Looking for site to watch Anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Looking for site to watch Anime

Postby Syaoran » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Hello there guys. It has been years since I last been on this site. all is good and it looks like a lot of things have changed. anyway I am looking for a good well known site were I can watch anime in japanese, reason is I am learning how to speak it. so if you know a well known clean anime site were I can watch anime that would be awesome. :n_n:
Syaoran

Postby Vii » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Crunchyroll. It's one of the more well-known ones. They have the most simulcasts and hence have almost exclusively subs (The only ones I've come across that have dubs, in addition to subs, are Code Geass and Eureka Seven)

In terms of "cleanness", it's got some good shows, but it's still anime, so expect some of them to have fanservice and whatnot. If you want specific shows, you could head on over to the anime recommendations thread, and just specify that you want it subbed and on Crunchyroll/legal streaming.
Also, if a show has heavy fanservice, or seriously mature content, then it will warn you when you click on it that it is mature.

Funimation's website has a lot as well, especially subs, since they often don't have dubs up as incentive to buy the actual show.
Funimation has a Youtube channel as well, and a lot of their shows are up on there as well, in case you don't like Funimation's player.

As for content, anything rated TV-MA will require an age verification.

Most legal streaming sites have more subs than dubs in general, so really any of them would do.

EDIT: Also, here's rocklobster's thread with all the legal anime streaming sites and the titles they carry.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=63472
Vii

Postby skreyola » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Hmm... clean? I don't know of any site that isn't a mixed bag, so check the ratings before you watch.

Crunchyroll has already been mentioned. I personally don't like to watch shows there unless I have to, because their ad spooler has some problems (showing the same ad twice, can't switch to fullscreen during the ads, etc.), but they seem to have a wider selection of good shows than my main streaming site.

I do most of my watching at Hulu. I like the way the site is set up. But as I said, you need to check ratings/reviews before watching anything, because while they have many good shows, they also have a lot of ecchi titles and things with graphic violence.

Hope this helps.
skreyola

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:10 pm

guys
Syaoran (post: 1597466) wrote:anyway I am looking for a good well known site were I can watch anime in japanese, reason is I am learning how to speak it.

There aren't many options available. If you're in Japan, you can try Nico Nico Douga. Otherwise, the only other option I know of is KeyHole TV, which essentially streams Japanese TV channels.
blkmage

Postby goldenspines » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Did I miss something? I thought everyone was already linking to sites with anime in Japanese....they have subtitles, but yeah...
Crunchyroll has most if not all of their series in Japanese. And Hulu is a mixed bag in regards to that. Though, yeah, if you don't want subtitles, Blkmage gives the best options, since anime w/o subtitles aren't easy to find.
goldenspines

Postby Vii » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

A lot of video players do give the option to turn subtitles off, though. It's fansubs and such that can't be changed.
Vii

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Oh, I just assumed that Japanese => raw, since I forgot that dubs existed.

Most fansubs are softsubbed nowadays though, so you can definitely turn them off.
blkmage

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 pm

blkmage wrote:the only other option I know of is KeyHole TV, which essentially streams Japanese TV channels.

JPTV is better.

When it works. :O

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Syaoran » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks guys for a selection of sites to look for. I will have a look at all of them and see which on I like. Oh and thanks for the heads up of rating and such.
Syaoran

Postby Syaoran » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 pm

skreyola (post: 1597471) wrote:
I do most of my watching at Hulu.

Hope this helps.

Heads up Hulu can only be used in the USA and not any were else. I live in Canada and I tried to view the site. -_- oh well, at least they are trying to make it so that it can be used world wide.
Syaoran

Postby Syaoran » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:39 pm

goldenspines (post: 1597483) wrote:Blkmage gives the best options, since anime w/o subtitles aren't easy to find.

Would you happen to have the URL for the site. I think I found the wrong site.

http://www.blkmage.net
Syaoran

Postby goldenspines » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Ahaaaaahahaha.
Sorry, I was referring to the CAA member, Blkmage, as in his post above. XD; I apologize for the confusion.
I do recommend his blog (the link you found), though.
goldenspines

Postby Syaoran » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 pm

[quote="goldenspines (post: 1597560)"]Ahaaaaahahaha.
Sorry, I was referring to the CAA member, Blkmage, as in his post above. XD]

ah ok. hahah :lol::lol::lol: I will have to sit down and get a cup of tea and read. ^_^
Syaoran

Postby skreyola » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Syaoran (post: 1597548) wrote:Heads up Hulu can only be used in the USA and not any were else. I live in Canada and I tried to view the site. -_- oh well, at least they are trying to make it so that it can be used world wide.

Oh. Sorry. I forgot about that.
However, I do believe you can watch shows there without the subtitles.
skreyola

Postby Syaoran » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 am

skreyola (post: 1597575) wrote:Oh. Sorry. I forgot about that.
However, I do believe you can watch shows there without the subtitles.

I will see if I can get it to work. Hulu has the same feel as netflix by the looks of it.
Syaoran

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Syaoran (post: 1597466) wrote:Hello there guys. It has been years since I last been on this site. all is good and it looks like a lot of things have changed. anyway I am looking for a good well known site were I can watch anime in japanese, reason is I am learning how to speak it. so if you know a well known clean anime site were I can watch anime that would be awesome. :n_n:

There's no such thing as a "clean anime site". The sites that stream it have a variety of users, so they cater to a number of different ages and tastes.

You have to do the research on individual series to figure out if what you're watching is clean or not. Any 'R'-rated anime require you to have an account proving you're 18 and over, so those you can just avoid.

Anycase, the sites that stream are
-Hulu
-Netflix
-Crunchyroll
-Funimation
-Viz

Though most of these are only available in the US and with subtitles.

Blkmage and Nate gave good ones for streaming raws, though.
Atria35

Postby Yami » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 pm

[mod snip]
[mod snip]

No linking to illegal anime watching sites, please. - goldenspines

(make sure your using add block plus for [mod snip])
Yami

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 pm

^ Those are illegal streaming sites and those aren't allowed to be posted.
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews