The Ultimate Mecha Design(?)

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

The Ultimate Mecha Design(?)

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 am

So I just saw this thread asking basically the same question - what's the ultimate mecha design? Now, this isn't a debate thread - whether or not you consider a design to be the best in existence is entirely up to you. However, if you DO find one that you think the rest of us would like as well, feel free to post about it here (just make sure to include either a picture or a link so that we can see it).

To start off, here are some of my favorites;

Byakushiki

Byakushiki, a high-tech exoskeleton (dubbed "IS" or "Infinite Stratos Unit") capable of one-hit kills. However, not only is its most powerful attack its only attack, it also has a serious drawback - the amount of energy required to attempt the attack is so vast, it actually draws on its own shield energy to initiate any sort of offense. In addition, it also possesses another ability - "Ignition Boost" - that allows it to move at incredible speeds for a short amount of time. Unfortunately, this ability is only available once per encounter.

Blue Tears
The next time someone tells you that you fight like a girl, show them a picture of Blue Tears in action - it's not big on speed, but it's a monsterous powerhouse when it comes to long-range combat. A third-generation Infinite Stratos Unit, its main capabilities enable it to face down multiple opponents at once. Personally, I prefer Blue Tears' combat capabilities to those of Byakushiki - however, in their very first fight, though Byakushiki lost to Blue Tears, it was only due to the fact that the pilot overused its offensive technique when he was seconds away from victory.

Byakushiki Setsura

Byakushiki Setsura (above, right) is the Byakushiki's second form - a seriously beefed up suit of armour with incredibley powerful defensive and upgraded offensive capabilities. In short, this is the Byakushiki on steroids.

Now, I just want to warn everyone - Infinites Stratos, the series that all the above mecha designs come from, turned out to be a harem series, which I stopped watching about three episodes in (I would have stopped sooner, had I known what a harem series was at the time), so watch and Google the series only at your own risk.

EDIT: by the way, I'm aware that the last picture (Byakushiki Setsura) is horrible quality. I would have uploaded a better one, but the picture was too large for the page. If you want to see a better shot of the Byakushiki Setsura, click here.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Gunbuster says hi.

The Big O is just class (big image).

The Altiesen (Super Robot Wars) has a ton of short-range explodey stuff. Kinda cool.

I've got a soft spot for Guncannon (Gundam 0079). Or maybe just Kai.

Hey, GP-03 Dendrobium (Gundam 0083), got enough rockets there?

And for sheer hilarity, you've got the [s]Rowboat[/s] Viking Gundam

and the Nether Gundam. Hurricane Gundam. Whatever.

Gotta love that G Gundam.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1593480) wrote:Hey, GP-03 Dendrobium (Gundam 0083), got enough rockets there?

I think your link is broken - the video wouldn't load for me.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Bio_Plus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Cybuster
Megas XLR
Bio_Plus

Postby SilverToast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Gundam
Only the best pilots can hope to master this mecha. This mecha is on a level beyond human comprehension. It is said that who can master this mecha shall have power to destroy his enemies and reign as ruler above the universe.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb2l5fU2eF1qew7oao1_400.jpg

Guntank
hahaha
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msgundam/rx-75-4.jpg

Gundam RX 78
You can't beat the unlimited shield supply of the original gundam.
http://annesanimeblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/mobile-suit-gundam.jpg
SilverToast

Postby Crossfire » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

The lack of Gouf Custom is disturbing.

Aside from that, two of my personal favourites have to be the classic Zaku II and its predecessor, the [s]Robo-Wehrmacht[/s] Geara Zulu (pictured below).

Davidizer13 (post: 1593480) wrote:And for sheer hilarity, you've got the [s]Rowboat[/s] Viking Gundam

and the Nether Gundam. Hurricane Gundam. Whatever.

Gotta love that G Gundam.

Thank you. I nearly fell out of my chair from laughter.
Crossfire

Postby Neane » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 pm

More people need to love Tequila Gundam.
Neane

Postby KnightOfFive » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Speed and grace that are almost without peer in the mecha world. These are attributes of the Z0-1 Lancelot. http://www.epicwin.org/img/codegeass/02.jpg
http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Lancelot
Most warriors would find it beneath them to attack a girl. Especially when she wasn't looking. No person with any honor or pride would ever do such a thing. I bid you farewell and good riddance. You're not even worth lamenting.-Uryu Ishida
KnightOfFive

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 pm

I do love me a good, old-fashioned, sword-swingin' mecha.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Neane » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Michael Lance (post: 1597420) wrote:I do love me a good, old-fashioned, sword-swingin' mecha.

Oh forgot about the mecha designs from Escaflowne. You'll right, those are awesome.
Neane

Re: The Ultimate Mecha Design(?)

Postby spark300c » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:53 pm

If go with design that have been in shows I go with alpha fighter or AFC-01 Legioss Armo-Fighter as it known in Mospeada
spark300c

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews