Favorite animes

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Favorite animes

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm

What are your favorite animes? ^^
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Re: Favorite animes

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

hummm, it's hard to choose but...
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle(s)
XXXHolic
Soul Eater
Trigun
Tokyo Mew Mew
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Let's see...

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Gunbuster
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Redline

That's about it, really.
Davidizer13

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 pm

I've only heard about 2 of those Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles and Trigun. But I really love XXXHolic, Soul Eater, and Tokyo Mew Mew. My favorites have to be Sgt. Frog, Soul Eater, Ao No Exorcist, Hetalia ( I had to convince my mom to let me watch XD), Ouran High School Host Club, FMA, and a ton more but you get the idea ^^'.
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Crossfire » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:36 pm

This is a hard question for me, as my rankings constantly change when I watch new series. That being said... Full Metal Panic! is one of the series responsible for getting me into anime, as is Area 88 (OVA and the remake). Gundam is somewhere up there as well, but I think I'm more a fan of the models than I am of the actual show. (Please, put down the rocks)
Crossfire

Postby Koneko-chan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 pm

I've watched about an episode of Full Metal Panic! But I got really busy then never got around to it. *Fails*

Koneko-chan

Postby KnightOfFive » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 pm

How many should I list? The first few that come to mind would be:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist
Robotech/Macross
Code Geass
Bleach
KnightOfFive

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 pm

I've been wanting to watch Code Geass and Bleach for a while. But I have like, no idea what's in it. I wanna watch Bleach, really bad. But I can't find it on Netflix, and it has it on Hulu I think but I'd prefer the English dub. I've heard of all of those, I hear their pretty good.

Koneko-chan

Postby rstewart424 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 pm

My favorite is a three way tie between FMA: Brotherhood, Trigun and Beck: MCS. Others I like are Bleach, Baccano!, Fruits Basket, Soul Eater, Ouran,Haibane Renmei, Code Geass, and Bunny Drop(adoorable series).
rstewart424

Postby rstewart424 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Koneko-chan wrote:I've been wanting to watch Code Geass and Bleach for a while. But I have like, no idea what's in it. I wanna watch Bleach, really bad. But I can't find it on Netflix, and it has it on Hulu I think but I'd prefer the English dub. I've heard of all of those, I hear their pretty good.

You used to be able to find ALL of the dubbed bleach episodes on [mod snip], but they shut down for some reason X(
You could try:
[mod snip: Linking to illegal streaming sites is against site rules]
most of the mirrors should work.
rstewart424

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm

My personal favorites:

Clannad (at the top of my list.)
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Hyouka
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Hikaru no Go
Zeldafan2

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Thank you~

I watched a few episodes of the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya with my cousin! :DD

Koneko-chan

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Koneko-chan wrote:Thank you~

I watched a few episodes of the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya with my cousin! :DD

Yes. Very funny and enjoyable series, even if its risque humor did irk me a little bit (despite the fact I felt it was funny.)
Zeldafan2

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm

rstewart424 wrote:You used to be able to find ALL of the dubbed bleach episodes on

Yarr harr, fiddle-dee-dee!
Davidizer13

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:
rstewart424 wrote:You used to be able to find ALL of the dubbed bleach episodes on

Yarr harr, fiddle-dee-dee!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D
Zeldafan2

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:Let's see...

Yeah that.

Also Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Ante Bellum

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Lol, yeah, all in all it was pretty good (Haruhi Suzumiya)

XD whut?

Koneko-chan

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Noein--I forgot Noein.

Postby Oddood198 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Noein--I forgot Noein.

Holy crap, I'm not the only one who watched this?

Anyway, I have terrible trouble picking favorites, but my top five would probably be something like this...

Clannad (Definitely number 1)
Angel Beats!
Shugo Chara!
Madoka Magica
Uhh, I dunno, InuYasha, maybe? That or Tegami Bachi.
Oddood198

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Awesome. Maybe I should start watching Madoka Magica, since I keep hearing about it. ^^

Koneko-chan

Postby Vilo159 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Hm... Well, I haven't watched all that many animes, and I have trouble picking favorites, but my top five would look something like this (in no particular order):

Angel Beats!
Fullmetal Alchemist
Last Exile
Trigun
Mushi-Shi

But I've liked almost every anime I've watched quite a bit, so that list may vary depending on my mood.
Vilo159

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm

I like the one where old guys talk about the merits of democracy vs. autocracy, the one where a dude gets his face smashed into a railroad, the one about the guy who who has to undergo a spiritual journey concerning his place as a human being, the one where the people rally together to fight government censorship, and the one where a bored teenager and the cute girl solve dumb mysteries together.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Wow. Lol.

Koneko-chan

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:03 am

I've always been a big fan of Fushigi Yugi and haven't found an anime that's interested me quite the same since then. Full Moon wo Sagashite was also pretty great.

Oh and Mahoromatic. I love Mahoromatic.

Er...for the plot, of course. And nothing else. <.< >.>

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Neane » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm

I think this is in the wrong place, anyway here's my favorites:

Anime TV Series (In no order):

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Texhnolyze
Monster
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Brigadoon - Marin and Melan
Now and Then, Here and There
Boogiepop Phantom
Simoun
NANA
Terra e... (2007)
The Tatami Galaxy
Princess Tutu
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Anime Movies:

End of Evangelion
The Sky Crawlers
Mind Game
Angel's Egg
Ghost in the Shell
The Garden of the Sinners
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
REDLINE

Anime OVAs and ONAs:

Gunbuster
Eve no Jikan
Cat Soup
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
Neane

Postby Koneko-chan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Eek! Sorry D: , awesome animes though.

Koneko-chan

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Holy crap, I'm not the only one who watched this?

I feel the same way XD

Koneko-chan wrote:Awesome. Maybe I should start watching Madoka Magica, since I keep hearing about it. ^^

Highly reccomend you do, that show is amazing.

Postby eightluvver888 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:58 pm

In no particular order...

Clannad & After Story
Monster
Baccano!
Pandora Hearts
Ouran HSHC
Ergo Proxy
Darker than Black
Spice and Wolf
Paranoia Agent

And as far as movies go, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. :)
eightluvver888

Postby KnightOfFive » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Noein--I forgot Noein.

Noein! I feel so ashamed for forgetting.posting.php?mode=quote&f=23&p=1605367# It remains one of my perennial favorites.
KnightOfFive

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 am

REDLIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEEE. In that same vein, Paprika. What can I say, I'm a sucker for spectacular animation.
Tatami Galaxy too. It's just a mix of good things.

As for stuff that might not make too much sense, I adore Cyber City Oedo 808. It's not even that great. It's a hair metal band meets cyberpunk meets the undead meets WHAT AM I WATCHING. Actually, maybe I love it because it's just so ridiculous.

And...that's it, I guess, without overloading the post with everything I rate highly.
Ante Bellum

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews