How do you do it

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

How do you do it

Postby LastLfan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:28 am

How you guys watch so many series, I have three im wathing si I've been watching at least 2 bleach a day, 1 shaman king a day, and a couple episodes of one outs a week. Does anyone else use a schedule like this. So many series so little time.
LastLfan

Re: How do you do it

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am

I barely watch any anime at all - maybe one or two episodes a day of whatever series I'm following, and a lot of days I don't even watch that. As you can imagine, it takes a while for me to make any headway on any show - the last one I finished was 08th MS Team, and it took 3 or 4 weeks to get through 12 eps, to say nothing about what it'd take if I started following one of the big shonen series.
Davidizer13

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 am

LastLfan wrote:How you guys watch so many series, I have three im wathing si I've been watching at least 2 bleach a day, 1 shaman king a day, and a couple episodes of one outs a week. Does anyone else use a schedule like this. So many series so little time.

How I did it (before I got out of college) was I didn't watch long-running series. Bleach and Shaman King would take too long for me to watch so I never picked them up. The only one I would do (should have done, really) that was longer than the standard 26-episode series were FMA, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, and NANA. I did a lot of research on them ahead of time so I *knew* that they'd be worth the time invested in them (Bleach and Shaman King are known to be flops after the first few arcs, so it simply wasn't worth the time invested). Then I'd marathon what I chose during a holiday or weekend where I had nothing to do.
Atria35

Postby Falx » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 am

I've been watching anime on and off for darn near 15 years now, it adds up. Don't try and catch up to stuff, just take everything at your own pace. I used to devour anime and I ended up burnt out on it for a few years.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby LastLfan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I thought shaman king only had like one or two arcs. But ya the pace I'm going doesn't seem too streneous an what I might do is finsh an arc or two of bleach then take a break from bleach for a couple weeks and focus on something else. I've kinda made it a habit to watch either shaman king or one outs right before bed to kinda relax myself. When I tried to watch death note I went non stop and got burnt out by ep 32, still never really paid much attention to the near and mello arc but I did finish
LastLfan

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm

I schedule mine out throughout a week. Currently, my schedule works like this:
Sundays: Ergo Proxy (2 episodes per Sunday)
Monday-Thursday: Full Moon wo Sagashite and Monster (1 episode each per day)
Saturdays: Kaze no Stigma and Squid Girl (2 episodes each per Saturday)
Oh, and occasionally on Wednesdays, I'll watch a DVD collection. Currently, I'm doing Maria Watches Over Us, one volume every yesterday.
rocklobster

Postby Neane » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Rome wasn't built in a day my friend.
Neane

Postby skreyola » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 pm

I watch anime mostly on Hulu, so it's pretty easy to keep up with lots of titles. I just put them in my queue and watch some every night. If I catch up to the posting schedule, I add the show to my favorites, and Hulu adds new eps. when they are posted.
That's how I watch so many series. I usually don't schedule them out, but I try not to watch more than a couple of episodes from each show. However, I sometimes get caught up in something and end up binging on it until I run out. Which is usually sad, because it means I don't have any more of that great show to watch.
I have some shows in my queue that have been on hold for months, but I usually don't drop a show until my queue gets huge.
skreyola

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm

I will have weeks where I will watch hardly anything, and others where I will marathon multiple series over a short period of time. I have a semblance of a schedule for stuff that is currently airing but otherwise, I basically watch whatever I feel like watching. I find if I don't allow for any leniency in my schedule, I actually start to dread series. (Ugh, do I really have to watch this today? I want to watch this instead!). And actually... I don't get control of the remote very often in my household, so rather then watch Honey Boo Boo or something, I watch anime. (And if it's a dub, I can multitask with my homework!) In the end, it basically comes down to what I want to watch, the availability of the series (what do you mean I have to wait a week to see what happens next!!!) and if I have time to watch it. :D I haven't seen as many series as some of the others here on CAA though. :)
I actually find watching anime over breaks and holidays to be quite the task! (I watched exactly 1 and a third series over the summer. :/)
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby SierraLea » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 pm

I watch the full series of the short ones, like Angel Beats. They usually don't have a manga counterpart that's available to me, so I get the whole storyline just from the episodes. Others, like Bleach, I have already read, so I only watch the episodes that were super good in the Manga. I have done this with a lot of series, especially Naruto and Bleach.
SierraLea

Postby Vilo159 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't. I pretty much never have time to watch, so when I do I just watch a couple episodes of whatever series I'm on. My daily schedule isn't solid enough to plan it out. As a general rule, I don't watch more than one (or rarely two) series at a time, unless I'm just not in the mood for them and I'll watch some comic relief like Nichijou or something.
Vilo159

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 am

Currently, new episodes for 6-7 different shows come out about one a day. So easy enough to keep up with during the week. On weekends it depends on how my work week went. On marginal weeks I watch 2-3 episodes of whatever I feel like. On bad weeks I'll practically watch an entire show.
Rusty Claymore

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:07 am

I forgot to mention that on Thursdays, I watch one ep of Eureka Seven.
rocklobster

Postby LastLfan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Once I finsh season one of bleach i'm gonna take a couple day break from it, does anyone else take a couple days off from a show inbetween seasons to catch up on other stuff
LastLfan

Postby SierraLea » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 pm

LastLfan wrote:Once I finsh season one of bleach i'm gonna take a couple day break from it, does anyone else take a couple days off from a show inbetween seasons to catch up on other stuff

Definitely. I did that with Yu-Gi-Oh, Bleach, Ranma, and others.
SierraLea

Postby blkmage » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Anime waits for no-one.
( ゚д゚)ハア?
blkmage

Postby LastLfan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Oh cool which Yu-Gi-oh! Did you watch
LastLfan

Postby skreyola » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm

LastLfan wrote:Once I finsh season one of bleach i'm gonna take a couple day break from it, does anyone else take a couple days off from a show inbetween seasons to catch up on other stuff

I took breaks of sometimes months between sets of Bleach episodes... sometimes after watching only one Bleach. Got through it all eventually, though... except some filler I skipped.
skreyola

Postby DarkNozomi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Use the time other people spend socializing or daydreaming. And get creative.

Rather than staring at the wall while you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you can watch 3 episodes per day every day. Also, if you commute by bus or subway for more than 25 minutes, that's another two episodes per day. If you have a break from class anywhere, rather than playing video games or wandering around, get in another episode or two., We're now up to a quarter a season a day.

It comes down to where your values are. If anime means something to you, you'll find the time. Just have to measure your priorities :)
DarkNozomi

Postby Zeldafan2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 am

I can sympathize with you. Often, I don't have time to watch many anime as I'm either busy with schoolwork, or someone else is using the computer (I share one with my dad's). Ultimately, I just remember not to try to compare myself with other members, and just enjoy the anime I watch for what they are.
Zeldafan2

Postby LastLfan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 am

Ya schoolwork does take up a lot of my time, but I'm stoked cause I'm sick. Just me sleep ginger alr and anime till i go to the doctor
LastLfan

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:30 am

I used to watch a lot more when I had more time - my brother and I would pick a series, and watch two or three episodes a day. (I remember marathoning Trigun in three days; that was fun!) Then once the real crunch of high school hit, I had to cut back to one episode a week, and watching shows on my own. I've stuck to this, and it seems to work pretty well in college as well, though it means I get through series much more slowly than a lot of people. It's just the level of priority I give it in my life - it's important to me, but I consider homework and maintaining friendships more important. I also watch several episodes of an anime I've already seen with my roommate, to introduce her to some good shows. I watch a lot more during breaks - usually a 26-episode series over Christmas, and two or three series over the summer, depending on how long they are.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LastLfan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:55 pm

So close to finishing one outs. Just two more eps
LastLfan

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Finishing a lot of series is pretty easy when you start before college and don't really have a social life.

...But seriously, it's just a time management/priorities thing.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 pm

FllMtl Novelist wrote:Finishing a lot of series is pretty easy when you start before college and don't really have a social life.

...But seriously, it's just a time management/priorities thing.

Bah, a social life is overrated. :P I find I actually have more time for anime watching because I am not nearly as social since I moved away to start university.
A_Yellow_Dress

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews