Anime - What is Acceptable?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Anime - What is Acceptable?

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am

Atria35 wrote:
Vilo159 wrote:Me personally, I don't come near nudity no matter what the circumstance.

If you ever have children, you might have a hard time with this since when they're little, you kinda have to bathe them.

I'll wear a blindfold when I bathe them and change their diapers. :l
Nate

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Atria35 wrote:
Vilo159 wrote:Me personally, I don't come near nudity no matter what the circumstance.

If you ever have children, you might have a hard time with this since when they're little, you kinda have to bathe them.

.... Seriously, there are anime where there are small children in the bathtub, and that's the extent of the nudity (a la My Neighbor Totoro). You're really bothered with that kind of nudity?

Well, that's obviously a very different situation. Nude children are a whole different thing from nude adults/not children. It's not nearly as likely to bother me, because it's a whole different subject. But even child nudity isn't ideal It's probably not going to be a deal breaker, but I'd rather it not be they there. As far as when I have my own kids, I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.
Vilo159

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Vilo159 wrote:Well, that's obviously a very different situation. Nude children are a whole different thing from nude adults/not children. It's not nearly as likely to bother me, because it's a whole different subject. But even child nudity isn't ideal It's probably not going to be a deal breaker, but I'd rather it not be they there. As far as when I have my own kids, I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

Well, you'd said "no matter what the circumstance", so I couldn't assume that nude kids were actually excluded from such a statment! ;D
Atria35

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:31 pm

You know what I meant. -__- Totally different worlds of meaning between the two.
Vilo159

Postby goldenspines » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I could always give my lecture about the different types of nudity used in different art forms (and in real life) and their symbolism and uses, but I doubt anyone will care. XD;

Basically: Nudity =/= automatic sexual fan service.
Though, I can only assume that not everyone has seen classical artwork and thus doesn't know the history of the nude figure, so I can let it slide.

But anyway, I already posted in this thread a while back answering the OP, so I don't have much more to add since my last post.
goldenspines

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews