What you think of Shipping Couples in Anime/Manga

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What you think of Shipping Couples in Anime/Manga

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:38 am

Hiro Mashima has his own twitter account where he post his art and he does couple arts that implies something. Sometimes it can be take the wrong way. Fans Celebrate Gruvia week(April, yes there are different times to celebrates pairings. Last Janurary was Naruhina month with a different theme each day) and Mashima during that week posted a Gray and Juvia together and he seems to love posting pictures of that certain couple together. Same with Gajeel and Levy, he did a summer series where he posted a drawing of Gray and Juvia together and one with Gajeel and Levy together. Sometimes he does do things that feel trollish or it depends whether the fans take it the wrong way. For example, last year during Valentines days, he did a sketch of Lucy giving chocolates to someone and then later on White Day(in japan girls give chocolates in valentines day to friends lovers family, and guys do vice verse on white day) the sketch is Gray. so shippers took as in a Gray and Lucy moment despite being far few compare to you know the many moments between Gray and Juvia. Mashima also did sketches of Erza with Jellal, a couple that had SPOILER: Highlight text to read: a "did they or did they not" kiss scene. the only reason he back off from the kiss is to punish himself for his sins when he was possessed. Yeah I love Fairy Tail and I hope Kodasha usa released Mashima first hit, Rave so I can get it.

yeah apparently Janurary is Naruhina month and July is Sasusaku month, last week was Gajevy week and April is Gruvia Week. Interesting there are times of the month, fans celebrate a particular ship and has different themes each day to do fanart and fanfics on. I admit, I enjoy those weeks of my preferred ships.

today a recent announcements was made that there will be extra chapters starting spring on Fairy Tail with color pages, one of the chapters dedicated to Gray and Juvia. fans are quite please including I, I just hope it won't be completely just comedy.
Rzerox21xx

Postby EHeroAndrew » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 pm

I love Fairy Tail too. I'm mostly in the NatsuxLucy bandwagon. Though I hate it when the main hero like Natsu is totally oblivious to his love interest.
EHeroAndrew

Postby Rzerox21xx » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:25 am

EHeroAndrew wrote:I love Fairy Tail too. I'm mostly in the NatsuxLucy bandwagon. Though I hate it when the main hero like Natsu is totally oblivious to his love interest.

Most Heroes in shounen manga are oblivious to love, or just stupid about it or take their sweet time to respond. Goku married Chichi due to a promise and not knowing what marriage mean't. We still don't know how Naruto thought of SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hinata love confession but there were positive moments on that ship.
Rzerox21xx

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:04 pm

I almost always just go for the canon pairings, because those are usually the only ones that make any sense. There are only a few occasions where I don't like canon pairings (like AlMei from FMA, or ClareXRaki from Claymore). I think the only case in my reading/watching where it's actually ambiguous enough to ship one pairing or another is D.Gray-man. I can definitely see AllenXLenalee, but I'm rather partial to LaviXLenalee ^_^
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:16 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I can definitely see AllenXLenalee, but I'm rather partial to LaviXLenalee ^_^

*highfives* I'm not the only one ;w;
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Rzerox21xx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:09 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I almost always just go for the canon pairings, because those are usually the only ones that make any sense. There are only a few occasions where I don't like canon pairings (like AlMei from FMA, or ClareXRaki from Claymore). I think the only case in my reading/watching where it's actually ambiguous enough to ship one pairing or another is D.Gray-man. I can definitely see AllenXLenalee, but I'm rather partial to LaviXLenalee ^_^

I like Mei, she compliment Al, who else you wanted Al to end up with? D.grayman, wow, I was into that series and then well I sold it. Katsura sensei keeps getting sick and its going to hiatus, there hasn't been a new chapter in years.
Rzerox21xx

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:20 am

Rzerox21xx wrote:I like Mei, she compliment Al, who else you wanted Al to end up with?

I actually don't have any canon characters in mind to pair up with Al. None of them really seem to complement Al the way I think they should. AlMei is funny as a crush, but I don't like it when it's taken seriously. I just don't see it working. I think Al should end up with someone, but I just don't think we've ever been introduced to her. (My solution was to make an OC that I thought would fit with him, which admittedly is a rather selfish solution.)
the_wolfs_howl

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 am

I admit to get invested a bit, whether it's in anime, manga, Vocaloid, sometimes video games, and even indie visual novels. I don't get into debate wars with people, though; I see not point. People have a right to ship who they want, whether I agree with them or not. For example, the shipping wars in Vocaloid is ridiculous since they are just singing synthesizers, you can pair them with anyone since they act like actors XD I do prefer certain Vocaloid couples, though, but do not hate they other pairs either. Same with anime, manga, and games... though I am happy if the couple I root for is canon, they're the most natural. Though some couples forever remain vague, like it seems so canon yet it's never actually confirmed XD
AnimeGirl

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:31 am

AnimeGirl wrote:I admit to get invested a bit, whether it's in anime, manga, Vocaloid, sometimes video games, and even indie visual novels. I don't get into debate wars with people, though; I see not point. People have a right to ship who they want, whether I agree with them or not. For example, the shipping wars in Vocaloid is ridiculous since they are just singing synthesizers, you can pair them with anyone since they act like actors XD I do prefer certain Vocaloid couples, though, but do not hate they other pairs either. Same with anime, manga, and games... though I am happy if the couple I root for is canon, they're the most natural. Though some couples forever remain vague, like it seems so canon yet it's never actually confirmed XD

I understand that thought of a series ending without any confirmation whether a couple is canon or not. for example. beelzebub just ended and despite being a spinoff later SPOILER: Highlight text to read: no couples were confirm athough Oga and Hilda seems likely and Soul Eater only 1 couple ended up canon SPOILER: Highlight text to read: and none of the main characters..

I hope Bleach end up with a few couples, especially snice Kubo did such a beautiful scene with SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Orihime with a sleeping Ichigo before she left for Hueco Mundo
Rzerox21xx

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews