What?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What?

Postby marro1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:45 pm

So I started Ouran High School Host Club, and it is the weirdest thing I've ever seen, but it's hilarious so I'm gonna finish it. :p
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Re: What?

Postby skreyola » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah, that's Ouran. It gets really good near the end, but that didn't make it a great series, for me. Hope you enjoy it.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Yes! Ouran. You must finish it and then read the manga! :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:16 am

^ Yes, *definitely* read the manga! :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Hahaha, Ouran. I almost gave up on this series at first, to be honest. But I'm glad I didn't. I laughed harder at Ouran than any other anime, or perhaps any form of entertainment ever. Enjoy.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby scribbledreamer » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:18 pm

I've watched the first two episodes...It hasn't fully caught my attention yet, but I do plan on finishing it. I just keep getting distracted. :P My library has the manga, though. For those of you who have read that too, is it better to watch or read it first?
scribbledreamer

Postby PandaPop » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 am

hmm...everyone is now making me want to give it a second try. I started it a long while ago and I just wasn't feeling it, I didn't hate it but it lost my attention far too quick, perhaps I will give it another shot!
PandaPop

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 am

PandaPop, I would suggest giving it another go. The only thing that kept me going was my pet peeve about not finishing something, but after the first few episodes, it's definitely worth it.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: A little too much humor in the boy love department, in my opinion, but otherwise a hilarious show.
Though if it's not your cup of tea, I wouldn't push you into watching it. It's not necessarily a "must watch". Unlike Tsubasa.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 pm

scribbledreamer wrote:I've watched the first two episodes...It hasn't fully caught my attention yet, but I do plan on finishing it. I just keep getting distracted. :P My library has the manga, though. For those of you who have read that too, is it better to watch or read it first?

I always recommend watching first and then reading. That way you can enjoy the anime without picking out everything that doesn't follow the manga. lol. :n_n:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby radical edward » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 am

If you thought Ouran was strange, you have no idea. There are much stranger titles out there, believe me.
Paranoid Agent comes to mind.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby marro1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:51 am

LOL. It was just the shock of everything at the beginning. :P I finished it, and now it is one of my favorite animes.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Haha the first couple of episodes are pretty disconcerting xD Then you get used to it and love it forever. My favorite is Mori
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews