoyed that too <3
*gasps* are we talking about favorite fight scenes now?
Personally the part where Ling shoves a grenade down Gluttony's throat was pretty awesome IMO (though I'm not sure that fits "fight scene" criteria).
I also like when Pride and Alphonse fight.

I'm a little curious as to what scenes everyone thought were the absolute saddest/cried over. For me it's when Ed finds Al's body and can't take him back. I just find it really heartbreaking.

But I think we can all agree Xiao Mei is the cutest thing

Definitely Hughes Death!! :waah!: :waah!: :waah!: :waah!: :waah!:

Animeniac

Postby Cat96 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm about 5 episodes into brotherhood right now (after completing the original). I can't say what I think of the brotherhood right now other than the fact that the beginning is very rushed compared to the 2003 FMA. I hope brotherhood doesn't disappoint me. I hope for it to be as good as the 2003, if not better.

My favorite fight in the 2003 FMA is either Ed vs. Greed or Ed vs. Mustang. Both were very enjoyable to watch. I love the temper tantrums Ed threw during his fight with Mustang.

The saddest moment for me in the 2003 was either SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hughes's death or during the movie when Ed went to the other side of the gate so he can close the portal. Both scenes brought tears to my eyes.

I love Ed's temper tantrums during the 2003. One of my favorites was right before his fight with Mustang started. When Al was kidnapped and that woman sat in Al's armor, I couldn't stop laughing. Poor Alphonse. :lol: Still, who could blame him. I would find it disgusting if I was a suit of armor and somebody sat in me.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Cat96 wrote:I'm about 5 episodes into brotherhood right now (after completing the original)

What are you watching it on?

Animeniac

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 5:55 pm

FAVORITE HOMUNCULI???

Animeniac

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Cat96 wrote:I'm about 5 episodes into brotherhood right now (after completing the original). I can't say what I think of the brotherhood right now other than the fact that the beginning is very rushed compared to the 2003 FMA. I hope brotherhood doesn't disappoint me. I hope for it to be as good as the 2003, if not better.

It's definitely a little rushed at the beginning, but it paces out as it goes on.

Animeniac wrote:FAVORITE HOMUNCULI???

Not sure if this is directed at anyone in particular but

Envy and Greed SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ling. I also liked Lust in the first series~
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:
Not sure if this is directed at anyone in particular

It's not :n_n:

Animeniac

Postby Cat96 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Animeniac wrote:
Cat96 wrote:I'm about 5 episodes into brotherhood right now (after completing the original)

What are you watching it on?

I have the first set (of brotherhood) on DVD because I had the $ anyway to buy it (my backyard is big for such a small house, so my mother pays me a good amount each week for mowing the yard). I also watch it on Netflix, as it's easier to watch it on Netflix when I have to stay at my dad's house every other weekend. I think Netflix also has the Sacred Star of Milos last time I checked.

For the 2003, I watched the whole series subbed (they only have 1-4 dubbed on there) on hulu and saw Conqueror of Shamballa dubbed before buying the complete series and the movie. Netflix also has this one.

FMA and Brotherhood are some of those rare animes that I like dubbed.

And I went off on a rant again. Sorry! :bang:

:rant:
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Cat96 wrote:
I also watch it on Netflix, as it's easier to watch it on Netflix

NETFLIX DOES NOT FINSH BROTHERHOOD!!!!! Truse me it really ticked me off :bang: :bang: :(

Animeniac

Postby Cat96 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:00 pm

I noticed that. :mutter: Luckily, I'm not at that point so I can sit comfortably until then. But when that time comes, I have a feeling I'll be very mad too.
Cat96

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Cat96 wrote:I noticed that. :mutter: Luckily, I'm not at that point so I can sit comfortably until then. But when that time comes, I have a feeling I'll be very mad too.

It ends as a frikkin CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!

Sorry for the cuss-ish word :comp:

Animeniac

Postby Kilvakar » Wed May 21, 2014 8:14 pm

We bought the whole Brotherhood series on DVD, so we've actually watched the whole thing through a couple of times.

My favorite Homonculus is definitely Greed. I mean, he (sort of) turns good, and he was the only one I was sad to see die.

Also, the ending is definitely one of the most epic of any anime I've seen. :rock: Especially considering many Japanese shows end in really confusing ways...

I have seen the 2003 anime, I actually really liked it up until SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the whole alternate dimension plot twist...
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Animeniac » Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 pm

ATTN: ALL

I have started a chat forum PBP RPG if you have no idea what that is check out the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-by-post_role-playing_game

click here to go to it http://www.christiananime.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65557

HOPE WE HAVE FUN!! :thumb:

Animeniac

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 am

Why have I not posted here yet??? Anyway, I love FMA and FMA Brotherhood! They were what got me back into anime after a six month rut. I honestly love both of them but yeah, Brotherhood is better. I can't pick fav character cause it changes constantly. lol. Fav fight from the original would probably be Ed vs Mustang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikowZCwmx-s and Ed vs Greed. From Brotherhood, probably Greed SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ling vs Wrath http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iiX3nU7PIo and Greed SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ling, Lan Fan, and Fu vs Wrath, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYN9SSVpyPs and Mustang vs Lust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28CRhAObw and Mustang vs Envy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCWRahfmLsk and, and...all of them? lol. Saddest moment? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hughes' death in the original series. I personally found it sadder there. Also Greed and Hohenheim's deaths. :'( I even cried over Envy's death. I think it was because of his speech of not quite understanding humans. And my favorite homunculi would definitely be Greed in both series, Lust from the first, and Pride from Brotherhood (creepy), and Envy. :) On a side note, I must say that I love the gifs in the sigs of Flying Leaves, Animeniac, and Panda4Christ. ^_^
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Animeniac » Thu May 22, 2014 8:05 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote: On a side note, I must say that I love the gifs in the sigs of Flying Leaves, Animeniac, and Panda4Christ. ^_^

Thanks Dude By the way I like Trigun (really need to watch it more) *makes side note* :D

Animeniac

Postby Kilvakar » Sun May 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Yeah, definitely a great series. Actually, my younger brother is an even bigger FMA fan than I am. He's got a huge poster on his wall, and the blanket on his bed has Ed's coat symbol :)
Image Image

Kilvakar

Postby Animeniac » Thu May 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Kilvakar wrote:Yeah, definitely a great series. Actually, my younger brother is an even bigger FMA fan than I am. He's got a huge poster on his wall, and the blanket on his bed has Ed's coat symbol :)

:dizzy: WHERE CAN I GET ONE?????

Animeniac

Postby marro1 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Animeniac wrote::dizzy: WHERE CAN I GET ONE?????

My local comic books hop has several, just ask them where they keep their wall scrolls, that's what anime posters are. You can also find them on Ebay and Amazon.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri May 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Funny you mention about FMA. Getting Wallscrolls and other items, seeing scans. At first when FMA brotherhood was coming out, I wasn't able to tell the difference of both the original FMA and brotherhood but after paying close attention to the animation and the look of the series. I can instantly tell if a wall scroll or scans is from which series. Brotherhood has brighter colors and look more closer to Arakawa's manga in the 2nd half of the series. while the first series uses dated animation and looks more like the beginning chapters of FMA. I cant instantly tell which series a scan is from and I love pointing it out on fans of the series. to be honest I can't stand the original and only watch Brotherhood which follows Arakawa sensei's original story. the original is too depressing and too much angst. characters like Al and Winry get shafted(Al almost suppose to be as much as the main character as Ed, common)don't get me started on the romance on that series.
Rzerox21xx

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 30, 2014 7:57 pm

FMA is absolutely my favorite story ever. I fell in love almost instantly with the first series, then was absolutely devastated by the way it ended (seriously, I was depressed for a week). CoS only made matters worse. But then I discovered the manga, fell in love all over again, and waited impatiently for a new chapter every month. Then Brotherhood came out, and after it got past the rocky beginning, I really enjoyed it! The manga is by far the best version, but I think the best viewing experience is to watch the first series through episode 30-ish (the point where it really started diverging from the manga storyline, with the introduction of their version of Wrath), and then switch over to the corresponding part of the Brotherhood storyline. The OVAs for the first season are really lame, but I love the Brotherhood OVAs (and the 4-koma theater :lol: ). The side stories are really entertaining, and often reveal just a bit more about the characters' personalities. The shoujo spoof with Izumi's story is one of the funniest things I've ever seen :lol: Sacred Star of Milos was a fun movie, but not particularly outstanding. At least it has the distinction of being the only anime to adequately explain why blood sprays everywhere when someone gets stabbed :forehead:

My favorite characters are the Elric brothers (tied). Their personalities are so dynamic, deep, and interesting, and they complement each other so well. Their bond is breathtaking, and they can often be side-splittingly hilarious and inspirational at the same time. Mustang is a close second; I love how principled he is (especially in the manga/Brotherhood), and how much he cares about everyone. He's also just really cool :cool: Third place goes to Hughes. He was originally my favorite character, before I'd completely fallen in love with the Elric brothers, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: and obviously before he dies T_T He's hilarious, but I also think it's wonderful how dedicated he is to his family.

There are so many awesome battles in FMA, but probably my favorite one is the extended Mustang vs. Envy fight. I never thought Arakawa-san would actually go that far, so when she did...it was amazing.

Scenes I cried for:
First anime - Nina, Hughes, Scar's SPOILER: Highlight text to read: death scene and pretty much the entire last couple episodes :waah!:
manga - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: When it seems like Lust has killed Mustang, when Hawkeye stops Mustang from killing Envy, and when Ed finally calls Hohenheim 'Dad'
Brotherhood - I think I might've gotten a few tears in my eyes for Hughes, but since I already knew what was going to happen, it didn't affect me as much.

My favorite Homunculus from the first series is Lust. I think she got the best character development out of all of them. I really felt sorry for her, and I always love it when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: bad guys temporarily work alongside the good guys. In the manga/Brotherhood version, my favorite is Pride, because...he's just so creepy!

Hey guys, if you had to pick JUST ONE FMA opening or ending as your absolute favorite, which would it be? For me, I think I'd have to choose "Again," because from the moment it started playing the first time I watched the first episode of Brotherhood, a thrill of excitement and wonder rushed through me. I still can't get over how cool it sounds. I think it does an amazing job of capturing the feel of FMA.
the_wolfs_howl

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews