What Anime Character do you most wish you could be like?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What Anime Character do you most wish you could be like?

Postby SierraLea » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 pm

This isn't just a thread for characters whom you admire. Which would you aspire to BE? Have you ever seen a character that made you try harder at something?

For me, It's Fakir from Princess Tutu. It's not his dancing that I want to be like. He is so passionate and willing to fight for what he thinks is right, and has the skills to back it up, although he stumbles and falls sometimes. But he's human. I also wish I could love and accept people like he does. He wasn't going to give up on Duck even after she permanently turned back into a bird. That is the kind of love I want to give to the someone God hopefully puts in my life. I also want to be like him as a writer, even if that is more his inheritance than anything else. His line, "Let go of me D*** you! I have to write!" Pops into my head whenever I'm getting crazy about a story and need to finish it. He inspires me a lot.
SierraLea

Re: What Anime Character do you most wish you could be like?

Postby KnightOfFive » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am

For me it'd have to be Max Sterling. He's not the coolest guy out there but he makes up for it with his courage in combat, undeniable skill, and general strength of character. Even as one of the top aces in the fleet he's still a down to earth nice guy.
KnightOfFive

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:41 pm

I really want to be like Rakka from Haibane Renmei. I want to be the friend who feels deeply for other people's hurts, and does something about them. Even though she has regrets and confusions and doesn't always know what to do, she never gives up on people even when they've given up on themselves. Another way I want to be like her is how she overcomes her own depression and then turns around and uses what she's learned to help others.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Oberstein.
Ante Bellum

Postby steenajack » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Probably Tohru Honda...or her mother. They're both really kind individuals. Tohru's a bit naive, but I love her caring outlook on others, and I wish that I was caring and empathic as that sometimes.
steenajack

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am

I wish I could be like Taichi Mashima in strength of character and/or level of sexiness.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm

I would also want to be like Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. She is sweet and accepting, and somehow has the wonderful ability to be a constant support and encouragement to everyone around her.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby iceninja » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:15 pm

I would like to be like Black Star from Soul Eater. I don't want to surpass God(haha), but I highly admire his nonstop motivation, and his unstoppable physical abilities. While he has plenty of obvious faults, I found he made me want to get to work more than anything, and that is something more people like me need. Not to mention he is a ninja.
Prior Preparation prevents poor performance.
iceninja

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews